Brian O'Driscoll - fractured cheekbone!

Started by GalwayBayBoy, August 16, 2007, 10:48:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

inisceithleann

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 16, 2007, 11:55:19 PM
Quote from: hardstation on August 16, 2007, 11:46:23 PM
Jaysus, conspiracy theories.
How many rugby matches are played without someone getting a box in the face?
::)

David Kelly was on TV3 news saying Bayonne were indulging in a cheap shot fest all night.

Crazy decision anyway to play a French club weeks before you play France in the World Cup.

I agree sure it's a perfect oppurtunity for french spying on tactics etc. as well
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

stephenite

Crazy decision anyway to play a French club weeks before you play France in the World Cup.

Agreed - makes no sense at all

Tankie

Quote from: stephenite on August 16, 2007, 11:58:48 PM

Agreed - makes no sense at all

it was only meant to be a run around, the actual warm up game is tomorrow against italy when the first team wont be playing. its a catch 22, the first team need match practice!
Grand Slam Saturday!

new devil

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on August 16, 2007, 11:49:08 PM
Quote from: Tankie on August 16, 2007, 11:30:18 PM
French dirtbags! I hope he dies in a car crash if Brian is out!

Bit harsh i know but what a focking dirtbag!

You obviously have never felt the pain of losing a family member or a friend so suddenly in a car crash
You have really overstepped the line with that post what a disgusting thing to say about any human being

Obviously this scum bag has never lose someone to a car crash.... f**k you are a tr**p....people kicked off this board for less

Declan

Not a fractured cheekbone- damaged sinus out for 2/3 weeks, no surgery needed and should be OK for second group game

TORGAEL

FROM BBC WEBSITE

O'Driscoll out of first Cup game 

Skipper Brian O'Driscoll is out of Ireland's opening World Cup match after suffering a fractured sinus in Thursday's 42-6 victory over Bayonne.
The 28-year-old centre was taken to hospital with a suspected broken right cheekbone after an apparent punch by Mikaera Tewhata in the second half.

But X-rays have revealed the injury is not as bad as first feared.

He will miss the warm-up match against Italy as well as the first World Cup pool game with Namibia on 9 September.

"Following an X-ray and scan of Brian O'Driscoll's injury, it has been confirmed that he has sustained a fracture to his sinus and a deep laceration under his right eye," said an Irish Rugby Union statement.

I don't mind physicality, but it was more than physical. There were some cheap shots said Eddie O'Sullivan.

"This is not as serious as initially feared and the injury will not require any surgery.

"The recovery period for the injury is three to four weeks which will rule O'Driscoll out of the warm-up game against Italy next week and the first World Cup pool game against Namibia."

The loss of Ireland's inspirational leader against minnows Namibia should not be a major problem but coach Eddie O'Sullivan will be desperate to have the centre fully fit for the crunch pool games against France on 21 September and Argentina eight days later.

magpie seanie

Surely Munster could be providing their services for a few warm up games for other countries? No takers?

FAI like incompetence from the IRFU to allow the Frogs a chance to feck up our best player like this. Ridiculous.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: magpie seanie on August 17, 2007, 09:53:07 AM
Surely Munster could be providing their services for a few warm up games for other countries? No takers?

FAI like incompetence from the IRFU to allow the Frogs a chance to feck up our best player like this. Ridiculous.

Absolutely crazy decision by the IRFU it would be like the meath team taking on a cork club side before the all ireland semi final it just wouldn't happen. 
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

A Quinn Martin Production

Doesn't seem to be as bad as first thought.  Look on the bright side...he'll be fresh for the France & Arg. games :-\
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Tankie on August 16, 2007, 11:49:55 PM

Around 99% as its totally banned. Unlike the GAA when someone punches someone in the face they actually get banned!

like, TOTALLY

you must be a member of kilmacud crokes... :D

lynchbhoy

David Kelly was on TV3 news saying Bayonne were indulging in a cheap shot fest all night.

was thinking the same myself
bit of a stupid decision alright I'd say. Hardly a conspiricy theory that some french lad would hit the Irish captain and most celebrated player with france being in the sme group. French league rugby if a tad physical though.

I am sure odriscoll will be fine before too long.

Longfordian

Now that O'Driscoll will be ok for the crunch game .....any word on Leamy ?.....
By all accounts he picked up a nasty shoulder injury which will be alot harder to shift .......if Ireland have any aspirations of going well in the WC .....we need Leamy fully fit .......

pity Gurv didnt take an auld knock then our best fullback by far Murphy would be in from the start .......  ;)

Uladh

Quote from: Longfordian on August 17, 2007, 10:25:26 AM
pity Gurv didnt take an auld knock then our best fullback by far Murphy would be in from the start .......  ;)

He of the missed tackles?

Tankie

Quote from: Longfordian on August 17, 2007, 10:25:26 AM

Now that just a joke, the Gurv is our pest full back at the moment. Murphy has been shown up too many times for his defensive weakness. Also the fact he plays in England doesnt do him any favours in EOS eyes.
Grand Slam Saturday!

fearglasmor

Rugby World Cup.................frankly my dear,  I dont give a damn.

If the amount of thuggery went on in gaelic football that goes on seemingly within the jolly old rough and tumble rules of rugby, the daily news rags and chattering classes would be apoplectic.

The amount of hypocrisy and double standards indulged in by rugby media would make ya sick.