Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

I suppose what "theskull1" needs to learn is that you need to grow a
pair of balls before you can grow an opinion.

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on October 13, 2014, 12:15:41 PM
You have to change the conditions that lead to the rise of ISIS and drugs gangs. Stop the recruitment of kids into the system. By the time they are beheading or setting cars with kids in them alight it is very late.
Bringing everything back to personal responsibility does not work when things have deteriorated that much.The targets do not buy into the logic that the system does anything for them.  Stop the cash flows from middle class drug use and oil use and start fixing and don't expect it to be ready by christmas.

30 years of brutality can't be fixed overnight. And people need hope.

Personal responsibility is the only measurable quantity in this equation. 30 years of looking the other way to radicalism can't be fixed overnight. People need to cop the f**k on and stop supporting a nihilistic creed.

theskull1

It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 14, 2014, 01:19:18 AM
Listen to the man lads  ;D

like I said, you need to resort to memes, vines  ;)

Cowards like you never step up.

theskull1

And you throw out the jibes.......You want a fight not a discussion, so piss away off. I could not be arsed, although I'd love to know where your rage came from on the back of my initial post...is your personal life going OK?
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 14, 2014, 01:19:18 AM
Listen to the man lads  ;D

"Hi my name is skull1.......I finally grew a set of balls !!"

lol

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 14, 2014, 01:48:04 AM
And you throw out the jibes.......You want a fight not a discussion, so piss away off. I could not be arsed, although I'd love to know where your rage came from on the back of my initial post...is your personal life going OK?

my personal life is fine. Your initial statement was bullshit. That is what started this all off i.e your refusal to explain yourself.

Now, in your own words, what is so good about a "benevolent dictatorship" ?

seafoid

Quote from: AZOffaly on October 13, 2014, 12:22:39 PM
Absolutely agree with you that the system has to be corrected, however every individual is responsible for his/her actions. And they have to be held accountable. And if they are terrorising an entire region, and killing people with impunity, then that has to be stopped, regardless of any systemic issues or failures.  You might have a pile of rubbish outside your house, but the minute you see a rat, you're going to kill the f**ker. You can move the pile as well, but the rat has to be removed.

The sad thing is that in most wars there is zero accountability. The neighbours start killing people and when the war is over in the name of moving on there's an amnesty. Bosnia, Norn Irn etc.  I agree about moving the rat. ISIS will have to be destroyed but in addition to that there will have to be something to replace them. Nihilism is very alluring to thugs. 

haranguerer

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 08:25:00 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 13, 2014, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on October 13, 2014, 07:46:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 03:00:47 PM
Coming to the conclusion that democracy is a flawed system. The corporate power brokers get to steer the population with scare tactics using the media and 'win' the hearts and minds of the political elite to do their bidding. If only benevolent dictatorship was more than just a theoretical political system.

A good example of this is the marginal income tax rate here is now 52% while the Corporate Rate for trading income is 12.5% and in reality they pay nowhere near that.

Yet we have most political parties and media, up in arms at the very mention of changing the latter. The taxpayer bailed out the economy, but business will benefit from it. But say that out loud in Ireland and you'll incur the Wrath of Khan.

So you're advocating rising the CT rate?

Yes. Time to stop being the world's tax prostitute.
I'm not really good at international economics, but surely even to me, that's not a good thing to do for 'being the best small country in the world to do business' etc.

The tax isn't the only reason businesses come here. If it is, then we are screwed when someone goes lower.

English speaking, well educated workforce. Similar to the UK, but with worse infrastructure and geographically more remote. It's one of the main reasons, raising it to a comparable level to the UKs at this point in time would be a disaster

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on October 14, 2014, 01:13:56 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 08:25:00 PM
Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 13, 2014, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 08:08:49 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on October 13, 2014, 07:46:09 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 03:00:47 PM
Coming to the conclusion that democracy is a flawed system. The corporate power brokers get to steer the population with scare tactics using the media and 'win' the hearts and minds of the political elite to do their bidding. If only benevolent dictatorship was more than just a theoretical political system.

A good example of this is the marginal income tax rate here is now 52% while the Corporate Rate for trading income is 12.5% and in reality they pay nowhere near that.

Yet we have most political parties and media, up in arms at the very mention of changing the latter. The taxpayer bailed out the economy, but business will benefit from it. But say that out loud in Ireland and you'll incur the Wrath of Khan.

So you're advocating rising the CT rate?

Yes. Time to stop being the world's tax prostitute.
I'm not really good at international economics, but surely even to me, that's not a good thing to do for 'being the best small country in the world to do business' etc.

The tax isn't the only reason businesses come here. If it is, then we are screwed when someone goes lower.

English speaking, well educated workforce. Similar to the UK, but with worse infrastructure and geographically more remote. It's one of the main reasons, raising it to a comparable level to the UKs at this point in time would be a disaster

We are also in the Eurozone and are the only english speakers in the Euro Zone.

People forget where the low corporate tax rate came from. It was a whim of Charlie McCreevy (fiercely opposed by Dept. officials) along with the reduction in CGT, the introduction of SSIAs and tax reliefs on property (all since reversed). The resulting property boom offset the loss of tax revenue and as long as property prices kept rising, the stamp duty paid for the public service and everything was grand.

But that is all gone. Now income tax payers pay for everything. We have bailed out the banks and the economy. But any mention these days of raising the Corporate Tax rate is treated as treasonous and idiotic. I would have been singing from the same hymn sheet a few years ago, but I no longer buy the easy spin.

Ireland is now about the only EU country experiencing growth, mainly because we had proper austerity from the word go, and the others hadn't. But as we grow and they stall we should be slowly raising the Corporate Rate to be in line with the others. We still have other advantages.

MWWSI 2017

armaghniac

Kurds progressing, great for the poor craturs on the mountain. 

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-30548304

Kurdish fighters say they have broken the Islamic State siege around Mount Sinjar in northern Iraq.
It is their biggest and most successful offensive against the Islamic militants, involving 80,000 Kurdish fighters.
With the help of US-led airstrikes they liberated thousands of people who were stuck up the mountain with limited food and water.
Jiyar Gol in Irbil says the mission has brought hope and optimism to Yazidis but that the Kurds are "a long way" from a complete victory.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

orangeman

ISIS on the March again. Ramadi taken over at the weekend.

The other side going for a row this weekend with them to try and take back Ramadi. It will make Waco look like a pillow fight.

Milltown Row2

The Jihadis next door.... Was on four tonight.... Grim
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Declan

QuoteThe Jihadis next door.... Was on four tonight.... Grim

Yep - hard viewing as was the one on RTE 2 re the jihadi brides

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Declan on January 20, 2016, 08:46:38 AM
QuoteThe Jihadis next door.... Was on four tonight.... Grim

Yep - hard viewing as was the one on RTE 2 re the jihadi brides

So they want to go to Islamic states, the British government wont give them their passports, they want to keep them in Britain....Confused

If they go to Islamic states and fight the fight there? why not just give them their passports and not let them back in?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea