Slane 2015 - Foo Fighters, Kaizer Chiefs, Hozier, Ash, The Strypes

Started by oakleaflad, May 28, 2015, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

oakleaflad

Anybody going this year?

I am and have a question. I haven't been before and I was reading online backpacks or waistpacks are not permitted in, I assume this would include your normal sized schoolbag too? I was thinking of bringing the wellies and a rain coat in case of bad weather, do I just throw them in a plastic bag?

Bingo

Quote from: oakleaflad on May 28, 2015, 12:25:48 PM
Anybody going this year?

I am and have a question. I haven't been before and I was reading online backpacks or waistpacks are not permitted in, I assume this would include your normal sized schoolbag too? I was thinking of bringing the wellies and a rain coat in case of bad weather, do I just throw them in a plastic bag?

Id say they talking about the big camping backpacks.

Once they can search it and nothing prohibited in it, you should be fine. Wear a good pair of boots/workwear boots and leave the change in the car and you'll be fine. Been raining a right bit recently, so it bound to be mucky and it be no fashion parade, so expect the worst and you'll be covered.

screenexile

Yeah a decent pair of waterproof boots would be the ticket it looks like it'll be a dodgy day.

I've been burnt with wellies before they are deadly uncomfortable. I'll be purchasing a decent raincoat as well this evening!

lfdown2

macdanger2

Quote from: Bingo on May 28, 2015, 12:29:10 PM
Quote from: oakleaflad on May 28, 2015, 12:25:48 PM
Anybody going this year?

Id say they talking about the big camping backpacks.

Once they can search it and nothing prohibited in it, you should be fine. Wear a good pair of boots/workwear boots and leave the change in the car and you'll be fine. Been raining a right bit recently, so it bound to be mucky and it be no fashion parade, so expect the worst and you'll be covered.

If you're bringing in your own spirits (say in a 7-up or water bottle, they'll take the lids off you so make sure you bring a couple of spare lids!!

armaghniac

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

cornerback

Practically everything is prohibited!! I wouldn't risk taking anything apart from what you're wearing & what can fit in ur pockets (wallet, phone etc). Rain is a certainty in the evening so i would dress accordingly.

Q: What items can I not bring into the event?
STRICTLY NO ALCOHOL OR FOOD AND NO BOTTLES OF ANY KIND
In addition the following Items are Strictly Prohibited (Not allowed)
• Aerosols
• Air Horns
• Alcohol
• Animals (other than registered guide or hearing dogs)
• Any item which may reasonably be considered for use as a weapon
• Audio Recorders
• Backpacks or waistpacks
• Bottles
• Cans
• Cameras with a detachable lense or recording equipment *
• Camping Equipment
• Chinese or Sky Lanterns
• Excessive amounts cigarettes may be refused entry to the site
• Food
•Fireworks and Flares
• Garden furniture, deckchairs, fold up chairs or shooting sticks.
• Garden gnomes
• Glass
• Glow sticks
• Illegal substances
• Large Umbrellas or Flag Poles
• Large chains, spiked bracelet's or wallet chains
• Light Sabers
• Megaphones
• Nitrous Oxide
• Plastic bottles
• Portable Laser Equipment and Pens
• Selfie sticks
• Smoke Canisters
• Sound systems
• Spray Cans
• Tridents
• Un-authorised Professional Film or Video Equipment*
• Unofficial tabards or reflective jackets
*Pocket sized cameras are permitted for personal use. Cameras with detachable telephoto lenses will not be allowed through the arena entrances. Professional cameras and video/audio equipment are strictly prohibited.
FINAL REMINDERS
All the above items will be confiscated. Confiscated Items will not be returned. Anyone resisting confiscation of disallowed items may be evicted.
- See more at: http://www.slanecastle.ie/castle/castle_faqs.php#sthash.3a1AXBps.dpuf

StGallsGAA

You'll be getting searched by students who are getting 50-60 quid for their day.   10 yo-yos will turn a blind eye!

Wildweasel74

Yes be hitting down early sat morning, expect it to be good,

Wildweasel74

Light sabers, so would that be a regular item at a slane concert then lol

Syferus

Tridents. Seriously. f**k off.

Foo Fighters are decent but don't really have the wow factor Slane is known for. Hozier is good but the lad has barely an album's worth of material to draw from at this stage..

Estimator

Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2015, 01:42:46 AM

Foo Fighters are decent but don't really have the wow factor Slane is known for. Hozier is good but the lad has barely an album's worth of material to draw from at this stage..
Indeed. Slane needs to return to the  wow factor headliners like Robbie Williams, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi and Stereophonics  ::)
Ulster League Champions 2009

Puckoon

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 29, 2015, 12:12:13 AM
Light sabers, so would that be a regular item at a slane concert then lol

Well what de f**k do you think the garden knomes are gonna joust with?

f**king eejit.

gallsman

Quote from: Estimator on May 29, 2015, 07:00:03 AM
Quote from: Syferus on May 29, 2015, 01:42:46 AM

Indeed. Slane needs to return to the  wow factor headliners like Robbie Williams, Bryan Adams, Bon Jovi and Stereophonics  ::)

In fairness, Robbie Williams has played and sold out much bigger gigs than Slane, and received rave reviews.

Puckoon

The boul Robbie upstaged the verve and then sold out the following year 98/88!

f**king Eejit.