Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Esmarelda

Quote from: OakleafCounty on July 15, 2016, 09:50:06 AM
Quote from: Esmarelda on July 15, 2016, 09:32:43 AM
Any actual evidence it was Islamist extremists?

What else could it have been?
An unstable individual with an axe to grind.

There have been many mass-killings around the world not related to Islamic terrorists. I'm not suggesting it isn't an Islamic attack. I was just asking if there was any official statement on it.

screenexile

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 15, 2016, 10:14:36 AM

There have been many mass-killings around the world not related to Islamic terrorists. I'm not suggesting it isn't an Islamic attack. I was just asking if there was any official statement on it.

Hollande's statement said that "All of France is under an Islamist terrorist threat"

armaghniac

Quote from: Esmarelda on July 15, 2016, 10:14:36 AM

This guy could do this without any connection to anyone, just go and a  rent a truck. Legitimised by Islamic violence, but doing so independently.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Declan

ISIS's goal from their own publication. A black & white world. What they call "grayzone" is our coexistence zone.

Jeepers Creepers

Cant even say 'unbelievable' anymore to describe these events, a sign of the world we live in. My heart goes out to all affected by these atrocities which occur all around the world. Always the innocent who pay with their lives.

Boycey

Quote from: Farrandeelin on July 15, 2016, 10:09:16 AM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 15, 2016, 10:00:42 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on July 15, 2016, 09:48:50 AM
I think an easy jet flight from NI was cancelled to there yesterday. I saw someone on Facebook saying they were planning to be there but for the flight cancellation. Scary stuff.
No mistake about it, World War III is in right now.  Even though there aren't conventional armies in the field, the danger is no less deadly. There can be no compromise with the Jihadists- it's them or the rest of humanity.

Would agree with this, unfortunately this war can't be won. Especially if any body's neighbours can go and join them.

You can't defeat an army who are not bothered about being killed in the fighting.  Unless there is a change in their beliefs or how they want to 'promote' their ideology then terrorist attacks like these will never end.

seafoid

Quote from: Boycey on July 15, 2016, 10:50:31 AM
I think an easy jet flight from NI was cancelled to there yesterday. I saw someone on Facebook saying they were planning to be there but for the flight cancellation. Scary stuff.
No mistake about it, World War III is in right now.  Even though there aren't conventional armies in the field, the danger is no less deadly. There can be no compromise with the Jihadists- it's them or the rest of humanity.

Would agree with this, unfortunately this war can't be won. Especially if any body's neighbours can go and join them.

You can't defeat an army who are not bothered about being killed in the fighting.  Unless there is a change in their beliefs or how they want to 'promote' their ideology then terrorist attacks like these will never end.

There is a lot of work that can be done to cut off recruitment. The jihadis target weak and lost people who don't identify with the system and then indoctrinate them to kill. 

It was possible to turn poor nordies away from paramilitary gangs so it is not rocket science. The thing is it costs serious money.  The Brits understood that eventually. 
the understanding of the culture of the target market is very poor. Money is spent instead on missiles.

Rossfan

The price of one of those missiles would provide how many public jobs or training courses for a year??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

screenexile

Jesus reading that wench Hopkins on twitter would fairly make the blood boil!!! A horrible human being is all she is!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: seafoid on July 15, 2016, 11:21:13 AM

There is a lot of work that can be done to cut off recruitment. The jihadis target weak and lost people who don't identify with the system and then indoctrinate them to kill. 

It was possible to turn poor nordies away from paramilitary gangs so it is not rocket science. The thing is it costs serious money.  The Brits understood that eventually. 
the understanding of the culture of the target market is very poor. Money is spent instead on missiles.

Would that work for the Dublin based gangs also?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ballinaman

Just saw the video that's circulating of the aftermath, horrendous.

easytiger95

Equally Boycey, nor can Western democracies be militarily defeated by groups that usually sustain 100% casualties on each operation.

These attacks are disgusting and increasingly more common place  but we need to realise that it is as easy for any deranged individual to claim affiliation with ISIS as it is for me to stick on my Dubs jersey and tell people that I play intercounty. The difference being that I can't get anywhere near a pitch, whilst all it takes is for the deranged individual to get some boxcutters or a truck to be acclaimed as  terrorist/freedom fighter.

macdanger2

Quote from: easytiger95 on July 15, 2016, 12:09:57 PM

These attacks are disgusting and increasingly more common place  but we need to realise that it is as easy for any deranged individual to claim affiliation with ISIS as it is for me to stick on my Dubs jersey and tell people that I play intercounty. The difference being that I can't get anywhere near a pitch, whilst all it takes is for the deranged individual to get some boxcutters or a truck to be acclaimed as  terrorist/freedom fighter.

It works for Indiana

Walter Cronc

There's no point sitting back and saying 'ah sure what can ye do'.....the international world has to start somewhere.

How about the west getting their filthy paws out of the middle east for a start, bring parties together and try to get a resolution. If they spent half the money that has been invested in lethal weapons on fuelling peace then we wouldn't have this mess.

easytiger95

Quote from: macdanger2 on July 15, 2016, 01:55:35 PM
Quote from: easytiger95 on July 15, 2016, 12:09:57 PM

It works for Indiana

;D