Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

toby47

Horrendous result last night, sh!te team selection & sh!te performance too. Kept talking in commentary that Celtic need to score some of the chances they are creating. However for all the possession celtic had I thought they created very little clear cut chances.

The new keeper also hasn't impressed me so far, he'd need to improve ASAP.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 27, 2020, 08:14:59 AM
Quote from: Angelo on August 26, 2020, 11:17:42 PM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 26, 2020, 11:05:37 PM
What sort of scouting recruiting are they doing. Celtic have a limited budget but seems to be hoping they discover a gem from a smaller league like Poland. Sorro, Klimala,

Gerrard has been backed at Rangers. Ryan Kent was a good signing.  Leeds looking to sign him.  Defoe a proven Premier league player, Steven Davis.

Lennon has let Bayo and Shved depart without giving either a chance. Klimala and Soro are warming the bench.

We don't really know anything about these players yet we are seeing James Forrest embarrassing himself week in, week out. Lennon picks his favourites irrespective of form or ability.

They could be good players, let's not forget Teemu Pukki was a player Neil Lennon had under him at his first spell in charge at Celtic.........

Pukki played one year under Lennon and admitted himself he thought playing in Scotland would be easy and that he found the speed and physicality difficult to adjust to.

You keep talking about the huns imploding last season. Do Celtic get no credit whatsoever on your mind at all
I'm not defending Lennon for last night. Not starting a striker was unforgivable.

Do Celtic get any credit for the huns imploding?

Absolutely not.

Celtic have been an embarrassment in big games under Lennon, they are a very poorly organised team under Lennon, lots of players have gone backwards under him since he took over - Forrest, McGregor, Ajer, Christie, Rogic to name a few.

Celtic are a one man team and Edouard is the only thing between Lennon and the exit door.

If Celtic have any ambition or hope for the future then Lennon simply has to go, he is out of his depth.
GAA FUNDING CHEATS CHEAT US ALL

Main Street

Quote from: toby47 on August 27, 2020, 09:04:15 AM
Horrendous result last night, sh!te team selection & sh!te performance too. Kept talking in commentary that Celtic need to score some of the chances they are creating. However for all the possession celtic had I thought they created very little clear cut chances.

The new keeper also hasn't impressed me so far, he'd need to improve ASAP.
There was Ntcham's crossbar challenge, apart from that the FV goalie was hardly tested all game and yet he was  somewhat culpable  for Celtic's goal -  too far off  his goalline.

Was Barkas at some fault for the 2nd goal, after the horror defending allowed the shot? His effort to save looked weak.

rodney trotter

Lennon spoke of a few players wanting out, if no CL football this season. Edouard and Ntcham are likely some of the players.
What sort of fee would Edouard generate? It would be something similar to Dembele you'd imagine

lurganblue

Quote from: rodney trotter on August 27, 2020, 11:47:42 AM
Lennon spoke of a few players wanting out, if no CL football this season. Edouard and Ntcham are likely some of the players.
What sort of fee would Edouard generate? It would be something similar to Dembele you'd imagine

Would there be doubts that Eddy was actually injured and he is in fact one of the players who's head has now been turned?

tyroneman

Focusing solely on last night questions have to be asked

Why 8mill worth of strikers....recruited by Lennon...were left on the bench.
Why Klimala is supposedly not fit enough to start given he's had the same pre season as everyone else
Why our fastest player was dropped at RB
Why lessons were not learned from previous defeats
Why players were thrown under the bus
Why Lennon picked players who supposedly didn't want to be there in the first place
Why there was little evidence of tactical structure
Why the defence was left exposed.
Why the opposition were allowed so.much time on the ball

I'd say there would be serious questions to be asked about dressing room.morale after Lennon blamed the players.

tonto1888

Quote from: Angelo on August 27, 2020, 09:28:12 AM
What sort of scouting recruiting are they doing. Celtic have a limited budget but seems to be hoping they discover a gem from a smaller league like Poland. Sorro, Klimala,

Gerrard has been backed at Rangers. Ryan Kent was a good signing.  Leeds looking to sign him.  Defoe a proven Premier league player, Steven Davis.

Lennon has let Bayo and Shved depart without giving either a chance. Klimala and Soro are warming the bench.

We don't really know anything about these players yet we are seeing James Forrest embarrassing himself week in, week out. Lennon picks his favourites irrespective of form or ability.

They could be good players, let's not forget Teemu Pukki was a player Neil Lennon had under him at his first spell in charge at Celtic.........

Pukki played one year under Lennon and admitted himself he thought playing in Scotland would be easy and that he found the speed and physicality difficult to adjust to.

You keep talking about the huns imploding last season. Do Celtic get no credit whatsoever on your mind at all
I'm not defending Lennon for last night. Not starting a striker was unforgivable.

Absolutely not.

Celtic have been an embarrassment in big games under Lennon, they are a very poorly organised team under Lennon, lots of players have gone backwards under him since he took over - Forrest, McGregor, Ajer, Christie, Rogic to name a few.

Celtic are a one man team and Edouard is the only thing between Lennon and the exit door.

If Celtic have any ambition or hope for the future then Lennon simply has to go, he is out of his depth.

Forget about the huns for once ffs. Celtic's run after the break was excellent and is very credit worthy for normal fans. Yes we have had embarrassing results under Lennon. We have also had some excellent results but they seem to have escaped your mind.

Angelo

Quote from: tonto1888 on August 27, 2020, 12:38:34 PM
Quote from: Angelo on August 27, 2020, 09:28:12 AM

Absolutely not.

Forget about the huns for once ffs. Celtic's run after the break was excellent and is very credit worthy for normal fans. Yes we have had embarrassing results under Lennon. We have also had some excellent results but they seem to have escaped your mind.

If you forget about your only rivals for the title then you are talking about a default title.

The huns imploded, I wouldn't trust Lennon to win a title if a team puts it up to him. He failed the only time previous this happened when Walter Smith took one from him.

The two titles he won in his first spell were against a Rangers team that entered administration and a second sans Rangers.

His track record is really poor.

The team are at nothing without Edouard and a huge amount of the key player that were there with Rodgers have regressed at an alarming rate, he has frozen out quite a number of new signings, refused to give them opportunities and persisted with out of form players.

He's an absolutely terrible manager, his track record is woeful and the job is far, far too big for him.

The only reason he is there is because he is a yes man who won't rock the boat for Lawwell.

You won't see Lennon calling out Lawwell about failing to get a transfer over the line like Rodgers did with Lawwell on John McGinn.

illdecide

Angelo i take it you don't like Neil Lennon?

Look as i stated last night that result can't be defended and was a howler, NL has not done himself any favours and the doubters he had from the very start are not calling for his head and that's the way football goes. TBH i wasn't aware that there was a bit of unrest in the camp, i thought all was well but clearly not. What happens next? Do you sack him? who do you replace him with? will this knee jerk reaction give the onus to Sevco?

One thing is certain that something has to give...get the players out to f@ck who want their £££ elsewhere or sack NL. One thing i'm certain off is "be careful what you wish for!!!" We'll not be getting another Brendan R anytime soon
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

tyroneman

Little bit of good news....Turnbull signed

MoChara

Quote from: tyroneman on August 27, 2020, 02:22:18 PM
Little bit of good news....Turnbull signed

Another option for up front in Europe lol

MoChara

Quote from: illdecide on August 27, 2020, 01:46:36 PM

Look as i stated last night that result can't be defended and was a howler, NL has not done himself any favours and the doubters he had from the very start are not calling for his head and that's the way football goes. TBH i wasn't aware that there was a bit of unrest in the camp, i thought all was well but clearly not. What happens next? Do you sack him? who do you replace him with? will this knee jerk reaction give the onus to Sevco?

One thing is certain that something has to give...get the players out to f@ck who want their £££ elsewhere or sack NL. One thing i'm certain off is "be careful what you wish for!!!" We'll not be getting another Brendan R anytime soon

Rodgers was good craic in Europe too,  7-0 to Barcelona, and then 5-0 and 7-1 to PSG and Red Imps

illdecide

Quote from: MoChara on August 27, 2020, 02:48:25 PM

Rodgers was good craic in Europe too,  7-0 to Barcelona, and then 5-0 and 7-1 to PSG and Red Imps

Don't remind me ffs, was at two of them games...disaster. Celtic's results have been declining in Europe over the last 15 years drastically with the odd exception result. Teams do not fear Celtic anymore and when you lose that respect and fear teams in Europe will hurt you big time. Celtic command that fear in Scotland but not any more in Europe and doesn't look like improving anytime soon.
What i want to see happening this year is NL to stay and rally the troops and get the players otf who doesn't wanna be there, get the 10 and then maybe it'll be time to move onto pastures greener (no pun intended). Bringing in a new manager now could be a total disaster for Celtic...some of you will say it'll be a disaster if you don't but as i stated earlier just be careful what you wish for you could end up with another Ronnie
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

rodney trotter

Henrik Larsson was mentioned before. He's managed a few clubs in Sweden. Assistant manager to Koeman at Barcelona.

Maybe he'll be linked again in the future.

Angelo

Quote from: MoChara on August 27, 2020, 02:48:25 PM

Rodgers qualified for the CL 2/3.

Lennon 0/2 with our earliest exit in the qualifying stage since Artmedia Bratislava.