Milltown Row2

Quote from: macdanger2 on January 27, 2019, 05:19:44 PM
Quote from: laoislad on January 26, 2019, 08:44:15 PM
Good win for Laois tonight 👍
FT
Laois 2-15
Down 1-12

Down the only team to let me down on a 6 game accumulator. 2/7 at home ffs >:(

First games of the season are hard to call, I'd a 6 timer bate also, a draw in a hurling game!

Though fancied Monaghan Kerry and Kilkenny as a treble. So not too pissed aff
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Blowitupref

FT
Laois 2-15
Down 1-12

I stand corrected but i think Down are one of those teams with a shocking home record over the last 3 or 4 years.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Shamrock Shore

Summary of our win in Drogheda.

Longford were bad............Louth were worse.

Ah no - that's too glib. We just about deserved the win but for the last 10 mins we were 2 players up but still almost conspired not to win it.

A win is a win and we need these wins to survive in Div3. Louth will need to improve or they're heading for the wastelands of Div4.

Offaly at home next weekend. They'll have marked this down as a must-win. They may be too strong for us as we currently stand......

Rossfan

But Offaly are saddled with Tanman ;)
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

MK

FT
Laois 2-15
Down 1-12

2/7 on a team widely available at evens........ :o :o :o

The Insider

Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 27, 2019, 05:34:46 PM

Ah no - that's too glib. We just about deserved the win but for the last 10 mins we were 2 players up but still almost conspired not to win it.

A win is a win and we need these wins to survive in Div3. Louth will need to improve or they're heading for the wastelands of Div4.

Offaly at home next weekend. They'll have marked this down as a must-win. They may be too strong for us as we currently stand......
Seeing that Longford were down the 8 St Columba's players, the exam tied Dessie Reynolds, the injured Pádraig Mc Cormack and Connor Berry and the possible 3 retirees totaling 14 players unavailable it was a great result. Great to see the 3 league debutant as subs all scoring.

macdanger2

Quote from: MK on January 27, 2019, 07:06:47 PM
FT
Laois 2-15
Down 1-12

2/7 on a team widely available at evens........ :o :o :o

That's what they were midweek with PP, must have changed after the teams were named

magpie seanie

Quote from: Owenmoresider on January 27, 2019, 05:16:40 PM
Not much hope for us this year it would seem.

What did you think this time last year? Keep the faith.

Shamrock Shore

Quote from: The Insider on January 27, 2019, 10:18:30 PM
Quote from: Shamrock Shore on January 27, 2019, 05:34:46 PM

Seeing that Longford were down the 8 St Columba's players, the exam tied Dessie Reynolds, the injured Pádraig Mc Cormack and Connor Berry and the possible 3 retirees totaling 14 players unavailable it was a great result. Great to see the 3 league debutant as subs all scoring.

Apols - of course it was a great win considering the handicap we have started with.

I was remarkign at the game with the new mark if only we had Niall Sheridan adin in the square. He'd make hay.

Pearse Park putting in extra power points to allow Muaghan to top up the tan on Sunday at half time.

Chrimtain

Pearse Park putting in extra power points to allow Muaghan to top up the tan on Sunday at half time.
[/quote]

Very good.  ;D ;D ;D

Unlaoised

Some result for Laois in Newry ...

THats them safe now
LAOIS ABÚ

Croí na hÉireann

Westmeath blitzed the Biffos for the last 20 minutes but were woeful for the other 50, everyone stuck in reverse. Offaly were better than expected but what were they doing taking off Anton O'Sullivan? Need to get Kevin Maguire back into the full back line asap. Good to see Corroon back but it was Luke who made the difference when he came on. Should get a more committed display Saturday against Carlow.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

seafoid

Quote from: Rossfan on January 27, 2019, 06:45:51 PM
But Offaly are saddled with Tanman ;)

Offaly boost with Niall McNamee set for return

Offaly manager John Maughan has been dealt a major boost with forward Niall McNamee making a U-turn on his decision to retire from inter-county football.

The Mirror has reported that the 33-year-old, who last played for the county in a qualifier defeat to Cavan in 2017, has returned to the panel and is expected to feature in the coming weeks.

Offaly began their Division Three campaign with a one-point defeat to Westmeath and travel to Pearse Park on Sunday to take on Longford.

McNamee's return will seriously bolster the Faithful attack and the gifted forward won his 10th county medal last year after notching 0-09 against Ferbane.

The former Offaly captain announced his inter-county retirement in August 2017, with a 2006 Leinster final the closet he came to provincial silverware. He was nominated for an All Star that year after a number of sparkling performances in the championship.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

LooseCannon

Still the best footballer in Offaly by some distance.