The untapped global potential of Gaelic games

Started by Eamonnca1, February 27, 2014, 06:49:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weareros

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 10, 2019, 11:56:51 PM
Is anyone here based in Argentina or anywhere else in South America? I ask because my Spanish language translation of my Gaelic football informational video has just blown up on Youtube with 25,000 views in the last two days. The majority of traffic is coming from Argentina, followed by Spain, followed by relatively trivial amounts coming from other Spanish speaking countries.

When I see a spike in views I usually look at the traffic source and find that someone has posted a link somewhere like Reddit. That hasn't happened this time, most of the traffic is coming from people going to Youtube and typing in "futbol gaelico" as a search term. Something must have happened down there, the game must have gotten some coverage on TV or something.

Likely James Carr's goal. It has been viewed over 8 million times on Twitter alone. I think it began in Argentina. To them it's probably the Gaelic Games version of Maradonas goal against England.

Eamonnca1

The GAA's tweet has a lot of Spanish language comments on it, many people asking what the sport is. I wonder how this got started.

Eamonnca1

Argentinian ESPN! That would explain it. Thanks.

thejuice

The name Mayo might be cause some confusion.

James Carr "El talentoso"

New nickname?
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

manfromdelmonte

Wait until they see Mulligans goal v the Dubs

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on July 11, 2019, 10:13:36 AM
Wait until they see Mulligans goal v the Dubs

Funny we were talking about that the other day....Carr's goal was excellent but Mulligan's was on a different level. 

RedHand88

Quote from: thejuice on July 11, 2019, 09:59:45 AM
The name Mayo might be cause some confusion.

James Carr "El talentoso"

New nickname?

Get that on a banner for the weekend.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: munchkin on July 11, 2019, 03:47:58 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 11, 2019, 05:35:31 AM
Marca in Spain also were mentioning it on twitter and the website
http://videos.marca.com/v/0_k409c9gp-dicen-que-es-el-golazo-del-ano-en-futbol-gaelico-nadie-puede-parar-a-ese-tio?count=0&uetv_pl=futbol

Thanks, Munch. That would explain the traffic from Spain. My Spanish language video typically gets 80 to 100 views a day, but it jumped to 3,000 on Sunday, 5,600 on Monday, 6,200 on Tuesday, and dropped off to 3,000 yesterday.

The English version usually gets about 800 views per day, but it's also seen a spike in the last few days, peaking at 14,000 on Monday.

omaghjoe

Was a bit soccer like the way he squeezed between two defenders like they couldn't touch him.

Anyone who watches it with soccer in mind will think its a great goal but all i thought off when he did that was what shocking defending.

TBF tho it was a good goal but I thought Hurley's goal was better this weekend tho in saying that you could maybe say it was down to bad custodianship

Jayop

Quote from: omaghjoe on July 11, 2019, 09:43:41 PM
Was a bit soccer like the way he squeezed between two defenders like they couldn't touch him.

Anyone who watches it with soccer in mind will think its a great goal but all i thought off when he did that was what shocking defending.

TBF tho it was a good goal but I thought Hurley's goal was better this weekend tho in saying that you could maybe say it was down to bad custodianship

he hit the stanchion though and that always makes a goal look better,.

dec

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 11, 2019, 05:35:31 AM

A MESSIANIC GOLAZO IN GAELIC FOOTBALL!

The talented James Carr, from Mayo, scored an incredible goal against Galway in the Gaelic Football Championship in Ireland. A sport that has its roots in that nation.

Eamonnca1

Roller hurling. The possibilities are staggering!

https://www.facebook.com/Sandiegohurling/videos/530697857578893/

Bit of a unique combination of skills there!

Jeepers Creepers