2017 AFL Season

Started by Aerlik, March 16, 2017, 03:55:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TabClear

Quote from: The Subbie on September 17, 2017, 01:43:37 AM
The veteran Steve Johnson played a blinder for GWS kicking 6 goals to humiliate West Coast Eagles 125-58.

It's down to 4 now with Adelaide Crows V Geelong cats in Adelaide oval next Friday then GWS v Richmond in the MCG on Sat, I think it will be a Crows V Tigers grand final but the way some games have gone this year who knows.

League table doesn't lie.  Top 4 over the regular season in the last 4. Surprised at the Swans capitulation to the Cats. Dangerfield is something special.

The Subbie

Quote from: TabClear on September 17, 2017, 09:18:48 AM
Quote from: The Subbie on September 17, 2017, 01:43:37 AM
The veteran Steve Johnson played a blinder for GWS kicking 6 goals to humiliate West Coast Eagles 125-58.

It's down to 4 now with Adelaide Crows V Geelong cats in Adelaide oval next Friday then GWS v Richmond in the MCG on Sat, I think it will be a Crows V Tigers grand final but the way some games have gone this year who knows.

League table doesn't lie.  Top 4 over the regular season in the last 4. Surprised at the Swans capitulation to the Cats. Dangerfield is something special.

Yes, I honestly thought the swans had got a bit of momentum at the right time but watching them the other night was like watching the swans at the start of the season.
Dangerfield ran the show all right, it'll be interesting to see how he goes against his old club

GaillimhIarthair

Huge win for Adelaide over Geelong in the first of the semi-finals today, 136 to 75, the game was more or less over as a contest by HT.

The Subbie

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on September 22, 2017, 01:32:39 PM
Huge win for Adelaide over Geelong in the first of the semi-finals today, 136 to 75, the game was more or less over as a contest by HT.
Yeah they won pulling up
It would be hard to get a bet on them to win the GF now
The pick of the tigers & GWS wouldn't beat them

An Astrail

Well, Tigers it is. They put a lot into the game against GWS and were first to the ball most of the time. Giants never really got a sniff.

Crows should be too good for them on Saturday - but if this season has taught us anything, it's that whatever you think you know about football, you don't know. With all the strange results who's to say we won't get another one.

Interesting with all the blowouts in the AFL finals that three Grand Finals yesterday in the VFL, SANFL and TAC Cup (U19s) were decided by less than a goal with at least two of them having kicks after the siren to win (one scored, one not).

TabClear

Quote from: An Astrail on September 25, 2017, 01:02:40 AM
Well, Tigers it is. They put a lot into the game against GWS and were first to the ball most of the time. Giants never really got a sniff.

Crows should be too good for them on Saturday - but if this season has taught us anything, it's that whatever you think you know about football, you don't know. With all the strange results who's to say we won't get another one.

Interesting with all the blowouts in the AFL finals that three Grand Finals yesterday in the VFL, SANFL and TAC Cup (U19s) were decided by less than a goal with at least two of them having kicks after the siren to win (one scored, one not).

I dont remember a season like this for the amount of one sided games.

Have to say that I was really impressed with the Crows on Saturday, their midfielders have a serious work ethic and Betts/Tex will always get you goals.

That being said Richmond were really good as well. Martin has that ability like very few others (Judd, Ablett, Dangerfield, Fyfe in recent years) in that he can blow a team away in a quarter by getting on the ball constantly. Alex Rance is the best defender in the AFl by a distance and Riewoldt is capable of kicking 4 or 5. Rioli had a great game at the weekend, some of his flicks and touches were Cryil-esqe.

I'm going to go for the Crows by about 20 points

TabClear

Cotchin cleared by Match Review Panel. Big boost to the Tigers

The Subbie

Quote from: TabClear on September 25, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

He's a lucky boy, he opened him!!!

TabClear

Quote from: The Subbie on September 25, 2017, 10:27:16 PM
Quote from: TabClear on September 25, 2017, 01:22:47 PM

He's a lucky boy, he opened him!!!

Definitely lucky especially considering he had 2 strikes earlier in the year for jumper punches. Think the MRP were slightly lenient given the game he would have missed!

An Astrail

I think Cotchin was saved in that both players momentum was down towards the ball. But in the regular season the contact with the head would have seen him get a week regardless. Being a Grand Final I think they put a whole lot more weight on the mitigants and let him off.

TC, the season itself was notably light on blow out games, especially in the first half. But the finals - apart from the Port Adelaide v West Coast game - have been nothing but blowouts.

TabClear

Quote from: An Astrail on September 27, 2017, 02:43:46 AM
I think Cotchin was saved in that both players momentum was down towards the ball. But in the regular season the contact with the head would have seen him get a week regardless. Being a Grand Final I think they put a whole lot more weight on the mitigants and let him off.

TC, the season itself was notably light on blow out games, especially in the first half. But the finals - apart from the Port Adelaide v West Coast game - have been nothing but blowouts.

Yeah I meant the Finals. Normally they are really tight but this year I can only remember one that had a meaningful 4th quarter.

The season overall was one of the most open ever with lots of the top teams dropping points in matches against teams well down the ladder.

As an aside Martin wins the brownlow with a record tally. Good timing given he was negotiating his new contract this year. He had some season.

Aside number 2. Looks like Gazza is going to finish his career at the Cats after all.  Selwood, Dangerfield and Ablett. .., not a bad trio!

The Subbie

Quote from: The Subbie on September 22, 2017, 10:30:18 PM
Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on September 22, 2017, 01:32:39 PM
Yeah they won pulling up
It would be hard to get a bet on them to win the GF now
The pick of the tigers & GWS wouldn't beat them

Bit of humble pie for myself , the Tigers destroyed the Crows in a very one sided GRand Final.
The tigers defence completely shut out what is usually a rampant Crows forward unit, Rance in particular having a brilliant day at the back.
Dusty ran riot up front for the tigers.
A bit of a damp squib of a final to be honest, the Killers Plato g before were very good though !

Rossfan

Final score and official names of both teams please.
Thanks.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stephenite

Quote from: Rossfan on September 30, 2017, 10:49:34 AM
Final score and official names of both teams please.
Thanks.

Richmond Tigers - 108 (16.12)
Adelaide Crows - 60 (8.12)

Rossfan

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM