Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2018, 08:15:26 AM
When the SDLP were top dog they had quality through the ranks. The Shinners do not. I wonder why. Hmmm
McElduff is probably a great bunch of lads but would he cut the mustard in any other party (except Fianna Fail) ?

When the SDLP were in power, they never made any sort of tangible progress for nationalists.

They were not known as the Stoop Down Low Party for nothing.

Itchy

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 08:44:11 AM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:43:08 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:40:18 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:36:42 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:30:48 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:25:18 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 07, 2018, 10:17:40 PM
Quote from: Itchy on January 07, 2018, 10:13:02 PM
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.

Play the ball not the man

I've made my comments on this matter. I'm just pointing out the selective outrage from free staters, but there seems to be an agenda to quell this being pointed out.

You know what outrages all free staters? Tell me have I selective outrage too. Curious as to your assessment of this free stater.

I find it odd that a SF MLA making a crass social media post about the Kingsmill massacre, intended or unintended, is something that draws more outrage from the Free Staters than the injustices that have the fingerpints of the Free State establishement parties all over them of late. These are also topical issues such as the Mary Boyle case and the Stardust families. Yet none of those posters could muster any disgust about the role of the parties in that thread.

None of them? Are you sure about that or is it that just another wild generalisation?

I had two threads on here recently on topical issues in the Mary Boyle and Stardust cases. There was no uptake from the usual Free Staters who will be hand wringing and giving their usual Screaming Mary impressions when a spec of dirt lands of FF.

You won't have to go back to far on the General Discussion forum to find them and offer your opinion, that's if you want to?

To be honest I am not overly familiar with either case. I try not to comment on stories I know nothing about. Now you will see plenty of occasions where I have criticized FF, FG and Southern Government on a number of issues. I have no love for either of those parties and wouldn't vote for either if they were the only two in Ireland.

But that is all totally irrelevant to this case.

thewobbler

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 08:46:22 AM
When the SDLP were top dog they had quality through the ranks. The Shinners do not. I wonder why. Hmmm
McElduff is probably a great bunch of lads but would he cut the mustard in any other party (except Fianna Fail) ?

When the SDLP were in power, they never made any sort of tangible progress for nationalists.

You must have missed civil rights then the ceasefire. Sleeping?

Just keep rewriting history hi.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Itchy on January 08, 2018, 08:52:46 AM
Let me tell you defenders of this crap something else. There will be no united Ireland without a proportion of current day unionists supporting it. We have that opportunity now due to the calamity of Brexit. United Ireland might make some financial/economic sense to middle ground unionists. The old guard in Republican circles are put out to pasture which makes it a bit easier to do for them too. Things are moving into place. And then you have a total f**king moron like this guy doing this. Unionists need to see that there losses will be respected in any new republic. Anyone who calls themselves a republican should understand that.

Sinn Fein leadership need to toss this fool out on his hole and show that while Arlene and her cronies have no shame, republicans will deal with this stuff. I am ashamed to see so many republicans defending this and reverting to "whataboutery" as a defense. Anyone who questions it is a free stater etc etc. Cop the f**k on.

What is important is balance and I think it's very relevant that those Free Staters who come on to express their outrage here are usually the same ones mentioned when it comes to commenting on the disgusting behaviour and obstruction of justice of the establishment parties in their own state.

I've made my comments on this matter. I'm just pointing out the selective outrage from free staters, but there seems to be an agenda to quell this being pointed out.

You know what outrages all free staters? Tell me have I selective outrage too. Curious as to your assessment of this free stater.

I find it odd that a SF MLA making a crass social media post about the Kingsmill massacre, intended or unintended, is something that draws more outrage from the Free Staters than the injustices that have the fingerpints of the Free State establishement parties all over them of late. These are also topical issues such as the Mary Boyle case and the Stardust families. Yet none of those posters could muster any disgust about the role of the parties in that thread.

None of them? Are you sure about that or is it that just another wild generalisation?

I had two threads on here recently on topical issues in the Mary Boyle and Stardust cases. There was no uptake from the usual Free Staters who will be hand wringing and giving their usual Screaming Mary impressions when a spec of dirt lands of FF.

You won't have to go back to far on the General Discussion forum to find them and offer your opinion, that's if you want to?

To be honest I am not overly familiar with either case. I try not to comment on stories I know nothing about. Now you will see plenty of occasions where I have criticized FF, FG and Southern Government on a number of issues. I have no love for either of those parties and wouldn't vote for either if they were the only two in Ireland.

I don't think it's irrelevant to point that most of the Free Staters throwing mud in these type of threads are the ones who can't bring themselves to comment on the disgraceful actions of their own establishment parties. I think it's important in terms of balance.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: thewobbler on January 08, 2018, 08:55:44 AM

Civil Rights? How did that go?

There's a reason the SDLP have nearly died out, they were spineless quasi-unionists. For as good a man as Hume was, he had no problem calling for internment against his own nationalist community.

Minder

Shinnerbots must be on double time since the weekend
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 08:56:29 AM

I don't think it's irrelevant to point that most of the Free Staters throwing mud in these type of threads are the ones who can't bring themselves to comment on the disgraceful actions of their own establishment parties. I think it's important in terms of balance.
That is nonsense
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

thewobbler

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 08:59:43 AM

There's a reason the SDLP have nearly died out, they were spineless quasi-unionists. For as good a man as Hume was, he had no problem calling for internment against his own nationalist community.

So you genuinely don't believe that the SDLP's representation of Northern Ireland's catholics was the reason for equality in the region?

Or is it that you believe that there's still 1960s style levels of inequality?

Or because a few Protestants have too jobs in NiCS that we are still been treated like shit?

——

SDLP  are a moribund party because they were formed with a single purpose in mind: civil rights for Catholics. Since that goal has been achieved they have been unable to find a purpose emotive enough to campaign successfully for votes in the secular cesspit that is NI.

——

You are doing both Sinn Fein and yourself a serious disservice to try to discredit SDLP's role in improving life for nationalists in NI. This isn't the 1920s and you can't whitewash history to your narrative because no other one exists.. The internet and digitised press were actually a thing when the ceasefire was delivered, by the SDLp.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2018, 09:11:08 AM

That is nonsense

Nonsense to point out that the usual Free State suspects slinging mud at SF are nowhere to be seen when the establishment parties of their own parties are alleged to have been involved in obstructing justice in the disappearance of a 6 year old, the obstruction of justice in bringing the responsible parties of a nightclub fire that killed 39 people to account, the smear campaign of a Garda whistleblower falsely making campaigns that he was a child molester.

Very little condemnation from those usual suspects there. And as much as you might like to quell spotlight on double standards, it won't work with me. The usual suspects were nowhere to be seen on the Stardust and Mary Boyle thread and I think we can see their faux outrage for all it is. A SF MLA who makes a crass and insensitive post about the murders of the family in a state outside theirs is apparently more worthy of outrage than a FF councillor obstructing Gardai from questioning the prime suspect in the disappearance of a 6 year old girl in their own state.

It seems to me they find the latter acceptable.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: thewobbler on January 08, 2018, 09:14:18 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 08:59:43 AM

So you genuinely don't believe that the SDLP's representation of Northern Ireland's catholics was the reason for equality in the region?

Or is it that you believe that there's still 1960s style levels of inequality?

Or because a few Protestants have too jobs in NiCS that we are still been treated like shit?

——

SDLP  are a moribund party because they were formed with a single purpose in mind: civil rights for Catholics. Since that goal has been achieved they have been unable to find a purpose emotive enough to campaign successfully for votes in the secular cesspit that is NI.

——

You are doing both Sinn Fein and yourself a serious disservice to try to discredit SDLP's role in improving life for nationalists in NI. This isn't the 1920s and you can't whitewash history to your narrative because no other one exists.. The internet and digitised press were actually a thing when the ceasefire was delivered, by the SDLp.

I believe the Civil Rights movement was going to achieve nothing. The Brits weren't too bothered about nationalists being burned out of their homes or being bet to death by members of the police force. There's one thing history has taught us when it comes to the Brits in Ireland that will make them listen and that was war.

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 08, 2018, 09:22:09 AM

That is nonsense

Nonsense to point out that the usual Free State suspects slinging mud at SF are nowhere to be seen when the establishment parties of their own parties are alleged to have been involved in obstructing justice in the disappearance of a 6 year old, the obstruction of justice in bringing the responsible parties of a nightclub fire that killed 39 people to account, the smear campaign of a Garda whistleblower falsely making campaigns that he was a child molester.

Very little condemnation from those usual suspects there. And as much as you might like to quell spotlight on double standards, it won't work with me. The usual suspects were nowhere to be seen on the Stardust and Mary Boyle thread and I think we can see their faux outrage for all it is. A SF MLA who makes a crass and insensitive post about the murders of the family in a state outside theirs is apparently more worthy of outrage than a FF councillor obstructing Gardai from questioning the prime suspect in the disappearance of a 6 year old girl in their own state.

It is nonsense. It's like saying you can't comment on the US unless you are from Louisiana.
Who gets to decide which threads are appropriate? If someone isn't interested in AS Roma can they say anything?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Avondhu star

That is nonsense

Your diversionary tactics aren't working.
There's probably more brains in the loaf of bread than between your man's ears
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 08, 2018, 09:27:11 AM

That is nonsense

It is nonsense. It's like saying you can't comment on the US unless you are from Louisiana.
Who gets to decide which threads are appropriate? If someone isn't interested in AS Roma can they say anything?

What I'm saying is that those Free Staters who come in showing their outrage and anger are very easy to spot in how disingenuous they are. They were nowhere to be seen when their own establishment parties were involved in far more serious and more disgraceful actions. I'm commenting on the double standards displayed, you don't want that commentary appearing.

Orchard park

bomber,

do you think Mcelduff is blame free or a complete tool ???

forget diversionary answers