Ulster Championship 2020

Started by J70, October 26, 2020, 03:19:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

It was blocked on the way in so no mark.

According to Marty Clarke.... who to be fair to him comes across very knowledgeable

Captain Obvious

That was Cavans best 1st half of this years championship if they can deliver another good 2nd half performance they might just might produce a shock.

Cassidy is a poor ref and has favoured Donegal in that 1st half.

JoG2

Quote from: sid waddell on November 22, 2020, 04:42:03 PM
That's a mark!

Cavan denied an almost certain point

Was half distracted, was the ball into McKiernan a free? If not, a certain mark

weareros

I know he's a Derryman but must have some Donegal blood. Very harsh on Cavan.

J70

Donegal would want to wake up. Cavan seem far more up for this, and are defending like terriers. We got lucky with the black card or we'd be in trouble. Bonner better be reading the riot act.

JoG2

Quote from: weareros on November 22, 2020, 04:45:36 PM
I know he's a Derryman but must have some Donegal blood. Very harsh on Cavan.

Both parents from Donegal, has a caravan in The Downings, favours suits by Magee and Football Special is his favourite tipple.

imtommygunn

That ref has never been very good tbh.

the half-time show

Having watched Cassidy on numerous occasions I am simply shocked that he has been the dominant factor in this game  ::)

There's a reason why he's only had 3 Ulster Championship games before now & is better known as a linesman in the bigger games.

StephenC

Cassidy has certainly been easier on us. Sure looked like a mark at the end - must have been a very small touch if there was one.

Having just seen the black card, I'll change my position - it was very harsh.

On first look, I felt the McGonagle challenge was accidental - looked like he was tracking his man. But will need to see it again. Hope Galligan is OK.

We'll need to tighten up at the back if we're to win this, and to take a goal chance when it comes along.

Itchy

Cavan needed a bit of luck in this game and thanks to Barry Cassidy its Donegal getting it all. Galligan gone now for 2nd half, massive loss and a serious injustice.

Hound

Black card was a borderline decision. Deliberate or not?
Only the player will know for sure and the ref just had a moment to make up his mind. Tomas OSe thought it was deliberate, O'Rourke thought it wasn't.
I would not have given the card on the basis I couldn't be sure it was deliberate. Albeit if he wasn't looking to take out McHugh, what was he trying to do?

Fair to say more of the borderline decisions have gone Donegal's way.

sid waddell

What a miss

Donegal's defence opened up like the Red Sea there

Captain Obvious

Big goal chance not taken for Cavan.

Rudi

Cavan playing fantastic stuff, great commitment and ability. No luck regarding chances and referring decisions. Hope they can go on and win it.

Angelo

Cassidy bowing to every shout from the Donegal sideline.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL