The Unofficial Sunderland Thread

Started by Mentalman, January 24, 2008, 12:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spiritof91and94

Yes I Would

Roy certainly isnt afraid to splash the cash. 8 million snoops for Anton Ferdinand.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sunderland/7580244.stm

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

extra time, all square at full time 1 each

tyroneboi

gerry

Quote from: tyroneboi on August 27, 2008, 09:47:06 PM
2-1 Sunderland - David Healy

does that mean i have to start liking healy now

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Yes I Would on August 26, 2008, 11:57:03 PM
Roy certainly isnt afraid to splash the cash. 8 million snoops for Anton Ferdinand.

When i heard on the radio that Keane had signed Ferdinand i thought for one second that Keane had lost the plot totally and bought Rio "I didn't mean to miss a drugs test" Ferdinand then i realised it was Anton and thought yeah maybe not a bad signing for Sunderland
You'll Never Walk Alone.

magpie seanie

QuoteWhen i heard on the radio that Keane had signed Ferdinand i thought for one second that Keane had lost the plot totally and bought Rio "I didn't mean to miss a drugs test" Ferdinand

Sure you did.

Thats another striker scoring on his debut as quite a few have for Keane. Trouble is not too many have repeated the dose all that often afterwards. Squad looks a good bit stronger. This time last year Keane happily sacrificed this comp was there was only one target but maybe this year he feels a cup run is possible and practical.

Mentalman

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 28, 2008, 09:57:11 AM
QuoteWhen i heard on the radio that Keane had signed Ferdinand i thought for one second that Keane had lost the plot totally and bought Rio "I didn't mean to miss a drugs test" Ferdinand

Sure you did.

Thats another striker scoring on his debut as quite a few have for Keane. Trouble is not too many have repeated the dose all that often afterwards. Squad looks a good bit stronger. This time last year Keane happily sacrificed this comp was there was only one target but maybe this year he feels a cup run is possible and practical.

Squad definitely stronger in most positions, would not be surprised to see a few moved on by the end of Monday. If they can get enough goals out of the other strikers until Jones gets fit survival plus a bit more should be well within their reach. Surprised by the number of ball playing midfielders he has, no sign of a real destroyer in there thus far.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

full back

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2008, 11:24:04 PM

When i heard on the radio that Keane had signed Ferdinand i thought for one second that Keane had lost the plot totally and bought Rio "I didn't mean to miss a drugs test" Ferdinand then i realised it was Anton and thought yeah maybe not a bad signing for Sunderland

::)
Bet a few scousers wouldnt mind Rio

Heard somewhere Keane said the cups are the only chance he has of silverware this season so he wont be resting any players or doing squad rotation for cup games this year

Minder

He said last night there would be none of the "nonsense" of last year when he rested players in the Carling Cup and got stuffed by Luton. They are a lot stronger than last year and should stay up comfortably.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Denn Forever

Didn't see the game but appartently he wore a green sweatshirt a la Brian Clough?  Did he?

An Healy scored the winner but I'd say Keane would no be impressed that they didn't win it in normal time.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Denn Forever on August 28, 2008, 11:53:53 AM
Didn't see the game but appartently he wore a green sweatshirt a la Brian Clough?  Did he?

no, pics I saw last night, was a nice black suit , white shirt, openneck, not sure about the shoes, Id imagine he went for laceups..
Its Grim up North

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: full back on August 28, 2008, 11:36:40 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 27, 2008, 11:24:04 PM

::)
Bet a few scousers wouldnt mind Rio

Heard somewhere Keane said the cups are the only chance he has of silverware this season so he wont be resting any players or doing squad rotation for cup games this year

Why would we want him?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

new devil

Because he's one of the best defenders in the world....Are you saying he wouldn't get on the liverpool team  :D :D