United or City - Premiership Champions 2011/12

Started by BennyCake, March 04, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who will win this years Premiership title?

United
26 (60.5%)
City
17 (39.5%)

Total Members Voted: 43

Voting closed: March 10, 2012, 11:38:41 PM

EC Unique

Valencia would make any team in the world at present.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

rossie mad

Quote from: EC Unique on March 05, 2012, 12:50:34 PM
Valencia would make any team in the world at present.

Barcelona,real madrid,man city, erm negative

ross4life

Quote from: Tony Baloney on March 05, 2012, 09:00:43 AM
Quote from: ross4life on March 05, 2012, 01:18:41 AM
Quote from: BennyCake on March 04, 2012, 11:38:41 PM
Who do you fancy to win it?

This bit needs to be highlighted as United haters will vote City while the United fans will vote without thinking. As for me i haven't changed my pre-season predictions & i'm quietly confident of getting at least 2 out of 3 right.
I voted for United in the post immediately prior to yours. Very few people will vote City I reckon.
I only got the chance to vote myself today & i see since we have the usual suspects voting.
------------------------------

Some may have noticed it's no longer the 80s where the best 11 with one sub in a tracksuit wins the league. It's a squad game now & United have showed with all the injuries how good the current squad is, if roles was reserved i have my doubts City would be on 60 plus points.

For me the game that has City top is United 2-3 Blackburn nine times of out ten United would win that fixture (won it 7-1 last season) that day United had a patched up team DeGea at his worst & Blackburn scored 3 goals from 3 shots.

Screen United lucky v Spurs did you see the City v Spurs game? My fellow rossie is correct games that appear easy on paper won't be especially during the squeaky-bum time.

Anyways should be exciting run-in credit to both teams Sky will loving it & as ever the best team will win the league.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

nrico2006

But freak results like that have happened before (United v Newcastle, Southampton, Chelsea, Liverpool etc) - they do not really define a team.  Even Arsenal getting tanked this year by United is not really reflective on the ability of the Arsenal team.  United have alot of better options on the wing than City, you rightfully mentioned Nani buy Young and Valencia are also better than anything City have, and Hernandez can poach goals better than anyone City have.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

GalwayBayBoy

City have a more talented squad of players but would you trust Mancini during a run-in not to do something daft? I'd say it's almost a certainty. He will either produce a crazy team selection that will cost them or he will tighten up and go negative under pressure. Ferguson has been down this road before.

johnneycool

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 05, 2012, 12:53:47 PM
Head and Hate says Utd
Heart says City

If YaYa hadn't of been away on the african cup of nations, it would have been city's title already.

He and Kompany drive that team on.

Valencia has been the most consistent performer at Utd this year.

rossie mad

There is one thing utd have in abundance in their squad and alot more of than most squads and thats bottle especially among their big name players.
Their attitude is we are the best and show us we are not.
Bar barca there isnt a more confident squad over a season.
Thats why most teams soil themselves in OT.
How many times have you seen teams go toe to toe with utd in terms of agression and in your face tactics and get a result?
Most of the credit for this attitude has to go to the manager.

Doogie Browser

Valencia is the best player in World football currently bar none, he was amazing yesterday.

We all know it lads, Utd will win the league, Whiskey nose relishes this time of the year.  Utd by 5 points for me.

They were some price yesterday 6/4 too, need more balls when gambling.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 05, 2012, 01:53:12 PM
Valencia is the best player in World football currently bar none, he was amazing yesterday.

Yeah probably his best game in a United shirt yesterday unreal performance.

GalwayBayBoy

Jaysus steady on.

There are two lads in Spain that are scoring goals for fun at the moment. They might argue otherwise. Not to mention one or two in England.

screenexile

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on March 05, 2012, 03:47:08 PM

Jaysus steady on.

There are two lads in Spain that are scoring goals for fun at the moment. They might argue otherwise. Not to mention one or two in England.

I wouldn't worry too much . . . He wasn't even playing yesterday!!

Clown

Johnson doesn't get near Citys first choice XI when its a big match

comparing players 1-11 doesnt decide who wins the title, its who is the better team, sum of the parts!
Ferguson is the difference though, any other manager would have this United team around 3rd or 4th in my opinion

Doogie Browser

Where is the irony thread when you fcking need it??

deiseach

Quote from: Clown on March 05, 2012, 04:05:21 PM
Ferguson is the difference though, any other manager would have this United team around 3rd or 4th in my opinion

At best. The man is a force of nature.