Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maiden1

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 10, 2020, 03:50:05 PM
They will keep him until end of season. They are 5pts behind Chelsea in 4th. Chelsea aren't consistent either so they can be caught. United have the Europa League also.

If they were to change in the summer, I'd like to see Allegri over Pochettino. Spurs always seemed to fade away under Pochettino. They made the CL final but the league form was poor in that period. The year Leicester won the title Spurs were in a good position, ann and went into a meltdown.
Spurs league form was great in this period (for Spurs).

5th
3rd
2nd
4th and champions league final

He didn't spend much money and brought through a lot of players from their academy.  Also every year Harry Kane seemed to spend at least 2 months out injured.
There are no proofs, only opinions.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maiden1 on January 10, 2020, 05:04:25 PM
They will keep him until end of season. They are 5pts behind Chelsea in 4th. Chelsea aren't consistent either so they can be caught. United have the Europa League also.

If they were to change in the summer, I'd like to see Allegri over Pochettino. Spurs always seemed to fade away under Pochettino. They made the CL final but the league form was poor in that period. The year Leicester won the title Spurs were in a good position, ann and went into a meltdown.

5th
3rd
2nd

He didn't spend much money and brought through a lot of players from their academy.  Also every year Harry Kane seemed to spend at least 2 months out injured.

Have they not had a far superior squad to United over that period of time?

Maiden1

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 10, 2020, 05:42:00 PM

5th
3rd
2nd

Have they not had a far superior squad to United over that period of time?
They've had better results. Not sure they've had much better players. They have certainly spent a lot less.

Kane was on loan 4 times before Pochetino took over.
Ali, Trippier etc. all brought through.

rodney trotter

5th
3rd
2nd

Spurs form dipped on a few occasions. . Yes they  finished 3rd but they had a chance of winning the League and ended up 3rd. They finished 4th last season but were Poor in the league from February.  It was poor competition from outside the top 4 ,which kept them 4th

Maiden1

Quote from: rodney trotter on January 10, 2020, 06:06:52 PM

5th
3rd
2nd

Spurs form dipped on a few occasions. . Yes they  finished 3rd but they had a chance of winning the League and ended up 3rd. They finished 4th last season but were Poor in the league from February.  It was poor competition from outside the top 4 ,which kept them 4th
Maybe but I might be in the minority in thinking they overachived with the players they had in general.

Take the starting team that knocked man city out of champions league last year as an example, I don't think its an exceptional team.

https://www.google.com/search?q=spurs+team+man+city+champions+league&oq=spurs+team+man+city+champions+league&aqs=chrome..69i57j33l3.10553j0j7&client=ms-android-samsung&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8#sie=m;/g/11fk7q_7qp;2;/m/0c1q0;ln;fp;1;;

Boycey

Is it too cheerful for everybody today  :)

Cunny Funt

Routine win against the worst team in the league. Williams certainly the best left back option but at his age he can't be overplayed. DeGea only had one save to make and important one at 1-0.

Mata, Matic looked good against a poor side yet they still can't be trusted against any decent side. Bruno Fernandes is strongly linked and would be a good addition.

19 goals and 5 assists playing most from the left wing for Rashford now in comparison Lukaku only managed 15 goals in 45 appearances for United last season playing as a striker.

Will be interesting to see how strong of a team will be picked for the FA Cup replay on Wednesday.

From the Bunker

Ole GS on #MOTD: "You know that when you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out you're going places."

;D

quit yo jibbajabba

He's at the wheel ye know  ;D ;D ;D

snoopdog

Quote from: From the Bunker on January 11, 2020, 11:28:52 PM
Ole GS on #MOTD: "You know that when you play Man City in the Carabao Cup and they put their strongest team out you're going places."

;D
Ole does make some stupid statements. It's like he is the manager of Cardiff.  And it wasn't city's strongest team either.  The 2 steps fwd now with a win over wolves midweek hooefully and then the step back a 1 nil defeat at anfield next sun.

Geoff Tipps

;D

Taking PR tips from Roy Hodgson! Embarrassing stuff.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: snoopdog on January 12, 2020, 08:34:33 AM

;D
Ole does make some stupid statements. It's like he is the manager of Cardiff.  And it wasn't city's strongest team either.  The 2 steps fwd now with a win over wolves midweek hooefully and then the step back a 1 nil defeat at anfield next sun.

I think 1-0 v Liverpool would be another step forward in fairness
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on January 13, 2020, 08:43:09 AM
Quote from: snoopdog on January 12, 2020, 08:34:33 AM

;D

I think 1-0 v Liverpool would be another step forward in fairness

Utd have played well enough against the bigger teams but I'd say Liverpool will go to town on them at the weekend, I'm hosting the poker night at mine on Friday night, all Liverpool ones, f**k it will be a difficult night!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Maroon Manc

A very easy win against a very poor team, Mata who's finished as a United player produced 2 brilliant crosses which we've very rarely seen this season. Lingard & Pereira just don't possess that sort of quality, its just so frustrating watching the pair of them play so many games. Pereira has played most of his games this season playing in the so called no 10 position, his lack of quality is astounding.

Good to see Martial score that sort of goal, didn't think he was capable of it.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 13, 2020, 11:05:04 AM
A very easy win against a very poor team, Mata who's finished as a United player produced 2 brilliant crosses which we've very rarely seen this season. Lingard & Pereira just don't possess that sort of quality, its just so frustrating watching the pair of them play so many games. Pereira has played most of his games this season playing in the so called no 10 position, his lack of quality is astounding.

Good to see Martial score that sort of goal, didn't think he was capable of it.

Ya and made it look like it's something he does all the time.

Relief after Tuesday's first half debacle that Norwich were seen off pretty easily. Williams is so much better than Shaw but he can't be overplayed as someone mentioned. Excellent on the ball and very aggressive and quick.....Shaw should be embarrassed looking at him. Mata still has value as a squad player as shown Saturday. Pereira and Lingard have got ample opportunity and I'd say the game is almost up for them.

I don't know much about Bruno Fernandes. Hope he's signed and hope he's good. Need another one or two minimum before the end of the month, even if they're loans.