Tour de France 2017

Started by bennydorano, June 30, 2017, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bennydorano

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 19, 2017, 01:22:25 PM
Quote from: maddog on July 19, 2017, 10:36:10 AM
Today should be a big moving day. I'd be backing froome or Bardet to win. Climb the Galibier and then a descent to the finish. Should suit both of them. Maybe they will let a breakaway build a big lead if there is noone of note in it. We will see however if Bardet has any ambitions of winning he has to attack today and tomorrow to gain some kind of cushion before the TT. Shame about Dan Martin yesterday. Bit of sickness throughout the team and got caught out by the crosswinds.

Why was the whole team helping the green jersey though? Surely Martin should have been closer to the front at least.
Interesting listening to Boardman last night he thought it was the right call. The Green jersey is something tangible to win / protect.  Martin's best chance is (was) Top 3 at very best. So they were playing the percentages; irony now being that Kittel has a savage fight on his hands for green from Matthews. It also could've just been an on the hoof balls up.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: bennydorano on July 19, 2017, 02:11:02 PM
Today should be a big moving day. I'd be backing froome or Bardet to win. Climb the Galibier and then a descent to the finish. Should suit both of them. Maybe they will let a breakaway build a big lead if there is noone of note in it. We will see however if Bardet has any ambitions of winning he has to attack today and tomorrow to gain some kind of cushion before the TT. Shame about Dan Martin yesterday. Bit of sickness throughout the team and got caught out by the crosswinds.

Why was the whole team helping the green jersey though? Surely Martin should have been closer to the front at least.
Interesting listening to Boardman last night he thought it was the right call. The Green jersey is something tangible to win / protect.  Martin's best chance is (was) Top 3 at very best. So they were playing the percentages; irony now being that Kittel has a savage fight on his hands for green from Matthews. It also could've just been an on the hoof balls up.

Kittel has just abandoned.

magpie seanie

Quote from: anportmorforjfc on July 19, 2017, 02:19:58 PM
Quote from: bennydorano on July 19, 2017, 02:11:02 PM

Kittel has just abandoned.

Even before the abandonment I thought it was the wrong call.

bennydorano

Percentage playing going badly wrong there then.

Aerlik

Once again, SBS Australia steps up to the mark and has live footage of every stage from start to finish.  Great stuff.  The cricket fans don't get it, but I tell them it's like a role reversal. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

bennydorano

Eventhough I missed a fair chunk when on holidays it's been the best Tour in a right few years as well.