8. N Murphy (Cork)
9. S Cavanagh (Tyrone)
10. Declan O Sullivan (Kerry)
11. A Moyles (Meath)
12. T. Freeman (Monaghan)
13. C.Cooper (Kerry)
14. P Bradley (Derry)
15.A. Brogan (Dublin)

Should get plenty of debate going? Although maybe I should of waited till Sept 17th. ::)
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

Captain Scarlet

Fay at full back?
Henry in the corner?

As for Brogan the amount of greed he showed at times this year was so frustrating.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

screenexile

Unless Canty has a MOTM performance in the final I have to say that Kevin McCloy should get the FB spot, Fay was massively overrated this year IMO!

Cavanagh is dubious and I think Whelan or O'Sé (Depending on AIF performance) will get the nod there.

Will Moyles get one?? Not sure about that. I think Stephen Bray had a better campaign than Moyles although I'm not doubting he's a talented footballer.

Wouldn't give one to Cahill, possibly Lynch from Cork or Damien Freeman he was immense for Monaghan all year as was McQuaid and I think Monaghan deserve 2 All Stars.

Sligo possibly deserve one... how is it picked? Is it the media or the players. If players then I would say there will be someone else who would get that CB spot other than Donovan, likely Henry.

Other than that I would agree with your selection for the rest.

SLIGONIAN

Brogan destroyed Higgins which is no mean feet. Also I think Dara o se has been ok this yr nothing more. Whelan fair point but cavanagh was brilliant against meath i thought, so fast.

I thought bray was poor against cork and it showed me how much meath relied on moyles, great vision and passer.

Any Sligofan would only have donovan as an allstar. No better corner back in the country. No other sligo player comes close except mcguire at fb or harrison but donovan was at a different level.

Captain Scarlet

Yea I know Brogan was on fire at timnes but at the same time he was awful greedy at times and went for ridiculous shots as the games wore on.

apart from that i cant disagree too much.
as for fay he was good this year as well as immense against tyrone.
although sentimentality is a curse!
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

orangeman

Sadly it will all depend on the AI final - players who currently are on the margins of the All star team can play themselves in with a big game in the final - also national league form will not be loked at -

Bray looked like a certainty all year and where is he now ? Nowhere !

SLIGONIAN

I agree on bray he was immense against galway and leinster but was so bad against cork.

I think more than any other there should be a good spread of counties with allstars..

I agree that brogan is greedy and doesnt chose his shots well at times.

And definitly o leary and lynch and sheehan could easily play themselves on to it come sept 16th.

I thought sheehans long range free from 55 yrds was the best I ever seen against dublin. Imagine standing there on a field and beliving it is possible to score from there..what a great thing to see. :o wow

screenexile

QuoteAny Sligofan would only have donovan as an allstar. No better corner back in the country.

Well we have 2 better in Derry but that's neither here nor there. I didn't se much of Sligo but I think you definitely deserve an Allstar for winning Connacht and if he's been your best player then he should get it. It depends a lot though on whether it's done as an anonymous poll from the players or a democratic process throughout managers, media and players.

screenexile

If Fay does get one I think it would be akin to the Allstar that Peter Canavan got in 2005... not deserved! He has played OK in some matches but he got cleaned out against Cork and he was just OK against Dublin. Kevin McCloy has been immense in every match he's played and hasn't put a foot wrong all year. He's far more deserving of an award that Paddy Bradley may well get for his performance against Dublin... McCloy was MOTM that day!

ONeill

I'd give Gormley a 70% chance of getting one.
Cavanagh 40%, Dooher 30%. That's about it for the Ulster Champions.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Just to throw it out there but who gets player of the championship so far??

Thinking about it I would have to say Nicholas Murphy at this point!

ONeill

Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2007, 04:06:00 PM
Just to throw it out there but who gets player of the championship so far??

Thinking about it I would have to say Nicholas Murphy at this point!

Declan O Sullivan
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: screenexile on August 31, 2007, 04:06:00 PMJust to throw it out there but who gets player of the championship so far??

Marc O'Se for me, unbelievable talent at both ends of the pitch...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Puckoon

Quote from: SLIGONIAN on August 31, 2007, 03:26:00 PM
1. B. Murphy (Meath)
2. R Donovan (Sligo)
3. G Canty (Cork)
4. M. O Sé (Kerry)
5. C Gormley (Tyrone)
6. T O Sé
7. B. Cahill (Dublin)
8. N Murphy (Cork)
9. S Cavanagh (Tyrone)
10. Declan O Sullivan (Kerry)
11. A Moyles (Meath)
12. T. Freeman (Monaghan)
13. C.Cooper (Kerry)
14. P Bradley (Derry)
15.A. Brogan (Dublin)

Should get plenty of debate going? Although maybe I should of waited till Sept 17th. ::)

If youa re going to have tomas o'se and conor gormley in there, why play them out of position?

paddypastit

OK - let's be realistic - there will be no Sligo All Star - yes we won Connaught but what followed buried any chances - maybe a few nominations but no ultimate prize. Same for Tyrone.

As it looks at the monent I'd say that the keeper's jersey will go to whichever of Quirke or Murphy  plays well in the AIF.  If neither do - it's Cluxton's

Marc O'Shea and David Henry will be the two CB's.  At FB if Canty eclipses Donaghy in the AIF it will be his.  If he's ordinary McCloy comes into play, possibly Fay but the Derry man was a greater influence across all of the championship.

T Se for RHB. CHB Moyles (that's where he started the games in which he played well) or McQuaid from Monaghan as a dark horse, LHB is between Lynch and Cahill.

MF - Nicholas Murphy is a cert.  If D Se plays and has a very good AIF, he'll get the nod.  If not Whelan.

Up front Declan O'Sullivan at 10, Gooch at 13 and Freeman at 15 are certs. Bradley has to be favourite at 14, unless either Donaghy or Cussen wins the All Ireland on his own - neither has been great so far this year. Can't work out 12 - it's there to be won.

So for me 2, 4, 5, 8, 10, 13 and 15 are a done deal.  After that there are about 15 in the frame and no doubt sioeone unforeseen will energe
come disagree with me on http://gushtystuppencehapenny.wordpress.com/ and spread the word