FBD 2024

Started by Farrandeelin, November 08, 2012, 05:43:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

galwayman

From Corofin I would say Sice and Lundy are nailed on starters.
Ian Burke and Liam Silke won't be too far away I'd say.
Daithi Burke is playing with the Galway hurlers instead.
I don't think Farragher, Steede or McGrath will start.

Outside of those lads Conroy,Hanley,Flynn should start.probably Paul Varley also.
In the backs Duane and Joss Moore will be close to it.
How did Tom Fahy play on Sunday?
More of a wing back in his underage Galway days.
Still a serious lack of full back line options.

I think also Peadar og o Griofa will be close enough to making the ff line.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: galwayman on January 26, 2015, 07:46:59 PM

He's been playing very well for NUIG. Just needs an injury free run. Something he hasn't had in a few years.

Blowitupref

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on January 26, 2015, 08:18:28 PM

He's been playing very well for NUIG. Just needs an injury free run. Something he hasn't had in a few years.
It's feared he dislocated his shoulder playing for NUIG today in the sigerson cup.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 27, 2015, 10:22:33 PM

It's feared he dislocated his shoulder playing for NUIG today in the sigerson cup.

Would be like something that would happen to the lad alright unfortunately. No luck.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Blowitupref on January 27, 2015, 10:22:33 PM

He's had a lot of bad luck with injuries, I was looking forward to see him getting a chance for Galway.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Shrewdness

Doubt if many of us Rossie posters will be bothered with this thread yet. We're too busy contributing on other threads. 8)

maigheo

moysider

Huge test for new Roscommon management to try and defend th'oul FBD. A bad start here could see the latest Mayo man in the Rossie hot seat lose his gloss and the 'customers' getting cranky. Probably McStay's best shot at silverware in his tenure unless Leitrim hit the ground running. Mayo having a late managerial appointment probably means we will do well to compete at all in January.

Rossfan

We're thinking of dissolving the Senior and U 21 panels on 31January if we win th'oul FBD and Hashtins.
We need to save money to redevelop the Hyde as we want to be ready to host loads of games in the new All Ireland competitions.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

moysider

Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2015, 12:24:55 AM
We're thinking of dissolving the Senior and U 21 panels on 31January if we win th'oul FBD and Hashtins.
We need to save money to redevelop the Hyde as we want to be ready to host loads of games in the new All Ireland competitions.

Hmmmm. Not a bad idea actually.

I don t see any point Mayo playing th'oul FBD at all. It seems to be a competition to show players that they are not good enough rather than discover players. Could save a few bob by not bothering with it at all. Waste of time.

Syferus

Quote from: moysider on October 25, 2015, 12:46:53 AM
Quote from: Rossfan on October 25, 2015, 12:24:55 AM

Hmmmm. Not a bad idea actually.

I don t see any point Mayo playing th'oul FBD at all. It seems to be a competition to show players that they are not good enough rather than discover players. Could save a few bob by not bothering with it at all. Waste of time.

It's not everyone else's fault that Mayo are addicted to using the same 18 players year in year out.

Farrandeelin

Going on a massive tangent lads, but IF Ros lose to Sligo, does that mean the Connacht final can't be played in Dr. Hyde Park?
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Rossfan

If she's open for Ros v Sligo she'll be open for the C F if a neutral venue is required.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM