HID Key Fobs

Started by ThroughTheLaces, March 01, 2013, 09:36:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThroughTheLaces

I have a piece of equipment that allows HID key fobs to be copied. This is handy for people sharing rooms in apartments where the landlord/estate agent will only give out a certain number of these.

The problem I am having is that most fobs will be encrypted. I am unsure how to remove the encryption on these and would appreciate any help on how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Also can't post a pic but hoping you know what I am talking about.

The apple never falls far from the tree.

Orior

Ask yourself why the fobs are encrypted.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

ThroughTheLaces

I'd say it's pretty obvious Orior, thanks for pointing that out.

Orior

No problem. I'm here to help.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

johnneycool

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on March 01, 2013, 09:36:55 AM
I have a piece of equipment that allows HID key fobs to be copied. This is handy for people sharing rooms in apartments where the landlord/estate agent will only give out a certain number of these.

The problem I am having is that most fobs will be encrypted. I am unsure how to remove the encryption on these and would appreciate any help on how to do this.

Thanks in advance!

Also can't post a pic but hoping you know what I am talking about.
What HID technology does it use? iClass, MiFare????

ThroughTheLaces

HID manufactures and licenses several types of technologies, from Wiegand products to 13.56 MHz iCLASS,[4][5]MIFARE, and DESFire, as well as the 125 kHz Indala and Prox cards. Like all 125 kHz Prox cards, the HID Prox cards have no cryptography and the signal can be re-created by a $20 device at a distance of 20 cm.[6] Migration readers from various 125 kHz Prox technologies to 13.56 MHz iCLASS were introduced in 2007.[7]

It's the 125 kHz ones that I would be replicating.