Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2021, 01:40:51 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 11, 2021, 11:36:11 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 11, 2021, 11:30:33 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 11, 2021, 11:20:45 AM
;D

(N.B. I very rarely shop in marks and sparks ;D)

I have found worse examples of fishing for your religion in scotland than I have here. I was out one night in edinburgh and a friend of a friend, who was an arsehole, spent the whole night trying to get religion out of me with various poorly masked questions which I wouldn't give an answer to.

;D ;D Fair play .

Im away to do a bit , btw, the 2 for £10 deal is delightful in M&S.

Thinks it 12 quid now for the meal deal in M&S

The b**tards.

MR I hope you are not one of these former working class west belfast people. There's a boy I know who moved from west to south and when asked where he was from one night, I think at a pantomime,  he said south belfast and has never lived that down to this day. I hope you're not one of them  ;D

Never forget your roots, 28 years in the one street off the Falls, Iveagh parade we dander up to Milltown. City life has its benefits 

In those days I had cousins at the top of the street, mum had three cousins in the street, her sisters in laws lived in our street also, next street another set of cousins an aunt and my granny lived in.

Was the done thing to stay close to family.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Sportacus

Caral NiChuilin calling for housing equality, and her the Minister for Housing a few weeks ago. Opposition is so much handier.  Said it before, I'll say it again - Amateurs.

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 11, 2021, 10:22:32 AM
Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on March 11, 2021, 10:13:56 AM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 11, 2021, 06:58:07 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on March 10, 2021, 10:07:05 PM
Quote from: johnnycool on March 10, 2021, 04:58:46 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on March 10, 2021, 04:54:48 PM
https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/politics/arid-40241705.html

Leo is making a bit of a dick out of himself recently.

The more you see the less likeable he is. What's that saying - if he was a lollipop he'd eat himself? Comes across very ego centric all about me.

(I know most politicians are but he is definitely up there...)

Undoubted tube at times, but let's be honest must be very very few protestants on island supporting SF. And I think it's becoming more widely accepted now that SF can't be leaders on unity push if we are to convince unionists. I'm telling you most Shinners( and others) sectarianise about protestants every single day. It's often cloaked in poor tasting humour. I can pretty much guarantee that most northern nationalists have  been involved in a conversation over the last week where something bad was said about protestants.

Would love to know the research you've done into this. This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted on here, and that's saying something. Is it a pisstake?

No and I can see I have hit a nerve here. Wrong thread probably for it. Btw you are a newbie

Ah the old 'I hit a nerve'. No, you haven't hit a nerve. I'm calling out an absurd statement, which I presume you are unable to backup, given its absurdity.

Lets recap:

Most Shinners sectarianise about Protestants every single day

If you can't see how ridiculous that is then that's your problem not mine.

Also, if you'd bothered to check I've been registered on this board for the last 10 years on this name, and further back on a previous name.
The apple never falls far from the tree.

Snapchap

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on March 12, 2021, 10:00:40 AM

The more you see the less likeable he is. What's that saying - if he was a lollipop he'd eat himself? Comes across very ego centric all about me.

Undoubted tube at times, but let's be honest must be very very few protestants on island supporting SF. And I think it's becoming more widely accepted now that SF can't be leaders on unity push if we are to convince unionists. I'm telling you most Shinners( and others) sectarianise about protestants every single day. It's often cloaked in poor tasting humour. I can pretty much guarantee that most northern nationalists have  been involved in a conversation over the last week where something bad was said about protestants.

Would love to know the research you've done into this. This is probably one of the most ridiculous things I've seen posted on here, and that's saying something. Is it a pisstake?

No and I can see I have hit a nerve here. Wrong thread probably for it. Btw you are a newbie

Ah the old 'I hit a nerve'. No, you haven't hit a nerve. I'm calling out an absurd statement, which I presume you are unable to backup, given its absurdity.

Lets recap:

Also, if you'd bothered to check I've been registered on this board for the last 10 years on this name, and further back on a previous name.

You forgot - he doesn't just accuse shinners of being sectarian. He also claimed that most nationalists are bigots (he claimed most sectarianise about Protestants at least once every week). You really do have to wonder what sort of circles he moves in.

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: Snapchap on March 12, 2021, 10:58:39 AM

Lets recap:

You forgot - he doesn't just accuse shinners of being sectarian. He also claimed that most nationalists are bigots (he claimed most sectarianise about Protestants at least once every week). You really do have to wonder what sort of circles he moves in.

That's a good point, if I was hearing that kind of talk on a daily and weekly basis I'd have to start questioning the type of people I'm surrounding myself with.

FWIW I have no problem with anyone taking a pop at SF or any other party, but the absurdity of that statement made me have to re-read it a couple of times to make sure it was right.

The to claim all nationalists were bigots, pretty impressive.

I do wonder what kind of thoughts go on in a head like that.

general_lee

Trying to fill the void left by a certain couple of posters  ;D

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on March 12, 2021, 11:18:27 AM

Lets recap:

That's a good point, if I was hearing that kind of talk on a daily and weekly basis I'd have to start questioning the type of people I'm surrounding myself with.

FWIW I have no problem with anyone taking a pop at SF or any other party, but the absurdity of that statement made me have to re-read it a couple of times to make sure it was right.

Thank God you aren't my shrink, ye wouldnt make much money, what an awful thing to suggest about someone.

sectarian-the existence, within a locality, of two or more divided and actively competing communal identities, resulting in a strong sense of dualism which unremittingly transcends commonality, and is both culturally and physically manifest.'[1]

We live in a sectarian society and in the most part we as nationalists help facilitate it(based on the above definition) through our living, social, spiritual, educational and sporting choices and affiliations. It can not be denied, it fills our news EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Now bigot that is a whole other ballgame

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2021, 11:56:21 AM

Lets recap:

Thank God you aren't my shrink, ye wouldnt make much money, what an awful thing to suggest about someone.

sectarian-the existence, within a locality, of two or more divided and actively competing communal identities, resulting in a strong sense of dualism which unremittingly transcends commonality, and is both culturally and physically manifest.'[1]

We live in a sectarian society and in the most part we as nationalists help facilitate it(based on the above definition) through our living, social, spiritual, educational and sporting choices and affiliations. It can not be denied, it fills our news EVERY SINGLE DAY.

What is it that I suggested? Intrigued by that one.

Live in a sectarian society, OK. Fills our news, Ok. I'm still trying to rationalise your comment that 'Most Shinners sectarianise about Protestants every single day'. What exactly is that based on?

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Lets recap:

Well if you are wondering, I work in an office with 7 men, 2 women. 1 prod, 8 catholics. Daily you hear stuff said about prods/unionism and of course the old enemy, sometimes very subtly (never by the woman, or the youngest lad).
I never met a protestant until I was 18. Derry is very, very badly divided socially. The only unionist area left on cityside is surrounded by a peace wall and cameras, there are no working class mixed areas in the city. Prods play in different local soccer league, dont play GAA, dont go to derry city games, mostly dont go to same schools, mostly dont drink in same bars. Until recently they shopped in limavady instead of coming across the bridge
Where is this fantastic non sectarian society that everyone is talking about?

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2021, 12:10:26 PM

Lets recap:

Well if you are wondering, I work in an office with 7 men, 2 women. 1 prod, 8 catholics. Daily you hear stuff said about prods/unionism and of course the old enemy, sometimes very subtly (never by the woman, or the youngest lad).
I never met a protestant until I was 18. Derry is very, very badly divided socially. The only unionist area left on cityside is surrounded by a peace wall and cameras, there are no working class mixed areas in the city. Prods play in different local soccer league, dont play GAA, dont go to derry city games, mostly dont go to same schools, mostly dont drink in same bars. Until recently they shopped in limavady instead of coming across the bridge

I refer you back to my first comment.

It's clearly a Derry thing.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on March 12, 2021, 12:04:27 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2021, 11:56:21 AM

Lets recap:

What is it that I suggested? Intrigued by that one.

Live in a sectarian society, OK. Fills our news, Ok. I'm still trying to rationalise your comment that 'Most Shinners sectarianise about Protestants every single day'. What exactly is that based on?

You suggested that there was something wrong with my head, come on man up to it and don't back down. I could probably take out thee every single day bit but the rest of the sentence is entirely accurate in my experience.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on March 12, 2021, 12:13:15 PM

Lets recap:

Lmfao
One word
Belfast

Franko

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2021, 12:20:37 PM

Lets recap:

Lmfao
One word
Belfast

Yeah, I've worked in an office in Belfast.  Nobody in there sectarianised about Protestants.  Ever.

Again, referring you back to earlier comments - if this is actually your life experience, you probably need to look at the people you are interacting with.

I can assure you that 'sectarianising about Protestants every single day' is most definitely not the norm for the rest of us.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Franko on March 12, 2021, 12:26:11 PM
Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on March 12, 2021, 12:20:37 PM

Lets recap:

Lmfao
One word
Belfast

Yeah, I've worked in an office in Belfast.  Nobody in there sectarianised about Protestants.  Ever.

Again, referring you back to earlier comments - if this is actually your life experience, you probably need to look at the people you are interacting with.

I can assure you that 'sectarianising about Protestants every single day' is most definitely not the norm for the rest of us.

Don't do it myself. Hi just thinking should someone have a wee look at those peace walls up there?

Snapchap

Saying we live in a society which is divided in terms of traditions/culture/sport/education etc is one thing - but that's a far cry away from justifying your specific claim that you could "guarantee that most northern nationalists have been involved in a conversation over the last week where something bad was said about protestants."

As I've stated already, I live in a very deeply republican community and I can say, hand on heart, that I don't know one single person in it who speaks disparagingly about Protestants. If you're not on the wind up and you actually do think most nationalists do so (and on at least a weekly basis), then you really do need your head examined.