Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 06:25:40 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 03:00:47 PM
Coming to the conclusion that democracy is a flawed system. The corporate power brokers get to steer the population with scare tactics using the media and 'win' the hearts and minds of the political elite to do their bidding. If only benevolent dictatorship was more than just a theoretical political system.

A good example of this is the marginal income tax rate here is now 52% while the Corporate Rate for trading income is 12.5% and in reality they pay nowhere near that.

Yet we have most political parties and media, up in arms at the very mention of changing the latter. The taxpayer bailed out the economy, but business will benefit from it. But say that out loud in Ireland and you'll incur the Wrath of Khan.

So you're advocating rising the CT rate?

theskull1

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2014, 06:36:34 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 03:43:06 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2014, 03:27:37 PM
tell us more about this "benevolent dictatorship"

No

Why not ? Don't you believe in what you wrote ?

I couldn't be ar$ed jumping to your tune that's why. Its fairly obvious you had a point to make prior to getting any response from me so just make it why don't you.
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

muppet

Quote from: haranguerer on October 13, 2014, 07:46:09 PM
Coming to the conclusion that democracy is a flawed system. The corporate power brokers get to steer the population with scare tactics using the media and 'win' the hearts and minds of the political elite to do their bidding. If only benevolent dictatorship was more than just a theoretical political system.

A good example of this is the marginal income tax rate here is now 52% while the Corporate Rate for trading income is 12.5% and in reality they pay nowhere near that.

Yet we have most political parties and media, up in arms at the very mention of changing the latter. The taxpayer bailed out the economy, but business will benefit from it. But say that out loud in Ireland and you'll incur the Wrath of Khan.

Yes. Time to stop being the world's tax prostitute.
MWWSI 2017

Farrandeelin

Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

I'm not really good at international economics, but surely even to me, that's not a good thing to do for 'being the best small country in the world to do business' etc.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

muppet

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 13, 2014, 08:16:46 PM
Quote from: muppet on October 13, 2014, 08:08:49 PM

I'm not really good at international economics, but surely even to me, that's not a good thing to do for 'being the best small country in the world to do business' etc.

The tax isn't the only reason businesses come here. If it is, then we are screwed when someone goes lower.
MWWSI 2017

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 07:57:24 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2014, 06:36:34 PM
Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 03:43:06 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2014, 03:27:37 PM
tell us more about this "benevolent dictatorship"

No

Why not ? Don't you believe in what you wrote ?

I couldn't be ar$ed jumping to your tune that's why. Its fairly obvious you had a point to make prior to getting any response from me so just make it why don't you.

Don't you think it is quite extraordinary that someone can constantly criticize the flawed but ultimately superior system of government that is democracy, yet the same person gets evasive and defensive when challenged for espousing dictatorship ? This is the kind of "Alice through the looking glass" thinking that has enveloped gaaboard over the last number of years.

It is truly mind boggling. ::)

That's the problem with lads like you. It is so easy to just criticize and talk about "corporate interests" blah, blah. These things are never black and white. Corporate interests meld with political interests which meld with local/national interests which meld with individual interests which , in turn , meld back with communal interests and so on and so forth back up and down the food chain of "interests" .

theskull1

Is that lost on you ya fool?

....Individual interests/dependancies have been set by the banks and the resource rich nations. People have become more and more enslaved by the global financial system whilst the top 1% accrue obscene amounts of wealth especially since we went into recession.

Up here the privatize profit making state owned enterprise like eurostar and the NHS is in their sights. We are nothing more than commodities to the corporate elite who only want ordinary people to live so the can make money from them

Tony Baloney

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 10:21:47 PM

....Individual interests/dependancies have been set by the banks and the resource rich nations. People have become more and more enslaved by the global financial system whilst the top 1% accrue obscene amounts of wealth especially since we went into recession.

Up here the privatize profit making state owned enterprise like eurostar and the NHS is in their sights. We are nothing more than commodities to the corporate elite who only want ordinary people to live so the can make money from them
Rowing with yourself?!

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 10:21:47 PM

So, are you saying that you support the concept of a benevolent dictatorship or not ?

and what is a "benevolent dictatorship" ?

theskull1

Google it MS...I couldn't be ar$ed humoring you

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 10:58:01 PM

So you support the government model of Singapore and Yugoslavia ?  ::)

I worked in Singapore in the 90's. It beats ISIS, for sure, but I would never call it benevolent.

theskull1

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2014, 11:18:37 PM

I worked in Singapore in the 90's. It beats ISIS, for sure, but I would never call it benevolent.

You read what I've written ..... the answer's there if you look for it

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 11:24:51 PM

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on October 13, 2014, 11:18:37 PM

You read what I've written ..... the answer's there if you look for it

Your problem is that you don't have any courage in your convictions.

It is a character flaw with you and with so many like you. Maybe it is a generational thing.

You have lost the ability, or the will, to defend your position. There is always some link or some meme or some vine that can serve as a get out clause or a substitute for an opinion.

It is quite tragic really.

theskull1

Scratch that itch ya fool and learn to read

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: theskull1 on October 13, 2014, 11:49:12 PM
Scratch that itch ya fool and learn to read

Why are lads like you such cowards with your opinions ?

... you are always on the attack..... always rubbishing everything yet when you are challenged you run away.