Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

southtyronegael

Phone call this evening,'hi Kyle its mickey Harte here, any chance you rejoining the panel? Kyle..'f**k off mickey'.

bigtogs

3 starting forwards out from last day, jaysus luck has deserted us on the injury front...Ronan O'Neill could be excommunicated, so in reality from the 26 togged on Sunday we have Ciaran McGeary...thats it...Mulgrew may step up.... anyone else??? McHugh??

Tyrone Gaa

Quote from: bigtogs on May 24, 2018, 01:58:41 PM
3 starting forwards out from last day, jaysus luck has deserted us on the injury front...Ronan O'Neill could be excommunicated, so in reality from the 26 togged on Sunday we have Ciaran McGeary...thats it...Mulgrew may step up.... anyone else??? McHugh??

McHugh is maybe a good shout, I haven't seen much of him outside of McKenna Cup games and apparently is doing a fair job for Aghyaran.  Harry Loughran is another that might get a chance in the forward line. 
Living the dream!!!

omagh_gael

Very surprised to hear that re Lee. Usually with a significant hamstring pull it goes straight away and it's obvious you need to go off. Lee went of without any major fuss and looked like he was taken off as he was gassed through lack of match sharpness.

I'm no Mickey loyalist, and some of the usual mouthpieces in here will be loving it, but he majorly screwed up by starting all the injured men.

Bigtogs, who are the three starting forwards? Bradley, Brennan and ?????

bigtogs

Quote from: omagh_gael on May 24, 2018, 02:13:50 PM
Very surprised to hear that re Lee. Usually with a significant hamstring pull it goes straight away and it's obvious you need to go off. Lee went of without any major fuss and looked like he was taken off as he was gassed through lack of match sharpness.

I'm no Mickey loyalist, and some of the usual mouthpieces in here will be loving it, but he majorly screwed up by starting all the injured men.

Peter Harte??

The Trap

I heard Brennan tore his hamstring at training on Tuesday night....you would have thought they would have taken Tuesday off!

bigtogs

Quote from: The Trap on May 24, 2018, 02:27:01 PM
I heard Brennan tore his hamstring at training on Tuesday night....you would have thought they would have taken Tuesday off!

Lots of rumours knocking about, both will be a loss as replacements are thin on the ground...

Christmas Lights

Quote from: bigpackiechestout on May 24, 2018, 01:34:00 PM
Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on May 24, 2018, 01:29:07 PM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on May 24, 2018, 01:25:23 PM
Lee Brennan out for 2 months according to teamtalk.

Just seen that and Bradly could face a battle with his fitness.  Anybody a phone number for Dazzler McCurry??

Hope Ronan O'Neill didn't make any impromptu summer plans after his tantrum on Sunday...

If you going to play RON you need to play him at 11.  Waste of time playing him at corner forward, he doesn't have the pace or power or height to play at corner forward on the county team.  Only place he stands a chance is out the field a bit where he can get his hands on the ball and create something.  Corner forward nowadays very difficult place to play unless you have blistering speed or a bit of size.

bigpackiechestout

I don't know Omagh Gael, Harte is damned if he does and damned if he doesn't. You can be sure he would have been crucified in here if he didn't start Lee and it went wrong or we missed a few frees from that side early on. People in here were saying the injured lads played an in house game at Carton House and came through OK so if that's the case Harte was always going to start them.

Unfortunately lads get injured sometimes regardless of what the manager does, it will be a huge test of our panel now and hopefully we can get a couple of handy draws early on to at least allow Bradley and Harte time to get back.

redhandefender

Ronan Mc Hugh is also currently injured

square_ball

bigpackiechestout

Quote from: redhandefender on May 24, 2018, 02:51:43 PM
Ronan Mc Hugh is also currently injured

What about Harry Loughran or Cathal McShane at full forward with McAliskey playing off them? It would be great if these injuries allowed us to stumble upon the target man full forward that we've been crying out for for the a few years now.

omagh_gael

Quote from: bigtogs on May 24, 2018, 02:24:44 PM

Peter Harte??

Of course, was thinking of injuries and forgot all about his red card!

Our training (Loughmacrory) was in Garvaghey Tuesday night as pitch had work done to it. Tyrone senior team trained on next pitch. Seemed to be a very light session for no more than an hour. Obviously didn't watch too closely but no clear sign of anyone getting significant injury. Although he could have pulled up without their backs/forwards game stopping.

Norf Tyrone

Is Harte definately suspended?
Is the back door not a different competition than the Ulster Championship?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

longballin

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on May 24, 2018, 03:38:54 PM
Is Harte definately suspended?
Is the back door not a different competition than the Ulster Championship?

Norf Tyrone ffs!  :o