Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 11:39:56 AM
Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 11:27:30 AM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 11:23:23 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2019, 11:19:11 AM
Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2019, 10:32:31 AM
Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2019, 10:23:10 AM
Did she? I mean legally, did she join a terrorist organisation? Can you prove it? Define "joined"?

If you can prove it, what are the consequences? Strip her of her passport and citizenship? Is that legal? Don't let her back in? Where does she go when the Syrians don't want her?

So many questions and nuances that people conveniently ignore.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/london-schoolgirl-who-fled-to-join-isis-wants-to-return-to-uk

Direct Quote -

"Mostly it was a normal life in Raqqa, every now and then bombing and stuff," she said. "But when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam."

Indefensible.

What crime do you want to prosecute her for here? Being a horrible ****?

A chap in Dublin recently filmed a severed head after a car crash and shared it around the internet for kicks.

That wasn't a very nice thing to do but hardly deserving of stripping somebody of their citizenship or throwing them out of the country.

I don't want her stripped of a passport or citizenship. I just don't want her walking the streets of Britain or Europe for that matter.
You're either for due process or you aren't.

If you're against due process, that opens up, to quote somebody somewhere, "an appalling vista".

I am not. If she makes her way home. I'd expect her to be arrested, questioned and only released if she was willing to reject ISIS and it terrorism. Which she shows no signs of.

I cannot and will not support terrorism. I find it shocking the amount on this board who do.

gallsman

Did she? I mean legally, did she join a terrorist organisation? Can you prove it? Define "joined"?

If you can prove it, what are the consequences? Strip her of her passport and citizenship? Is that legal? Don't let her back in? Where does she go when the Syrians don't want her?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/14/london-schoolgirl-who-fled-to-join-isis-wants-to-return-to-uk

Direct Quote -

"Mostly it was a normal life in Raqqa, every now and then bombing and stuff," she said. "But when I saw my first severed head in a bin it didn't faze me at all. It was from a captured fighter seized on the battlefield, an enemy of Islam."

Indefensible.

A chap in Dublin recently filmed a severed head after a car crash and shared it around the internet for kicks.

That wasn't a very nice thing to do but hardly deserving of stripping somebody of their citizenship or throwing them out of the country.

I don't want her stripped of a passport or citizenship. I just don't want her walking the streets of Britain or Europe for that matter.

What streets should she walk then?

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 12:10:55 PM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

If you're against due process, that opens up, to quote somebody somewhere, "an appalling vista".

I am not. If she makes her way home. I'd expect her to be arrested, questioned and only released if she was willing to reject ISIS and it terrorism. Which she shows no signs of.

I cannot and will not support terrorism. I find it shocking the amount on this board who do.
Who on this board supports terrorism?

You've just made clear you support making up your own arbitrary laws and the operation of a literal thought police.

That's actual fascism.

Dolph1

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 12:28:56 PM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

You've just made clear you support making up your own arbitrary laws and the operation of a literal thought police.

That's actual fascism.

Eamonnca1 / Sid
Are you at this fascist/racist/islamaphobic craic on this thread too?

Thought police!!! - I thought you were a huge fan (maybe only when you control the police).

Making up laws??? You mean like not arresting illegal aliens in the USA for crimes? Or arresting people entering your country illegally? Or creating fake sanctuary cities? Or allowing illegals to vote with fake IDs. Theres a massive list of laws you ignore when it suits you.

Hypocrite!
Trump 2020. Making America Greater Again

trailer

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

That's actual fascism.

Lol - thought police, fascism.
She's a Jihadi bride. She's openly admitted this.

Taylor

Question - for anyone wanting to take her back.

Would you be happy if she moved into your street for your child to grow up playing/hanging out etc with your child or indeed for her to start hanging out with your children?

gallsman

Quote from: Taylor on February 15, 2019, 12:59:14 PM

Would you be happy if she moved into your street for your child to grow up playing/hanging out etc with your child or indeed for her to start hanging out with your children?

No, but that's not the point, is it?

The problem here is that everything is slightly complicated by teeny weeny things like laws and rights.

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 12:40:54 PM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

That's actual fascism.

As far as I'm aware the term "Jihadi bride" doesn't carry any legal weight.

Perhaps you thought Bobby Sands' wife should have been locked up without trial too?

Having thought police is the very definition of fascism. The right to privately hold any sort of crazy opinion is the mark of a free society.

It's not illegal to think anything.

One can think that all Unionists should be exterminated so as to force a united Ireland. That's not illegal.

One can think that all Catholics should be exterminated so as that there is no prospect of a united Ireland ever happening. That's not illegal.

One could think that Donald Trump should obliterate Mexico with nuclear weapons. It still wouldn't be illegal.

Wouldn't you agree?

Now, if a person goes around publicly broadcasting these opinions, then it becomes a different matter because there is such a thing as hate speech laws, and rightly so.

But it's not a crime to think anything.

Publicly broadcasting that you think it should be, as you are doing, amounts to actual fascist extremism - you'd have loved the Gestapo and Stalin's secret police.

Keyser soze

There are teenagers sitting in nice revolving chairs in a base in Chester, and other places across the UK, who have killed immeasurably more people than this deluded young lady.

But sure they only pushing a wee button on a joystick when the crosshairs zoom in.

Its not like they are out planting bombs that might kill somebody [thats invaded THEIR country], and it's only ragheads that they are killing and civilians shouldn't have been there anyway. So no big deal.

Taylor

Quote from: gallsman on February 15, 2019, 01:02:03 PM

No, but that's not the point, is it?

The problem here is that everything is slightly complicated by teeny weeny things like laws and rights.

Im not questioning the laws or rights - simply asking how people would feel about it and if you would be happy?

LeoMc

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on February 15, 2019, 11:18:38 AM
Quote from: LeoMc on February 15, 2019, 11:12:37 AM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 11:01:53 AM
Definition of "joined a terrorist organisation"
No I don't think she filled out a membership form and paid a subscription as some seem to think. But she travelled to Syria willingly to become a jihad bride. That's joining in my book.
She's a dangerous person who should be treated as such. People who follow ISIS are responsible for some of the worst terrorist acts the western world has seen since the IRA.

What would be suitable punishment for supporting the IRA and justifying civilian deaths in Ireland?

I get your point, but not relevant to this particular issue. This is an issue of citizenship and nationality for me after fleeing your country of birth to join Islamic State, for all intents and purposes an 'enemy nation'.

Now Islamic State (in it's current form) is defeated, she wants to come home. If those quotes are indeed accurate, doesn't regret a thing purely because she is 9 months pregnant for some good old fashioned free NHS/Social Welfare goodies presumably. I can't for one second think why the British Govt would extend themselves in any way to help this woman.

Should those who supported the IRA be denied the NHS and Welfare? 

If Britain was at war with ISIS then there are treason laws which may be applicable.
Even if not, ISIS is a proscribed organisation and there will be some catch-all aiding and abetting a terrorist organisation she could potentially be prosecuted under.

trailer

Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 01:04:33 PM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

That's actual fascism.

Perhaps you thought Bobby Sands' wife should have been locked up without trial too?

Having thought police is the very definition of fascism. The right to privately hold any sort of crazy opinion is the mark of a free society.

One can think that all Unionists should be exterminated so as to force a united Ireland. That's not illegal.

One can think that all Catholics should be exterminated so as that there is no prospect of a united Ireland ever happening. That's not illegal.

One could think that Donald Trump should obliterate Mexico with nuclear weapons. It still wouldn't be illegal.

Wouldn't you agree?

Now, if a person goes around publicly broadcasting these opinions, then it becomes a different matter because there is such a thing as hate speech laws, and rightly so.

Publicly broadcasting that you think it should be, as you are doing, amounts to actual fascist extremism - you'd have loved the Gestapo and Stalin's secret police.

What are you on about?

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 01:09:26 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on February 15, 2019, 01:04:33 PM

Direct Quote -

Indefensible.

That's actual fascism.

Wouldn't you agree?

What are you on about?
If you're having to ask that question, you'd probably be best off not posting on the thread anymore.

trailer

Of course they would. This is an internet forum where you can claim to support a whole world of different views and opinions without actually having to carry out any significant action in the real world.

sid waddell

Quote from: trailer on February 15, 2019, 01:15:00 PM

Of course they would. This is an internet forum where you can claim to support a whole world of different views and opinions without actually having to carry out any significant action in the real world.
We're obviously dealing with an intellectual powerhouse here, folks.