Want to attend a game of Gaelic football/hurling > need help

Started by MrMarcus, October 23, 2016, 10:17:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MrMarcus

My friends and I are going to Dublin the first weekend of December and we would love to attend a game of Gaelic football or hurling. The website of the Dublin GAA was helpful, but I still have some questions:
  • The Gaelic football/hurling league system confuses me a little bit. I read that the ultimate level in Gaelic football/hurling is the 'National League' and the 'All-Ireland Championship'. Am I right that the level below both are the competitions at county level?
  • Is at county level 'Adult Football/Hurling League Division 1' a higher tier than the 'Adult Football/Hurling League Division 2'?
  • What are the best Gaelic football/hurling club teams of county Dublin?
  • Is it easy to acquire tickets for matches?
Thanks in advance,
Best regards

armaghniac

There are very few games in December, not a good time for this project.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Over the Bar

Son..... step slowly away from the computer and keep your hands where can see 'em! 

Maiden1

All the best club players make up the county team. Below is the Dublin panel. If you click on each player you will see the club of the player.

http://www.dublingaa.ie/teams/senior-football

The Dublin club championship is around the semi final stage and is particularly strong. The winner of the Dublin club championship is usually one of the favourites for the all ireland. Dublin is in Leinster and the leinster final was on 5th December last year so will probably be around the same this year so keep checking that out closer to time. It probably won't be a sellout so you should be able to get tickets. More than likely just pay at gate??

There are no county games in December only club.

Below is a list of winners and runners up and the county of each.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/All-Ireland_Senior_Club_Football_Championship

There are no proofs, only opinions.