Islamic Jihadists ISIS

Started by rossiewanderer, August 13, 2014, 07:55:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 05, 2014, 10:42:59 AM
Now they want to make Spain an Islamic state like it was before.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/07/01/ISIS-Releases-Map-of-5-Year-Plan-to-Spread-from-Spain-to-China
One of the things the Spanish kings did after the Reconquista from the Arabs was to emphasise the Spanish love for Pork to distinguish the people from the Moors.

ISIS have no chance of putting the Spaniards off their chorizo.
Spanish supermarkets have at least a quarter of their shop space devoted to the stuff. 

Aaron Boone

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2014, 10:48:56 AM
Quote from: Denn Forever on September 05, 2014, 10:42:59 AM
Now they want to make Spain an Islamic state like it was before.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2014/07/01/ISIS-Releases-Map-of-5-Year-Plan-to-Spread-from-Spain-to-China
One of the things the Spanish kings did after the Reconquista from the Arabs was to emphasise the Spanish love for Pork to distinguish the people from the Moors.

ISIS have no chance of putting the Spaniards off their chorizo.
Spanish supermarkets have at least a quarter of their shop space devoted to the stuff.

Would La Liga coverage on Sky Sports 5 be at risk? That is the big question.

Hardy

Roast suckling pig - mmmmm. Highlight of any visit to Spain.

Why didn't we think of the Spanish kings' idea? The jihadists aren't afraid of death - they seek it. So don't target them with rockets; bomb them with pig carcasses, sausages, black pudding, crubeens and watch them run like the tans like hell away from Killeshandra.

AZOffaly

Ah yeah. The Offal of the IRA.

Hardy

AZOffaly

Myles Na G.

Not to mention an insult to Islamb.

seafoid

One thing I don't get about ISIS is why the Iraqi army ran away from Mosul.
I wonder what the bigger story is

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/fcc3f3f8-f315-11e3-91d8-00144feabdc0.html
Last updated: June 13, 2014 8:23 pm
Residents tell of army's betrayal in face of Isis advance in Iraq

The Islamist militants' capture of Mosul, which began Iraq's slide into a new war, may have been sudden, locals say, but it should not have been a surprise.
On a dusty stretch of highway just outside the city, an army truck emblazoned with the phrase "loyalty to the state" has been abandoned. It is a fitting symbol, one Mosul official says, for the betrayal he and many residents believe was behind the stunning collapse of the army as thousands of soldiers fled without a fight.
•"We had known for over a month that militants were massing outside Mosul and so did the army," said a tired-looking man at a roadside café, who asked not to be named. "A week before the attack began, we told them there were some strange movements outside the city. The army gave no reply."

At the last military point between Erbil, part of Iraq's semi-autonomous Kurdistan Regional Government, and Mosul, Kurdish peshmerga forces point to a blue 'Gazprom' billboard 500 metres away, where they say the control of the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (known as Isis) now begins.
Fighters posted at anti-aircraft guns point to trenches they began building well before the attack, which they too said they had warned Iraqi officials was coming.
"The only shocking part is how quickly their army collapsed," said Haydar Sadiq, a peshmerga lieutenant. "I stopped one officer who drove through our checkpoint on a flatbed truck with 15 men. I asked him why he left, why he and his men didn't have their weapons."
"He told me: 'This is all the army I have left. The head of military missions in Mosul has told the army to flee. Mosul has been sold to Isis.'"
The sudden fall of Mosul this week and the continued push by Sunni militants towards Baghdad have shocked Iraq and the world and sparked fears that the country could fragment along ethnic and religious lines.

Initial explanations of Mosul's fall focused not just on Isis's surprisingly sophisticated attack – which has continued with its forces marching on toward Baghdad – but sectarian fears. The army's mostly Shia soldiers fled, unwilling to fight for a city of resentful Sunni residents.
Since the US occupation of Iraq in 2003 that toppled Saddam Hussein, the country has been mired in a sectarian power struggle between the disempowered Sunni Muslim minority and the Shia-dominated government of Nouri al-Maliki, the prime minister.
The officer told me: 'This is all the army I have left. The head of military missions in Mosul has told the army to flee. Mosul has been sold to Isis
- Peshmerga lieutenant

But most locals and peshmerga forces say the real reason for the militants' success was a combination of resentful Sunnis joining the Isis fighters, and the inexplicable withdrawal of military leaders.Many people, including Kurdish fighters and the Mosul official, cited the head of military operations, Fareeq Aboud Bandar, a former Ba'athist, Mahdi al-Gharawi, the head of Nineveh's armed forces, and Ali Ghaydar, the head of Iraq's ground forces.
No one is sure whether the men were bought off or had other motives, and Kurdish forces say the men fled toward Erbil and disappeared.
The rest of the Isis takeover remains a point of debate and conflicting interpretations.
At a crowded peshmerga checkpoint on the hot, dry plains headed toward Erbil, signs of the chaos from the first few days of Isis's takeover remain. Trampled high heels and children's shoes litter the ground – remnants of people who scrambled on to trucks to escape a catastrophe locals believe was long in the making and signals a messy future that could lead to the unravelling of their state.
After years of oppression by Maliki's Shia government, of being forced to make it work, I just want to live in peace. The Isis militants are working to get us regular electricity and water, which the government never did
- Layla Daloul, local resident
"The number of Isis fighters that came in were in the hundreds, but they were joined by many more people in black masks," said Mohammed, a sweet vendor. "Many people were just happy to take up arms with them. This was the beginning of a Sunni revolution."
The Mosul official says he was with the local governor on Monday when the militants' sporadic clashes with police forces devolved into a swift, full-scale takeover.
"Isis drove a rigged oil tanker in front of the Mosul hotel and blew it up. Police and army morale crumbled and Isis started to advance. An hour later, the army started to withdraw," he said.
"At 5pm I called Gharawi and told him Isis was 500 metres from the governor's office. He said: 'no problem, it's easy'. We called again after an hour and said now they're 200 metres away. Same reply."
About 30 minutes later, he said, the top three military officials had fled the city. Soldiers started dropping their weapons and looking for civilian clothes in which to flee.
Residents believe many men in the city, long an insurgent stronghold, joined Isis. Some say they were Ba'athist sleeper cells. Others insist they were Sunni civilians happy to help "liberate us from the army jailkeepers".
Isis has appointed a new governor for Mosul: Hashem al-Jamani, a former Ba'athist officer, according to residents and the peshmerga. Kurdish fighters say their intelligence suggests that Isis has been recruiting to form a military force for the city.

"It's obvious that the top officers in the army made a deal with the terrorists. Whether it was out of money or conviction, I don't know. But they're working to divide this territory," said Ayyad al-Ghareeb, another young man waiting at the peshmerga checkpoint. He pulled up a bandage wrapped around his arm, covering a tattoo of a two-pronged sword of the prophet's cousin Ali, a common Shia symbol.
"I had to find a way to hide it so we could get out," he said. "Mosul is the beginning of the sectarian division of Iraq."
Residents gathered around him agree – but unlike him, most of them seem relieved.
"After years of oppression by Maliki's Shia government, of being forced to make it work, I just want to live in peace," said Layla Daloul, wearing a long black cloak and veil. "The Isis militants are working to get us regular electricity and water, which the government never did. They've taken down all the army checkpoints."
I had to find a way to hide it [tattoo of the Sword of Ali] so we could get out. Mosul is the beginning of the sectarian division of Iraq
- Ayyad al-Ghareeb
On Thursday night, the militants running Mosul marched through the streets of Mosul and residents say they went out to greet them in celebration.
"People threw them chocolates," said one woman in a white veil, heading into the Kurdistan region. Like many fleeing on Friday, she said she was not fleeing because of the militants, but because she feared that Mr Maliki would launch air strikes.
But even as hundreds poured out of the area, dozens were driving in, most of them young men saying they were checking on their homes.
Among those heading back was a scrawny young man in a long white robe, Khalil al-Tai, who said he was a Sunni soldier based in Tikrit, Hussein's home town. He fled when Isis militants approached and is now heading to Mosul, his home city.
"I left my weapons and my gun [at the base in Tikrit]. The revolutionaries liberating the Sunnis can have it if they want to use it," he said.
Asked what he did with his identification card, which could betray he was a deserting soldier, he smiled.
"I ripped up my identification card. It means nothing to me now. My people don't support this state."

NAG1

I know there has been a bit of light hearted banter on here, but to ask a more pertinent question and one that I have thought about for a while.

In the future, do you/ we think that it is going to come down to an all out Islam (extremists) vs Christians et al (is the loosest terms) war?

AZOffaly

What about China, i.e. the Commies?

Zip Code

seafoid

Quote from: NAG1 on September 05, 2014, 03:14:49 PM
I know there has been a bit of light hearted banter on here, but to ask a more pertinent question and one that I have thought about for a while.

In the future, do you/ we think that it is going to come down to an all out Islam (extremists) vs Christians et al (is the loosest terms) war?
I don't think the Muslim people would be interested. The West wants war in the Middle East so the states stay weak
and the oil keeps flowing. Resource wars between China and its neighbours could happen.
China owns a lot of American bonds so is not going to risk that .

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2014, 03:49:09 PM

I don't think the Muslim people would be interested. The West wants war in the Middle East so the states stay weak
and the oil keeps flowing. Resource wars between China and its neighbours could happen.

We all know what Seafoid would take,  given that he is such a Hamas/Jihadi apologist.

seafoid

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 05, 2014, 04:04:48 PM

We all know what Seafoid would take,  given that he is such a Hamas/Jihadi apologist.

Hamas isn't Jihadi. Tsk . 

Mike Sheehy

Quote from: seafoid on September 05, 2014, 04:07:07 PM
Quote from: Mike Sheehy on September 05, 2014, 04:04:48 PM

Hamas isn't Jihadi. Tsk .

Yeah they are.

Apologists like you are a big part of the reason that these scumbags have free rein to do as they like , murdering, beheading etc.
You spend your time criticizing the west and following your own twisted anti-Semitic creed. You said a few months back that you support the  "creation of a sunni state in Iraq" but you have never clarified what you mean....I think it is clear to all now what you mean.

Its time people got real as to what you are really about.