Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snoopdog

Great result tonight in Milan. Pogba changed the game. When he performs like that he is world class. Defence solid also. On a plus not Dalot looked good over both legs so hopefully a good addition to squad for next season.

Cunny Funt

Good character by the players and game management on and off the field to win that tie.

As professional away performance as one could see and but for a lapse in concentration deep into injury time in the 1st leg from a corner United would have won both legs 1-0.  Instant impact for Pogba on his return from injury, not only his goal he was one of the stand out players 2nd half.

NAG1

Really solid performance last night and a growing maturity to be fair to them.

The game was crying out for PP from the word go and he looked the part when he came on. Strong on the ball kept it continually and used it really well. Also makes Bruno more space and takes the heat off him slightly.

Two aspects been worrying in the last few games, Greenwood continually giving the ball away and Dan James doing roughly the same and lack of ability to pick that last pass.

Ethan Tremblay

I don't think James will ever make it as a first teamer at United, but sometimes you need the type of player that is going to do the donkey work around the final third of the pitch and put pressure on the opposition defence. 

A good win against top opposition, United should take some confidence from this match that they are capable of mixing it up with Europe's best (ironically both being in the second best European competition) . 

They should be favorites alongside Ajax to win the thing?
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

Jeepers Creepers

Quote from: Ethan Tremblay on March 19, 2021, 11:11:14 AM
I don't think James will ever make it as a first teamer at United, but sometimes you need the type of player that is going to do the donkey work around the final third of the pitch and put pressure on the opposition defence. 

A good win against top opposition, United should take some confidence from this match that they are capable of mixing it up with Europe's best (ironically both being in the second best European competition) . 

They should be favorites alongside Ajax to win the thing?

James always takes the hardest option which is continuing to run with the ball.

trailer

Henderson
       Lindelof          Maguire

That works. With DeGea it doesn't.

DeGea sold, Kane in, Premier league champs by Crimbo next year.

Helix.

Granada in quarter final with winner playing Ajax or Roma should United get that far.
Away first. Not a bad draw. Keep injuries limited and should be in with a great shout of going all the way.

pbat

Quote from: trailer on March 19, 2021, 11:50:32 AM
                Henderson

With Kane's age profile and injury record I'd rather really go full tilt at getting Haaland, agree clear out De Gea, Martial, Lingard, Jones, Mata, raise funds and spend 300 or 400 this summer.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Helix. on March 19, 2021, 12:19:47 PM
Granada in quarter final with winner playing Ajax or Roma should United get that far.
Away first. Not a bad draw. Keep injuries limited and should be in with a great shout of going all the way.
Yes the injury situation will play a key role. Arsenal got an easier draw. Home draw first would be more ideal. Have to play a rested Spurs away after that 1st leg against Granada

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: pbat on March 19, 2021, 12:31:02 PM
                Henderson

With Kane's age profile and injury record I'd rather really go full tilt at getting Haaland, agree clear out De Gea, Martial, Lingard, Jones, Mata, raise funds and spend 300 or 400 this summer.

On the other hand 3 or 4 years out of Kane would leave Greenwood at good age by then. I thought he's been really good in the last 2 games. I think it's a good time to move De Gea on as good as he was in the past. Pogba staying is more important now than ever, they won't replace him properly if he goes. He made Fred and McTomnay look so much better when he came on, he always wants the ball and looks forward when he has it. Takes the attention off Bruno too. Pity his agent and brother are complete ball bags.

trailer

Henderson

Agree on Haaland. I'm on record as saying you just buy him no matter the cost, 2, 3, 4 hundred million. Whatever it takes. But I can't see Utd paying that money. PSG or RM a more likely destination. But I would love to be wrong.

bigarsedkeeper

Quote from: trailer on March 19, 2021, 01:57:27 PM
                Henderson

Agree on Haaland. I'm on record as saying you just buy him no matter the cost, 2, 3, 4 hundred million. Whatever it takes. But I can't see Utd paying that money. PSG or RM a more likely destination. But I would love to be wrong.

I'd be worried him or Kane ends up at City, they'd score a bucket load there. I just can't see this United board putting up the money for the big names.

Jeepers Creepers

Haaland and his Da aren't stupid, If utd are the only club prepared to pay his wage demands he'll go. He won't go to PSG with Mbappe there and does RM football suit his style? I would say City are in the driving seat especialy with Aguero going.

Ed Ricketts

Can't see Haaland to United. Too many reasons for it not to happen.

Also don't see him going to Madrid or Paris, just yet anyway. Raiola will be pushing against it - he wants as many big paydays as he can squeeze out of his most prized asset. Madrid, PSG, City, etc are dead ends. Haaland could sit at these clubs for the rest of his career - like Pogba at United, which really seems to have fucked Raiola off.

Without an obscene payoff to the agent, I reckon the plan is for Haaland to stay at Dortmund for another year until the relatively modest release clause kicks in. Then shift him to a club just below the financial elite - Juve or maybe even Liverpool - before sending him to Madrid or whoever for mega bucks when he's 26/ 27.
Doc would listen to any kind of nonsense and change it for you to a kind of wisdom.

nrico2006

Quote from: bigarsedkeeper on March 19, 2021, 02:01:34 PM
Quote from: trailer on March 19, 2021, 01:57:27 PM
                Henderson

I'd be worried him or Kane ends up at City, they'd score a bucket load there. I just can't see this United board putting up the money for the big names.

They havent exactly been shy with the cheque book the past few years.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'