Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clarshack

Start of 2nd half played ok for about 30 seconds lol.

Tyrone Gaa

Is it the venue that is the problem? Venues in the West just don't have the capability to stream a game or do Tyrone need to invest in better technologies.

It's silence from Tyrone communications committee or County PRO. I'd expect at least an acknowledgement that they've got it wrong!! Then how they plan to reimburse customers. Head in the clouds from Chairman down.
Living the dream!!!

LeoMc

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 16, 2020, 05:17:45 PM
Is it the venue that is the problem? Venues in the West just don't have the capability to stream a game or do Tyrone need to invest in better technologies.

It's silence from Tyrone communications committee or County PRO. I'd expect at least an acknowledgement that they've got it wrong!! Then how they plan to reimburse customers. Head in the clouds from Chairman down.

It seems to be a mix of venues without decent broadband (Lough, Island) collapsed broadband as happened in Omagh and Co board not paying CDN for sufficient bandwidth width to meet demand.

LeoMc

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 16, 2020, 05:01:10 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on August 14, 2020, 09:39:26 PM
Eugene McConnell needs sacked!!

I standby this statement. He has had 2/3 years to iron out this Tyrone TV today has been frustrating viewing. £10 so far I'd like to see the last game but don't feel like wasting another fiver!! I'm happy to pay for a reliable service.
Need to bang his and Kerrs heads together.

delgany

Stream has improved a bit in 2nd half (scud!)  Extra time yip

Carmen Stateside

I won't expect things to be any better in Carrickmore . Broadband.??? No chance!

omagh_gael

Broadband gone to shite around the Lough and Carmen.

Btw, Sludden played more injury time yesterday in the lough v dungannon (worg barely any prolonged stoppages) game compared to this game here and McLaughlin was injured for over 5 minutes. f**king joke.

Mikhailov

Quote from: omagh_gael on August 16, 2020, 05:58:50 PM
Broadband gone to shite around the Lough and Carmen.

Btw, Sludden played more injury time yesterday in the lough v dungannon (worg barely any prolonged stoppages) game compared to this game here and McLaughlin was injured for over 5 minutes. f**king joke.

Don't be blaming Sludden for your inability to hold onto a 2 point lead in injury time. Wasn't referee fault at all. Lough were good in second half but tried to be too smart in last 5 minutes and paid the ultimate punishment.

BennyHarp

Seemed like a cracking extra time. Pity I only was able to see about 90 seconds of it. The football this week has been absolutely top drawer, shame the streaming hasn't matched it.
That was never a square ball!!

omagh_gael

More a case of the inconsistency being a pain in the hole and whatever way you look at it the length of injury time was the drawing of the game.

Great second half and extra time in the Omagh match, some run by Teague and McNabb to set up their two goals. My stream was brutal first half but improved considerably after half time.

ctrallying

Unreal the stream is off for the Errigal game before it has even begun.

sam03/05

Tyrone TV has been ashambles all weekend.
Apart from Clonoe v Fianna  the rest a joke.
Money should be refunded - it simply does not work

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 16, 2020, 06:48:52 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 16, 2020, 05:25:17 PM
It seems to be a mix of venues without decent broadband (Lough, Island) collapsed broadband as happened in Omagh and Co board not paying CDN for sufficient bandwidth width to meet demand.

I'd guess that the CDN employed by the streaming provider isn't the big problem, rather the backhaul to the streaming server is the issue.

Without knowing what their set up is doing so, I'm guessing that they aren't using a commercial-grade link - wouldn't be surprised if for a 4G connection they were using a dodgy O2 PAYG sim card!  :o

Streaming HD video via 4G connections can be done reliably - many news & press organisations already do this and have done so since the early 2010's, but they cough up money for a special commercial/business package that gives them a quality of service guarantee.

A few years back I was at a double-header championship game in Carrickmore - at the time both O2 and Vodafone were 2G only but EE & 3 provided 3G coverage (4G hadn't reached there yet) - I used a 3 sim card into a spare phone's WiFi hotspot that served six of us with a better, faster data connection than O2 could give on the day and even allow for non-buffering streaming video. These days all four networks have reasonably decent outdoor 4G coverage, but (a) not all customers are evenly spread over each network, and (b) not all networks are equal in their performance.
Is that the up or the down? And is it the local or national provider?

inroundthesquare

Paddy Hunter very cheeky there bragging about the quality of the Errigal stream (which was out for most of the first 10 minutes) - then saying that if you are having issues it must be an issue with your own server! Couldn't make it up

LeoMc

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on August 16, 2020, 07:40:06 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on August 16, 2020, 07:34:45 PM
Is that the up or the down? And is it the local or national provider?

Upload. In terms of technical performance, EE would have the best/most capable 4G data capacity locally in Tyrone in my experience. But they're also not the cheapest.
Venues without coverage  or are they using broadband where they should be using 4/5g?