Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cunny Funt

A hard earned and deserved win for United. Finally showing a bit of consistency at home. Villa a well organised side in good form and United needed a number of good individuals performances in order to win and they got that in the likes of Pogba, Wan-Bissaka and Bailly tonight.

StPatsAbu

That's a good Villa side and a good 3 points

Jell 0 Biafra

I don't watch a lot of Utd, but any time I've seen Wan-Bissaka, I've thought he's looked good.  But people here don't seem to rate him.  What's the issue, is it just inconsistency or what?

snoopdog

In fairness to AWB he got an assist and made a brilliant clearance but he was at fault for the villa goal. He is often out of position and prob gets no assistance from his central defensive teammates they all lookout of place at times. Brilliant tackler poor going fwd though. Another right back in jan would help for the season. 

StPatsAbu

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 01, 2021, 11:00:59 PM
I don't watch a lot of Utd, but any time I've seen Wan-Bissaka, I've thought he's looked good.  But people here don't seem to rate him.  What's the issue, is it just inconsistency or what?

Not sure anyone who's opinion matters doesn't rate AWB? He might not get many assists like Robertson or Walker but he is the best defensive FB in the premier league at present

Jell 0 Biafra

I probably wouldn't notice someone being out of position unless it was really egregious (what's the keeper doing over by the corner flag?), but Pat'sabu's comment is consistent with my impression of Wan-Bissaka from the 5 or 6 games I've seen him in.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on January 02, 2021, 12:47:16 AM
I probably wouldn't notice someone being out of position unless it was really egregious (what's the keeper doing over by the corner flag?), but Pat'sabu's comment is consistent with my impression of Wan-Bissaka from the 5 or 6 games I've seen him in.

In terms of tackling and being a pure defensive FB he is pretty good but he offers very little going forward. Physically he is a very good player but I don't think he is the smartest footballer. The sort of player who will do A repeatedly until you tell him to do B.

Big win for United and certainly they must be favourites for the title now given the injuries in Anfield. The game in a few weeks will really be the 'momentum' game

nrico2006

How good is Max Arrons?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GJL

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 02, 2021, 08:59:20 AM

In terms of tackling and being a pure defensive FB he is pretty good but he offers very little going forward. Physically he is a very good player but I don't think he is the smartest footballer. The sort of player who will do A repeatedly until you tell him to do B.

Big win for United and certainly they must be favourites for the title now given the injuries in Anfield. The game in a few weeks will really be the 'momentum' game

I know you jest about the favourite tag but all joking aside City are in a good position. If they win there 2 games at hand they are only a point behind Liverpool and Utd. All to play for.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: GJL on January 02, 2021, 03:21:09 PM

I know you jest about the favourite tag but all joking aside City are in a good position. If they win there 2 games at hand they are only a point behind Liverpool and Utd. All to play for.

Only half joking. I genuinely think that United could go the whole way. LFC decimated by injuries. City not quite firing but could pull it together. It's there for anyone who wants to make a run at it and United have the tradition. The only thing is they are liable to have a run of shit results as easily as a run of good ones and if Fernandes losses form you're  fucked

Cunny Funt

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on January 02, 2021, 07:13:53 PM
Quote from: GJL on January 02, 2021, 03:21:09 PM

In terms of tackling and being a pure defensive FB he is pretty good but he offers very little going forward. Physically he is a very good player but I don’t think he is the smartest footballer. The sort of player who will do A repeatedly until you tell him to do B.

Big win for United and certainly they must be favourites for the title now given the injuries in Anfield. The game in a few weeks will really be the ‘momentum’ game

Only half joking. I genuinely think that United could go the whole way. LFC decimated by injuries. City not quite firing but could pull it together. It’s there for anyone who wants to make a run at it and United have the tradition. The only thing is they are liable to have a run of shit results as easily as a run of good ones and if Fernandes losses form you’re  fucked

Uniteds main objective from this season is trying to finish in the top 4 for two seasons in a row, something that hasn't been done since Ferguson retired. Only 16 games played in this season and just 4 points ahead of 5th so plenty of work to reach that objective yet.

Come April, May it remains to be seen if Liverpool will have any challenger still chasing them as I still have my doubts on Man City to suddenly find their consistency of two seasons ago.

nrico2006

United have actually been pretty consistent in the league, from a point gaining perspective, over the past year in the league. Saw a 'table' the other day showing the standings of the PL teams since Fernandes joined United. Over the 30 odd games, United were top.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

NAG1

Quote from: nrico2006 on January 02, 2021, 08:26:39 PM
United have actually been pretty consistent in the league, from a point gaining perspective, over the past year in the league. Saw a 'table' the other day showing the standings of the PL teams since Fernandes joined United. Over the 30 odd games, United were top.

Definitely seem to be gaining a little more consistency and little more confidence.

Baily helps at the back, genuinely think if we had better RB and LB would be a serious threat. But think they are still a couple of players short to maintain a title challenge. Hope I am wrong though.

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: NAG1 on January 04, 2021, 09:02:17 AM

Definitely seem to be gaining a little more consistency and little more confidence.

Baily helps at the back, genuinely think if we had better RB and LB would be a serious threat. But think they are still a couple of players short to maintain a title challenge. Hope I am wrong though.

You say about a better RB and LB, what was the point of spending £50m on AWB?  I thought he was the second coming. I think he is a good solid defensive RB but as I said above he is not the smartest player and is very much a 'last ditch' tackling defender. Young and can learn though. Also Alex Telles was brought in to supplement Shaw. Maybe what is needed is patience and let the players that are there settle and develop?

J70

Quote from: NAG1 on January 04, 2021, 09:02:17 AM

City and Liverpool, so far, have fallen back into the pack this season. If they both continue to perform so, then United have as good a chance as anyone.