The Unofficial Sunderland Thread

Started by Mentalman, January 24, 2008, 12:07:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donagh

I see Sunderland have pulled their fans discussion forum this morning.

Billys Boots

QuoteTime flys by when you're getting on a bit eh Billy.

I remember the Valley from when Allan Simonsen used to sink to his ankles there.

QuoteIt would be quite easy to think he is a wholesaler or a retailer, but the reality of it is he buys them up for personal comsumption

I was under the impression, from the information presented here, that he was a pie 'merchant'.  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

AZOffaly

Maybe he was a pie merchant, but something kept eating into his profit margin. :D

Leo

Quote from: the Deel Rover on January 30, 2008, 11:09:23 AM
the standard of football played last night was absolutely brutal, i know the  conditions didn't help but i just couldn't watch the full match which seems to be happening a lot especially if any of the top 4 or 5 teams are not playing.   At this stage i'd nearly prefer to watch bowls thats how bad it is. :(

Good man TDR.
Pubs around me all cancelling their Sky subs - few in the pubs Saturday or Sunday other than the usual saddos - they even prefer Deal or No Deal. . Unweatchable except the occasional Arsean game and (God forgive me) sometimes MU.
Last time I was at Chelsea (last year)  I fell asleep before half time.
Wigan? Bolton? Blacburn?
Oh Joy!
I'm off to the bowls as well.
Fierce tame altogether

Declan

Looks like Reid is on his way alright - Clubs have agreed a fee

magpie seanie

Reid might actually work out in the system Sunderland sometimes play (i.e. 3 central midfielders with big Jones up front on his own). He's definitely a better player than some of the midfielders Keane has at his disposal at present.

ExiledGael

Confirmed for 4 million. Whatever about his weight he undoubtedly has premier league ability, which a lot of his side don't. Good news for Ireland to see him back in the top flight too. Could be a good signing, cracking left foot.

superblues

good win today think there home form will keep them up thats 7 wins at home only 6 teams can better that liverpool have only won 5 at home  ::)

gerry

nice to see it. sunderland have to win these bottom half matches if they have any chance of staying up
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Donagh

Surely must be almost safe now. Good man Roy. Still on course for taking over from Ferguson and the (united) Irish job for the 2030 World Cup and Uachtarán na hÉireann two years later.

slow corner back

Quote from: superblues on February 09, 2008, 05:26:11 PM
good win today think there home form will keep them up thats 7 wins at home only 6 teams can better that liverpool have only won 5 at home  ::)

Sunderland have only two points away from home all season. They may well still have a lot of the top sides to come to their place, I do not know the run in. They need to finish the season witha few more away points or they will be sweating in the last two weeks.

ildanach

23/2  Portsmouth v Sunderland, 15:00
01/3  Derby v Sunderland, 15:00
08/3  Sunderland v Everton, 15:00
15/3  Sunderland v Chelsea, 15:00
22/3  Aston Villa v Sunderland, 15:00
29/3  Sunderland v West Ham, 15:00
05/4  Fulham v Sunderland, 15:00
12/4  Sunderland v Man City, 15:00
19/4  Newcastle v Sunderland, 15:00
26/4  Sunderland v Middlesbro', 15:00
03/5  Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00
11/5  Sunderland v Arsenal, 15:00

6 home games but that includes arsenal,chelsea,everton and a local derby with boro

Think they will be safe though as they can pick up at least a point at bolton, fulham, derby and maybe portsmouth and the game in newcastle
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.