Tyrone Club Football and Hurling

Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: ThroughTheLaces on March 07, 2016, 01:01:23 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on March 07, 2016, 12:29:26 AM
Quote from: GlenMan on March 07, 2016, 12:05:10 AM
Quote from: longballin on March 06, 2016, 10:57:36 PM
Does every GAA row now have to be about Tyrone? Damian Harvey and others tweeting about Kerry-Donegal game saying 'if that was Tyrone blah blah'... we're getting an awful complex altogether...

It is true. Tiernan McCann goes down easily and the country goes crazy - plastered over back pages, banned for months, harassed, abused online etc. But Kerry and Donegal game ends after several fist fights with blood drawn from quite a few players and it'll be forgotten after a day.

+1

And it has an impact, look at how all the nonsense in recent years put forward about Tyrone has played out. The young lads at the centre of the sledging incidents last year had their names dragged through the mud, untoward pressure was put on the disciplinary body to make up rules to ban McCann with similar incidents involving other counties going unpunished, the u21s had their AI title capture devalued by a load of sour grapes from Tipperary, instead of talking about the great performance of our players, all we were hearing was talk about sledging, cynicism etc.

We seem to be only one that has our history recorded in a log book and brought under the spotlight when it comes to unsavoury incidents, although I certainly believe any of the other northern sides would have to deal with the same treatment if they got up to our level.

Kerry, Mayo, Dublin etc have all been involved in a number of unsavoury, cynical and unsporting incidents in the past 4/5 years but these are all paid scant lip service to and don't follow them around as a result.

I do believe over the last 10-15 years Armagh have been up at 'your level' and don't recall them having to deal with such issues.  Maybe its because they didn't bring it upon themselves. 

I do agree that the whole Tiernan McCann thing was blown completely out of proportion and proposing an 8 week ban was ludicrous. But maybe a few bad apples have given the team and county a bad name, the actions of McMeniman over the years wouldn't have helped, nor the diving. But McCann was lucky not to get a suspension for his elbow in the McKenna Cup, and I don't believe there was much of a witch hunt after that?

But I don't doubt there is a very different approach when it comes to teams like Kerry, Dublin etc than Tyrone. I suppose we'll not know how the media react til any of the other northern teams get up you 'your level'  ::)

Armagh had about a 6/7 year period at the top and they certainly did have a lot of shit to put up with as well in that time.

As for the McCann thing, were you oblivious to the fall out after the McKenna Cup match, a pre-season, non-televised game, I may add.

longballin

What about get over it... very tedious... if that was Tyrone  :'(

omagh_gael

Damien Barton got significant tv air time from a Derry journalist on BBC about Tiarnan's altercation with Rodgers. This occured a week after the incident as well, if I recall correctly!

ThroughTheLaces

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 07, 2016, 04:17:52 PM
Damien Barton got significant tv air time from a Derry journalist on BBC about Tiarnan's altercation with Rodgers. This occured a week after the incident as well, if I recall correctly!

Fair point, and certainly with some things Tyrone can feel aggrieved, but we'll see how things pan out now with Neil McGee and what way Donegal react, I don't think they'll feel like there's a witch hunt. If you do something like what McCann did, Barton did or McGee did, you deserve your punishment.  Tyrone seem to massively go on the defensive in the aftermath of their incidents.  And maybe that does stem from them feeling picked on, or maybe it's something to admire that they all stand behind each other. But Barton took his punishment and I'm fairly certain whatever is handed out to McGee, he will accept as well. Maybe not :-\
The apple never falls far from the tree.

longballin

McCann incident was 7 or 8 months ago can we not just move on... Tyrone people drag it up as much as opponents

In hiding

Do any of you committee men on here know when the league fixtures are out ?

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: In hiding on March 08, 2016, 11:16:23 AM
Do any of you committee men on here know when the league fixtures are out ?

Apparently the hold up is that Mickey hasnt finalised his squad yet, so they cant sort out the starred games until that is done.
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

skeog

damian harvey be better getting his own club sorted the mess that they are in

winghalfback

Quote from: skeog on March 08, 2016, 04:38:12 PM
damian harvey be better getting his own club sorted the mess that they are in

What's wrong in cookstown now

skeog

a few people not pulling together

driveherin

Looks like Hampsey & HP McGeary are another 2 who are just going to sit on Mickey's bench all year.....

Redhand Santa

Did Hugh Pat not start two games ago? Also featured a lot in the McKenna Cup and came on in the first two league games. Hampsey got a few games in McKenna but only had substitute appearances since - its his first year and still young so maybe taking time to get up to the speed of it. Harte can only use 21 players for any match not sure what you want him to do.

Man Marker

Can you hear the bugle blow as the Calvary is sent in in the form of Redhand Santa, as the poster correctly said, Hampsey will sit on the bench all year, however he must have known that he would have to do that as this normally Hartes way.

Redhand Santa

Quote from: Man Marker on March 11, 2016, 09:40:13 AM
Can you hear the bugle blow as the Calvary is sent in in the form of Redhand Santa, as the poster correctly said, Hampsey will sit on the bench all year, however he must have known that he would have to do that as this normally Hartes way.

But what your saying is complete rubbish. He hasn't set on the bench all year. He's already started 3 games as can be seen below and made appearances twice as a sub. So he is been given chances and who knows if he'll get time in the rest of the league.

Tyrone team v Queens:
Tyrone – N Morgan 0-1 ('45); A McCrory, P Hampsey, HP McGeary 0-1; B Tierney, C Clarke, K McGeary; H Og Conlan, R Donnelly; C McShane, P Harte 0-2, N Sludden; M Bradley, R O'Neill 1-6 (3f), L Brennan 0-6 (5f). Subs: J Monroe 1-0 for Tierney, P McNulty for Sludden, S Cavanagh for Brennan, C McAliskey 1-0 for McShane, J McMahon 0-1 for Clarke

Tyrone team v Derry:
Tyrone: M O'Neill; A McCrory, P Hampsey, J Monroe (0-1); C Clarke, Justin McMahon, N Sludden (0-1); P McNulty, R Donnelly (0-4); D Mulgrew (0-1), P Harte (0-1), K McGeary; D McCurry (0-1), C McAliskey (0-5, 0-5 frees), P Quinn (1-0)

Tyrone team v Fermanagh
1 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
2 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
3 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
5 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór
6 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
7 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
8 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac
9 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10 – David Mulgrew – Ard Bó
11 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chochair
12 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
14 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
15 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair

Tyrone v Derry McKenna Cup final
TYRONE: N Morgan; C McCarron, R McNamee, HP McGeary 0-1; T McCann, Justin McMahon, B Tierney; C Cavanagh, C Clarke; H Óg Conlon, M Donnelly, C McShane 0-3; L Brennan 0-4 2f, R O'Neill 0-1, P Quinn. Subs: P McNulty, C Meyler 0-3 1f, and C McAliskey 0-3f, for Clarke, Quinn and Conlon (H-time), D McCurry 1-3, 1xpen, 1f, for O'Neill (47m), N Sludden 0-2 for McMahon (51m), J Monroe 0-1 for McShane (66m). Extra time subs: K McGeary, C McCann, P Hampsey, McShane

He also came off the bench in the Laois game.

time ticking away

Quote from: Redhand Santa on March 11, 2016, 11:03:07 AM
Quote from: Man Marker on March 11, 2016, 09:40:13 AM

But what your saying is complete rubbish. He hasn't set on the bench all year. He's already started 3 games as can be seen below and made appearances twice as a sub. So he is been given chances and who knows if he'll get time in the rest of the league.

Tyrone team v Queens:
Tyrone – N Morgan 0-1 ('45); A McCrory, P Hampsey, HP McGeary 0-1; B Tierney, C Clarke, K McGeary; H Og Conlan, R Donnelly; C McShane, P Harte 0-2, N Sludden; M Bradley, R O'Neill 1-6 (3f), L Brennan 0-6 (5f). Subs: J Monroe 1-0 for Tierney, P McNulty for Sludden, S Cavanagh for Brennan, C McAliskey 1-0 for McShane, J McMahon 0-1 for Clarke

Tyrone team v Derry:
Tyrone: M O'Neill; A McCrory, P Hampsey, J Monroe (0-1); C Clarke, Justin McMahon, N Sludden (0-1); P McNulty, R Donnelly (0-4); D Mulgrew (0-1), P Harte (0-1), K McGeary; D McCurry (0-1), C McAliskey (0-5, 0-5 frees), P Quinn (1-0)

Tyrone team v Fermanagh
1 – Michael O'Neill – Cluain Eo
2 – Jonathan Monroe – An Charraig Mhór
3 – Pádraig Hampsey – Oileán a'Ghuail
4 – Cathal McCarron – An Droim Mhór
5 – Niall Sludden – An Droim Mhór
6 – Rory Brennan – Trí Leac
7 – Kieran McGeary – Cabhán a'Chaortainn
8 – Richard Donnelly – Trí Leac
9 – Colm Cavanagh – An Mhaigh
10 – David Mulgrew – Ard Bó
11 – Conall McCann – Coill an Chochair
12 – Conor Meyler – An Omaigh
13 – Darren McCurry – Éadan na dTorc
14 – Connor McAliskey – Cluain Eo
15 – Mark Bradley – Coill an Chlochair

Tyrone v Derry McKenna Cup final
TYRONE: N Morgan; C McCarron, R McNamee, HP McGeary 0-1; T McCann, Justin McMahon, B Tierney; C Cavanagh, C Clarke; H Óg Conlon, M Donnelly, C McShane 0-3; L Brennan 0-4 2f, R O'Neill 0-1, P Quinn. Subs: P McNulty, C Meyler 0-3 1f, and C McAliskey 0-3f, for Clarke, Quinn and Conlon (H-time), D McCurry 1-3, 1xpen, 1f, for O'Neill (47m), N Sludden 0-2 for McMahon (51m), J Monroe 0-1 for McShane (66m). Extra time subs: K McGeary, C McCann, P Hampsey, McShane

He also came off the bench in the Laois game.
Redhand Santa i wish you were my guardian angel. You're nearly always the first to post an argument against any negative Mickey Harte/County team post. And as your previous post shows you're willing to really take your job seriously
canavan is the man canavan is the man ee aye adi ooh.......