The Official Thread of Chelsea FC

Started by Norf Tyrone, January 23, 2007, 11:16:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Doogie Browser

Got a text message there now 'this is the worst Chelsea team in their 8 year history' Sorry Norf!!

I said it at the start of the season, paying £12m for a manager was always going to heap un-necessary pressure on AVB.

Cole getting some stick for his enthusiasm on the sidelines last night!

ballinaman

Doogie Browser

Quote from: ballinaman on February 22, 2012, 11:20:20 AM
had 10 bob on Napoli 3-1 Chelsea last night....yup.
The Racing Post called Napoli 'the bet of the season' last night, backed them at 13/10 myself.  Saying that it was like a game of table football at times!

Norf Tyrone

AVB picked the wrong team last night. It was ripe for solidity in midfield with experienced players. The team that finished was the team that should've started. However give AVB credit, he wasn't afraid of making a difficult decision.

The thing is, Napoli weren't that great either, and a decent Chelsea side would've won 3 or 4!

Did no one else think the pitch was shockingly poor.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on February 22, 2012, 11:50:19 AM
However give AVB credit, he wasn't afraid of making a difficult decision.
poor.
Is he trying to weed out the Terry/Lampard/Drogba axis of power on and off the pitch? 

ballinaman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 22, 2012, 11:24:41 AM
Quote from: ballinaman on February 22, 2012, 11:20:20 AM
had 10 bob on Napoli 3-1 Chelsea last night....yup.
The Racing Post called Napoli 'the bet of the season' last night, backed them at 13/10 myself.  Saying that it was like a game of table football at times!
aye, heart was in my mouth when Cole cleared it off the line!!

Denn Forever

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 22, 2012, 11:52:55 AM
poor.
Is he trying to weed out the Terry/Lampard/Drogba axis of power on and off the pitch?

There doesn't seem to be anything there to replace it with though.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

Doogie Browser

Quote from: Denn Forever on February 22, 2012, 12:20:17 PM
Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 22, 2012, 11:52:55 AM
poor.

There doesn't seem to be anything there to replace it with though.
Which ultimately will be his downfall I think.

ballinaman

Do ye think Mata might be in with a shout for player of the year? Along with Silva and Demba Ba maybe?

the Deel Rover

Quote from: ballinaman on February 22, 2012, 01:45:24 PM
Do ye think Mata might be in with a shout for player of the year? Along with Silva and Demba Ba maybe?

Not for me anyway Ballinaman i'd have Modric before him anyway not to mention  Van Persie .
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ballinaman

Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 22, 2012, 01:48:26 PM

Not for me anyway Ballinaman i'd have Modric before him anyway not to mention  Van Persie .
Van Persie will be ahead of Ba anyways, you dead right, don't know how i forgot that. Maybe Norf will shed some more light on Mata, any bits of him i've seen this year I thought he was Chelsea's most dangerous player.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ballinaman on February 22, 2012, 02:11:42 PM
Quote from: the Deel Rover on February 22, 2012, 01:48:26 PM

Van Persie will be ahead of Ba anyways, you dead right, don't know how i forgot that. Maybe Norf will shed some more light on Mata, any bits of him i've seen this year I thought he was Chelsea's most dangerous player.

He's been very good, but not great. Good for a first season. For example I don't think he scored away from home in all games until last night.

POTY for me is between Ba, RVP, Toure and Kompany.

Anyhow, Chelsea's youth side were aiming to reach the last 4 of the FAYC for the 4th time in 5 years. Away to Forest and 3 down at HT, and ended up winning 4-3!!

It was just nice to see some exciting football and passion in a Blue jersey. It's been a while!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Main Street

AVB picked the wrong team last night. It was ripe for solidity in midfield with experienced players. The team that finished was the team that should've started. However give AVB credit, he wasn't afraid of making a difficult decision.

The thing is, Napoli weren't that great either, and a decent Chelsea side would've won 3 or 4!

Did no one else think the pitch was shockingly poor.

Napoli would have beaten any team put out by Chelsea and any EPL team for that matter.
Chelsea would have to spend another 200m+ to rebuild their team, a team that could beat Napoli in Italy.

QuoteDid no one else think the pitch was shockingly poor.

What else could explain the inexplicable, Cannavaro slicing a clearance over his own head.

AQMP

Chelsea win 3-0 and play well :o  That's worth a post!  And the Saffs beat Wexford in the hurling!