Tour de France 2017

Started by bennydorano, June 30, 2017, 06:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hardy

Quote from: Hound on July 05, 2017, 11:43:32 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 04, 2017, 10:55:53 PM
Deliberate. Overhead shot shows him firing the elbow out. Cav appeared to have his head riden over by whoever was behind him.
I thought that first too, but disagree completely now. You have to look at both the overhead and the front on, and there's a still shot from overhead that is actually misleading. When it's slowed down, its clear Sagan's elbow only comes out immediately after the collision. Cav is already on his way down and Sagan's elbow comes out to help himself balance. I think Cav was gone whether the elbow came out or not.

At least that's my view! The 30 sec penalty may have been justified for closing the door, but it seems extraordinarily harsh to kick him out. 

And he's not even from Dublin!

Tony Baloney

Shall look again. I thought the front on footage showed a bit of movement in the elbow but was fairly innocuous. I thought the overhead showed a clear elbow to Cav. Will check it out. Would agree that is harsh to DQ him but Cav is fucked so he'll not shed many tears over him.

Hound

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 05, 2017, 12:09:33 PM
Shall look again. I thought the front on footage showed a bit of movement in the elbow but was fairly innocuous. I thought the overhead showed a clear elbow to Cav. Will check it out. Would agree that is harsh to DQ him but Cav is fucked so he'll not shed many tears over him.
TG4 just showed it there. I don't think there's any question that the elbow came out after Cav was already going down, so played no part in the fall. But he did veer over towards Cav in the first place.

From the overhead angle, it looks like the elbow is designed to make sure Cav stays down, so it does look really bad at first glance. But as I said, it was a split second after the event, and from the front angle I believe the elbow only went out as a balancing act.

Eamonnca1

SHEEDY

Brillant ride by dan martin today, a stage win is surely not to far away.
nil satis nisi optimum

Eamonnca1

4th overall! Could be interesting. I remember getting excited watching Sean Kelly hold steady in the top ten, until he broke his collarbone. I think that was about 88 or 89ish...

maddog

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 06, 2017, 09:14:33 PM
4th overall! Could be interesting. I remember getting excited watching Sean Kelly hold steady in the top ten, until he broke his collarbone. I think that was about 88 or 89ish...

Think the Kelly crash was 87 the year of Roches triple crown.

The Subbie

Quote from: maddog on July 06, 2017, 10:25:21 PM
Quote from: Eamonnca1 on July 06, 2017, 09:14:33 PM

Think the Kelly crash was 87 the year of Roches drug assistedtriple crown.

Fixed that up for you there, no bother at all.

Aaron Boone

Froome just the type to hang on to Paris in two weeks. Best rider in the best team.

Orior

Holy f&*$

I used to watch this guy on the Tour de France

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/40529614
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

The Subbie

f**king hell !!

I remember reading this book in New York in 2009
https://www.amazon.com.au/Search-Robert-Millar-Unravelling-ebook/dp/B002RI9ZYA
The only reason I bought it is because I remembered watching him on Ch 4 and wanted something different to read.

Ah well as long as he's happy I suppose.

quit yo jibbajabba

worlds couped.

ah good luck to him/her. just weird seeing them. thon frank Maloney also

omaghjoe

Quote from: Orior on July 07, 2017, 11:00:22 AM
Holy f&*$

I used to watch this guy on the Tour de France

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cycling/40529614

:o With cycling's reputation its kinda hard not to be suspicious about the root cause... would say that could be B to K Jenner's key factor also.

oakleaflad

Gruelling stage today. Porte and Thomas's tours are over through injury after crashes. Dan Martin extremely unlucky to get caught up in the Porte crash and lost time on the yellow jersey. Bad form from Aru attacking when Froome had the mechanical. Photo finish at the end. The stage had everything.

mrdeeds

Should they not have waited for Dan?