Teachers get it handy!

Started by wherefromreferee?, June 20, 2008, 08:49:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 07:26:20 AM
Whoever taught you needs a good slap

Do you not be embarrassed by these posts, what are you a 50 year old man, your life must be very empty.  Maybe you should get out more, a bit of exercise or something, it's really not healthy for your mental health to be so obsessed about an anonymous discussion board.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 07:29:46 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 07:26:20 AM
Whoever taught you needs a good slap

Do you not be embarrassed by these posts, what are you a 50 year old man, your life must be very empty.  Maybe you should get out more, a bit of exercise or something, it's really not healthy for your mental health to be so obsessed about an anonymous discussion board.

I really do, I really need to get out more and exercise (runs 5k a day)

As for embarrassment, actually saying you taught your kids to walk and talk!! You are up there with Einstein with levels of teaching you possess
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Barnster

So you didn't assist your kids with their earliest steps and never spoke a word to them or corrected their baby talk.  ::)  You really mustn't get embarrassed.  I also taught them to swim, then they went to classes to improve.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 09:00:36 AM
So you didn't assist your kids with their earliest steps and never spoke a word to them or corrected their baby talk.  ::)  You really mustn't get embarrassed.

I think it goes WITHOUT saying that parents do the basics. I don't understand the rest of your post though, as I never said that.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Turf

Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on August 16, 2022, 02:39:47 AM
Unless you've spent some time trying to interest a group of 30 pre-teens or teenagers in something they haven't the foggiest notion about, you are simply not qualified to criticize teachers.

Are there bad teachers? For sure.  Are there bad plumbers, electricians, bricklayers, gas-fitters?  Well, if you've ever spent time on the phone trying to get someone to come back to finish a job properly that they've left when it's not working properly, you know the answer.  There are people in every profession who are bad at their job.  It's just a fact.

I've worked as a builder's labourer, a warehouse packer, a cemetery groundsperson, a bookie's board-marker and cashier, an army canteen manager/server and a a Kitchen assistant.  For the last 20-odd years, I teach college.  It's the most demanding and most exhausting job I've ever worked at (despite the summers off).  I can only imagine how much harder it is to teach school-age kids.   

I see how hard my kid's teachers work, and how dedicated they are, and how many special-needs kids they have in their classes, and I have nothing but admiration for them.

Primary and secondary school teacher's rock.   And if you can read this post, you should be thanking them.
The high opinion that teachers hold themselves in is astounding  ;D
The self entitlement from them is also astounding. Then when they were needed during the pandemic they threaten to go on strike.All the while every other critical sector were out busting a gut to keep the country going at the time.
The scaremongering from them at the time was unreal. I think they let a lot of people down and it won't be forgotten for a while.

JimStynes

Itchy

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2022, 11:19:51 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 15, 2022, 11:08:45 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 15, 2022, 11:03:45 PM
You're sounding like a complete tit with your comments about teachers.

Funny that, a teacher above just pretty much agreed with what I said  so why aren't you calling him a tit. You are just a big empty vessel aren't you? Zero between the ears and no doubt have a particularly precious teacher as a wife or relative.

I was a teacher, but that's not why I'm disagreeing with your ott comments about teachers. Your allegedly poor teachers you've been in contact with has completed clouded your view on teaching. Pathetic.

Between the ears you've got your eardrum, Ossicle,  eustation canal, cochlear, semi circular canals, auditory nerve, then your brain.. something I do know about

Of course its not. Now I understand. Good for you to move on and find something you are better at.

Jim Bob

Statement from INTO this morning. School teachers being balloted in September for strike action for more money and reduction of workload.

We await Barnster's opinion when he gets up.

bennydorano

Is a lot of the ill will towards teachers here based on how board members had to school their own kids during the Pandemic and have a touch of PTSD as a result?

marty34

Parents are the main educators of children.

Full stop.

Turf

Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
Is a lot of the ill will towards teachers here based on how board members had to school their own kids during the Pandemic and have a touch of PTSD as a result?
Sure it could never be the teachers who were wrong could it  ;D

Milltown Row2

Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2022, 12:34:33 PM

Full stop.

The parents of the kids with the up the ra T-shirts have done sterling work so far ;)

Barnster

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 09:03:18 AM
Quote from: Barnster on August 16, 2022, 09:00:36 AM
So you didn't assist your kids with their earliest steps and never spoke a word to them or corrected their baby talk.  ::)  You really mustn't get embarrassed.

I think it goes WITHOUT saying that parents do the basics. I don't understand the rest of your post though, as I never said that.

Like teaching them to read!

Turf

Quote from: Duine Inteacht Eile on August 16, 2022, 12:31:03 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on August 16, 2022, 12:23:31 PM
Perhaps not even "school" but just "look after".
Dare I say.
Ah that old chestnut that parents were looking for babysitters. Another thing dreamt up by teachers to justify not going to work. They let everyone down and threatened to go strike while everyone else that was needed went out and got stuck in and went to work.

marty34

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on August 16, 2022, 12:39:53 PM
Quote from: marty34 on August 16, 2022, 12:34:33 PM

Full stop.

The parents of the kids with the up the ra T-shirts have done sterling work so far ;)

Depends on what their parents' outlook on the Ra is I suppose?

I'd compare that with children (and parents of course) who wear poppies in November.  They are supporting the terrorists of the BA/RUC and their loyalist colleagues.

That's what the poppy symnolies.