?

?
10 (50%)
?
10 (50%)

Total Members Voted: 20

seanyb1

Quote from: toby47 on September 10, 2019, 10:42:24 AM
Any idea when dates/venues will be out for the next round of the championships?

Will they be waiting until the replays tonight are over?

I would imagine Slaughtneil v Ballinderry will be last game on the Sunday. Some great match ups

You, Yew and Ewe

Any truth in the rumours circulating in Owenbeg on Sunday night that the league structures are changing again next year to a 16 team division 1, giving Dungiven and Banagher a reprieve from Intermediate status?

BuzzKill (Version II)

Any Eoghan Rua posters out there able to shed any light on the rumour that the two Seans have stepped down?

cornerback

Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on September 10, 2019, 11:32:28 AM
Any truth in the rumours circulating in Owenbeg on Sunday night that the league structures are changing again next year to a 16 team division 1, giving Dungiven and Banagher a reprieve from Intermediate status?

Never heard the rumour but Dungiven & Banager aren't intermediate next year!  In 2020, if the structures remain the same, they will both still play in the senior championship as the finished in the top 15/16 in the league (depends on who wins the intermediate championship) in 2019; in 2020, they will play their league football in Division 1B - if they finish in the top 3/4* (again depending on who wins the intermediate championship) in 2020 they will still play senior championship in 2021

*even if they don't they can still put themselves forward to play in the senior championship as far as i know.  Glenullin did it a few years ago but i don't know if that ruling has changed.

Derry Optimist

Based on performances, in all championship grades at the weekend, which players, both existing county men and new recruits, do posters feel should be called up for the Derry Senior football panel for 2020?

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: cornerback on September 10, 2019, 11:44:08 AM
Quote from: You, Yew and Ewe on September 10, 2019, 11:32:28 AM

Never heard the rumour but Dungiven & Banager aren't intermediate next year!  In 2020, if the structures remain the same, they will both still play in the senior championship as the finished in the top 15/16 in the league (depends on who wins the intermediate championship) in 2019; in 2020, they will play their league football in Division 1B - if they finish in the top 3/4* (again depending on who wins the intermediate championship) in 2020 they will still play senior championship in 2021

*even if they don't they can still put themselves forward to play in the senior championship as far as i know.  Glenullin did it a few years ago but i don't know if that ruling has changed.
Yes Glenullin Entered the 2016 Senior Championship following their relegation from senior league in 2015. They lost to the loup by 6 though in a first round tie. County board facilitated this with a preliminary match. Glenullin sort of justified their inclusion all the same by winning the Division 2 league at a canter

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Predictions
Football

Senior-Slaughtneil
Inter-Steelstown
Junior-Moneymore

Hurling- Harder to predict due to grading still getting sorted

senior-Lynches
Intermediate-Eoghan Rua
Junior-Swa

JoG2

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on September 10, 2019, 01:28:36 PM
Predictions
Football

Senior-Slaughtneil
Inter-Steelstown
Junior-Moneymore

senior-Lynches
Intermediate-Eoghan Rua
Junior-Swa

Moneymore is a big call ! Between Magilligan and Glack , with Moneymore / Drum below

Slaughtneil v Ballinderry
Glen v Lavey
Swatragh v Banagher
Magherafelt v Screen

Glack v Moneymore
Magilligan v Drum

2 Intermediate replies tonight
Vale v Foreglen aet
Steelstown v Claudy

toby47

Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2019, 02:17:15 PM
Predictions
Football

Senior-Slaughtneil
Inter-Steelstown
Junior-Moneymore

senior-Lynches
Intermediate-Eoghan Rua
Junior-Swa

Moneymore is a big call ! Between Magilligan and Glack , with Moneymore / Drum below

Glen v Lavey
Swatragh v Banagher
Magherafelt v Screen

Glack v Moneymore
Magilligan v Drum

Vale v Foreglen aet
Steelstown v Claudy

Glen v Lavey
Swatragh v Banagher

Magherafelt v Screen

Glack v Moneymore
Magilligan v Drum

Vale v Foreglen
Steelstown v Claudy

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: toby47 on September 10, 2019, 02:33:20 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on September 10, 2019, 02:17:15 PM
Predictions
Football

Senior-Slaughtneil
Inter-Steelstown
Junior-Moneymore

senior-Lynches
Intermediate-Eoghan Rua
Junior-Swa

Glen v Lavey
Swatragh v Banagher
Magherafelt v Screen

Glack v Moneymore
Magilligan v Drum

Vale v Foreglen aet
Steelstown v Claudy

Glen v Lavey
Swatragh v Banagher

Magherafelt v Screen

Glack v Moneymore
Magilligan v Drum

Vale v Foreglen
Steelstown v Claudy

2 red cards last day for Claudy. Steelstown will have too much tonight I think

seanyb1

Saturday 21st Sept @ Owenbeg

Swatragh v Banagher 6.30pm

Sunday 22nd Sept @ Glen

Ballinderry v Slaughtneil 1.30pm

Sunday 22nd Sept @ Owenbeg

Magherafelt v Ballinascreen 4.30pm

Glen v Lavey 6pm

Saynotodrugs

I predict

Swatragh to win if they keep 15 men on the field! But Banagher shocked the blues so you never know!

Slaughtneil to win + Ballinderry be reduced to at least 14 men, mckinless being the most likely to get the line!

Very hard to call with them being the two most defensive teams in it! But if I had to hazard a guess I'd say screen, but it will be very tight!

And finally glen should have enuf to overcome lavey but another tight match! Glens fitness + desire to win should get them over the line!

Will it ever end

MOR to take Coleraine - I'd be amazed at that! 3 hour travel each night - not a hope!

Gaagaagaa20

Quote from: topofthesoil on September 12, 2019, 04:43:08 PM
Quote from: BuzzKill (Version II) on September 10, 2019, 11:35:02 AM
Any Eoghan Rua posters out there able to shed any light on the rumour that the two Seans have stepped down?

getting knocked out of the championship probably doesnt convince them to stay.
there was talk previously of Malachy O'Rourke taking over next year, them rumours are now catching fire and look like it'll actually happen.
What a load of rubbish, this is the second job you have linked Malachy ORourke to, looking at your posts. Regarding Sean McGoldrick and McLaughlin I believe Coleraine could definitely do with these men at the helm going forward, they know the lads inside out and ultimately I doubt there are better men within their club

tonesfirstandlast

Quote from: braveheart on September 09, 2019, 08:49:29 AM
If Saturday evening proves nothing else it proves that the game has moved on from shouting and roaring  and slapping your chest. You need tactics and if that is all Joe Cassidy can bring to the table then he would be better going back to Hurling management

And if today proves anything,  Damian should try Croquet