Westminster General Election 2024

Started by lurganblue, May 22, 2024, 04:45:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sportacus

Gavin admits there is an Irish Sea Border.  Pathetic that Nolan had Jeffrey in front of him for hours and let him spoof away that checks and customs were gone - there are checks every day of the week at the ports in Belfast and Larne.

lurganblue

Quote from: Sportacus on Today at 09:37:58 AMGavin admits there is an Irish Sea Border.  Pathetic that Nolan had Jeffrey in front of him for hours and let him spoof away that checks and customs were gone - there are checks every day of the week at the ports in Belfast and Larne.

As there always has been?

tbrick18

What ever about the local politicians running for Westminster - the only real interest I have in that is the nationalist v unionist count at the end of it. An increase in the number of nationalists might nudge us further towards a border poll.

It feels inevitable that the Tories are going to lose in a landslide Labour victory and as much as I want to see that, I can't help but feel Starmer is not going to change much. I'm not a fan of his. It's such a pity Labour aren't going in with a Corbyn-esque leader who I think would do some real good. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think he was honest and had the good of all people at heart.

Denn Forever

Neither candidate inspires.  Least bad wins. 

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Sportacus

Quote from: lurganblue on Today at 11:06:17 AM
Quote from: Sportacus on Today at 09:37:58 AMGavin admits there is an Irish Sea Border.  Pathetic that Nolan had Jeffrey in front of him for hours and let him spoof away that checks and customs were gone - there are checks every day of the week at the ports in Belfast and Larne.

Not on your Tesco groceries.

lurganblue

Quote from: Sportacus on Today at 01:04:50 PM
Quote from: lurganblue on Today at 11:06:17 AM

Not on your Tesco groceries.

Is that why there were no bananas the other day. Stuck in Larne

armaghniac

SF not standing in Belfast East, Belfast South and Mid Down, Lagan Valley and North Down.
Another few votes for Alliance to stop the DUP.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

seafoid

Quote from: tbrick18 on Today at 11:35:11 AMWhat ever about the local politicians running for Westminster - the only real interest I have in that is the nationalist v unionist count at the end of it. An increase in the number of nationalists might nudge us further towards a border poll.

It feels inevitable that the Tories are going to lose in a landslide Labour victory and as much as I want to see that, I can't help but feel Starmer is not going to change much. I'm not a fan of his. It's such a pity Labour aren't going in with a Corbyn-esque leader who I think would do some real good. I know he wasn't everyone's cup of tea, but I think he was honest and had the good of all people at heart.
Starmer is the continuity candidate.

Armagh18

Quote from: armaghniac on Today at 03:47:20 PMSF not standing in Belfast East, Belfast South and Mid Down, Lagan Valley and North Down.
Another few votes for Alliance to stop the DUP.
Will alliance do the same in fst?