Flag protesters cause postponement of top Of the table Irish League game.

Started by T Fearon, February 16, 2013, 04:47:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Its St Partick day that we need to be worried about. The RUC have made a complete balls of this whole Issue.

imtommygunn

It could be madness unfortunately. These boys are still at it every saturday and causing disruption in the city centre.

I would worry if there's a st patricks day parade they'd try and do something there too.

deiseach

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2013, 09:29:15 AM
I think there is going to be blue murder this summer. The peelers have brought it on themselves too.

Is this because you think the protesters are going to get ever more belligerent?

deiseach

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2013, 11:03:15 AM
I think places like Ardoyne and the Strand are going to kick up one hell of a stink when the marching starts.

There will be a huge amount of frustration at how the peelers have tiptoed around these c***ts who have been at it for months.

Gotcha. Not good. But as you say, not surprising.

johnneycool

Quote from: AQMP on February 18, 2013, 10:31:50 AM
Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2013, 09:29:15 AM
I think there is going to be blue murder this summer. The peelers have brought it on themselves too.

+1.  I think it's going to be rough.  I'd be interested to see how policing by "the least worst option" (Will Kerr in today's Irish News) will pan out at the height of the marching season.

Coppers were told all week from higher echelons of the PSNI that they'd be taking a tougher stance on any public order offenses caused by these protestors, an hour later after the protests began of friday evening they'd gotten new orders to adopt a more 'softly softly' approach.

Matt and his crew haven't got the swingers to take them on and Wullie and Co know it.

Hereiam

I will say it again. The orders on the way the RUC have dealt with this are coming from the top dogs in westminster. The brits want to keep this place at a certain economic level and what better way to do than have a bit of unrest no and again.

imtommygunn

Quote from: Hereiam on February 18, 2013, 12:57:26 PM
I will say it again. The orders on the way the RUC have dealt with this are coming from the top dogs in westminster. The brits want to keep this place at a certain economic level and what better way to do than have a bit of unrest no and again.

That doesn't make sense to me... Sure they have to spend a load of money on policing the protests which could have been going into the economy. The capital that goes towards NI is not lowering - it's just shifting.

Why would they want to keep this place at a certain economic level?

Hereiam

They will not allow the general public over here become too wealthy. The stat's for this place will back that up. The more money the greater the power.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2013, 11:03:15 AM
I think places like Ardoyne and the Strand are going to kick up one hell of a stink when the marching starts.

There will be a huge amount of frustration at how the peelers have tiptoed around these c***ts who have been at it for months.
It will be interesting to see how they police counter protests and sit-ins from the residents of Ardoyne etc. I have a small feeling the softly-softly approach won't apply there.

NAG1

Quote from: Hereiam on February 18, 2013, 01:57:38 PM
They will not allow the general public over here become too wealthy. The stat's for this place will back that up. The more money the greater the power.

This makes no sense whatsoever?

Try again to explain this please?

imtommygunn

What stats? If there are stats to say the general public aren't "too wealthy" over here how would they indicate it's due to them not being allowed to be too wealthy?

NAG1

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 18, 2013, 02:04:21 PM
What stats? If there are stats to say the general public aren't "too wealthy" over here how would they indicate it's due to them not being allowed to be too wealthy?

I would have thought that the opposite would be true, create wealth and prosperity for the people more likely to appease the people and make them want to remain part of the Union. More tax income less reliance on the public sector jobs etc

trileacman

Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Milltown Row2

Quote from: hardstation on February 18, 2013, 02:25:45 PM
Donegal Celtic.

Cliftonville are the only taig team worth 2d though.

Cliftonville was mainly a Prod team when it first started was it not? A lot of it's main directors were of a Protestant background, I'm sure someone could be more informed than me on this
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trileacman

I know alot of ye are up in arms about this but frankly I can't get even slightly upset about the goings on in the Irish league.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014