Rolling Stones - Slane

Started by Longfordian, August 16, 2007, 10:20:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Unreal show!!!!!  Brown Sugar was class.

Bit shit up in the seats though.  I was getting plenty of dirty looks for actually enjoying myself and singing/dancing a wee bit.  Plenty of prawn sandwiches up where I was.

Great gig all the same though.
Keep 'er lit

lynchbhoy

gig was good enough, the wife enjoyed it. They aint no Ac/Dc or George thorogood though!
I was miffed tht the bar shut at 9 and I couldnt get more booze.

SouthArmaghBandit

his holiness nb

By the way if any of ye lads nicked my coat in the Village Inn pub on saturday night I want it back!!  >:(

Feckin outsiders comin down here stealing our stuff!!!
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

Did you not get one of those Meteor we've got you covered Ponchos in the Armagh colours? ;D

his holiness nb

Believe it or not it was a brand new Dublin raincoat I only got last week on the way into the Derry game.
60 fecking quid and this was my second time wearing it  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

FFS why did you wear anything of any value on Saturday?

On the brighter side, this Sunday would have been the last time you needed the coat anyway! ;D

thejuice

8) I had a bloody great time, tried to get in to some of the unfamiliar songs such as the ones that Keith sang, but i think people forget that the stones are a bluesy kind of band that like to jam on things and i guess some people might not be to interested in hear keith and Ronny start jamming together but being a guitarist i enjoyed it immensly.

Of course we all came to hear the hits and when they were great. Hightlights for me were Tumbling Dice, Midnight Rambler, Miss You, and of course Jumpin Jack Flash. Great rendition of Jamews Browns I'll Go Crazy, totally unexpected, great.

PS: AC/DC FOR SLANE '08, there would be no complaints form the casuals if this becomes a reality, best live band EVER!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

T Fearon

You're right the Stones are fundamentally a blues band and I was at a couple of Stones concerts at Wembley in the 90s which were much more blues orinetated with guests like Taj Mahal etc.

By the way is it just me or was there a better atmosphere back in the 80s when Slane concerts started and ended in daylight. I know with the giant video screens pyrotechnics and lighting etc that these wouldn't be as effective in daylight, but I always thought there was a better atmosphere in daylight. In 1982 the Stones were on stage at 6pm

Fluffy Che

Cheers 5 Sams, l did enjoy it...

Forgive my gripes..
Midnight to Six..

mc_grens

Thought it was excellent.

Pyrotechnics apart I thought the highlight by a mile was an absolutely raucous version of Jumpin Jack Flash, closely followed by a superb Paint It Black.

Left Liffey Valley at 4, went through the park, ignored the signs saying buses only on the N2 and was in Slane for 5!!

Left as soon as Brown Sugar Ended, was at Slane Bridge before the Fireworks finished, and home by 12.15. (My car was right at the exit to the car park I was in.

All in all a fine day.