Sinn Fein? They have gone away, you know.

Started by Trevor Hill, January 18, 2010, 12:28:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 16, 2018, 03:14:49 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2018, 02:37:40 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 16, 2018, 12:59:43 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2018, 12:54:12 PM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 16, 2018, 12:30:59 PM
Quote from: gallsman on January 16, 2018, 10:38:16 AM
Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 16, 2018, 10:30:29 AM
I represent myself and an aversion for having to be shamed for standing up for yourself when nobody else will.

I didn't realise ranting about fine Gael and calling your fellow countrymen free staters was standing up for your identity. Go you.

No that's unmasking those who stand on the pedestal pontificating and moralising. They have a load of murky business they need to deal with. It's been given lip service in the media this week but FG and the Free State Government continue to let down the McAnespie family and their quest for justice. They have no problem trumpeting the likes of Austin Stack however and balance and transparency is very important.
The pontificators read the political tealeaves better than you did. McElduff's position was untenable.

And the pontificators are notable in the lack of sincerity and opportunism in this regard. As usual SF are held to higher standards than any other political party on this island. Why aren't you notable in tackling your own state's ills?
I have analysed them on the radio as Gaeilge.
What have you done?

You have done no such thing. I have given balanced views. You seem to go missing when the Free State establishment parties are presiding over hushed scandal after buried scandal.

The media's unwillingness to tackle Michael Noonan on the recent Grace scandal a prime example.
I have been documenting the lamentable state of the Southern institutions since 2009.
What about you ?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: Syferus on January 16, 2018, 03:16:08 PM
Denial doesn't count as discussion.

Neither does ignorance and that's your only input.

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2018, 03:16:25 PM
I represent myself and an aversion for having to be shamed for standing up for yourself when nobody else will.

I didn't realise ranting about fine Gael and calling your fellow countrymen free staters was standing up for your identity. Go you.

No that's unmasking those who stand on the pedestal pontificating and moralising. They have a load of murky business they need to deal with. It's been given lip service in the media this week but FG and the Free State Government continue to let down the McAnespie family and their quest for justice. They have no problem trumpeting the likes of Austin Stack however and balance and transparency is very important.
The pontificators read the political tealeaves better than you did. McElduff's position was untenable.

And the pontificators are notable in the lack of sincerity and opportunism in this regard. As usual SF are held to higher standards than any other political party on this island. Why aren't you notable in tackling your own state's ills?
What have you done?

You have done no such thing. I have given balanced views. You seem to go missing when the Free State establishment parties are presiding over hushed scandal after buried scandal.

The media's unwillingness to tackle Michael Noonan on the recent Grace scandal a prime example.
I have been documenting the lamentable state of the Southern institutions since 2009.
What about you ?

Doesn't really seem to tally with actuality. I give a balanced and objective view on matters.

trueblue1234

What have you done?

To be fair, Seafoid at least posts on the issues. Might struggle to follow the point of his posts in some cases but he doesn't go into hiding when discussions turn closer to home unlike some posters. Credit where it's due.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 16, 2018, 03:35:34 PM

What have you done?

What about you ?

Doesn't really seem to tally with actuality. I give a balanced and objective view on matters.
Say something nice about Fine Gael then

Il Bomber Destro

Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2018, 03:40:17 PM

What have you done?

What about you ?

There's nothing nice to say about them. Their attitude to Northern nationalists would shame all the devils on hell.

naka

Quote from: Therealdonald on January 15, 2018, 04:38:34 PM
Anyone who thinks this seat is there for the taking is seriously delusional. Both West Tyrone and Mid-Ulster are the safest seats for SF at the minute. Quit clutching at straws Owen. If there is going to be a victims campaigner stand, then be under no illusions SF will put in a big name,  personally would like to see Peter the Great stand.
genuine question why?
is peter an active on the ground campaigner/worker
if he is fair play
no agenda on this but feel we need real politicians because there is a shit storm coming with Brexit

Rossfan

How many Northern Nationalists have Fine Gael murdered and how many have they kneecapped,  "disappeared" exiled beaten with baseball bats or the like.
How does their record in that regard compare to Provo IRA/SF?
Which side would shame more of the devils "on Hell"?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

seafoid

Quote from: Il Bomber Destro on January 16, 2018, 03:46:25 PM
Quote from: seafoid on January 16, 2018, 03:40:17 PM

What have you done?

What about you ?

There's nothing nice to say about them. Their attitude to Northern nationalists would shame all the devils on hell.
Have balanced and objective been taken away for interrogation?

Applesisapples

Quote from: Rossfan on January 16, 2018, 03:59:57 PM
How many Northern Nationalists have Fine Gael murdered and how many have they kneecapped,  "disappeared" exiled beaten with baseball bats or the like.
Rossfan, in fairness SF have not done any of this either you are straying into TUV policy here. There has also been a ceasefire for the last 20 years and there has to come a time when SF's past connections to the then active IRA becomes irrelevant. Especially now as many of the younger representatives joined post cease fire. Reprehensible as some of Bombers posts are he reacts at times to comments from people like yourself who have no idea of what life was like for Northern Nationalists of my generation (55+) growing up in a state reflected and to some extent still does only reflect British Protestant culture and identity. FG and FF need to stop this as well and to challenge SF on actual policy. With the exception of the SDLP and Alliance every other major political party on this island has been born out of violence or the threat of violence, so people in glass houses etc...As for Bomber everytime he refers to the freestate or freestaters his argument is lost as all anyone sees is the insult, your IRA/SF is exactly the same type of trolling.

tonto1888

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 16, 2018, 04:19:54 PM
Rossfan, in fairness SF have not done any of this either you are straying into TUV policy here. There has also been a ceasefire for the last 20 years and there has to come a time when SF's past connections to the then active IRA becomes irrelevant. Especially now as many of the younger representatives joined post cease fire. Reprehensible as some of Bombers posts are he reacts at times to comments from people like yourself who have no idea of what life was like for Northern Nationalists of my generation (55+) growing up in a state reflected and to some extent still does only reflect British Protestant culture and identity. FG and FF need to stop this as well and to challenge SF on actual policy. With the exception of the SDLP and Alliance every other major political party on this island has been born out of violence or the threat of violence, so people in glass houses etc...As for Bomber everytime he refers to the freestate or freestaters his argument is lost as all anyone sees is the insult, your IRA/SF is exactly the same type of trolling.

good post, put a lot better than I could have done

Rossfan

I don't like to use the IRA/SF thing but they were the same grouping from 1970 to 2005.
SF are only now beginning to knock the odd Provo atrocity.
I was responding to Bombast's nonsense and all those things I mentioned were visited upon the Nationalists by the Provo IRA.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Syferus

Quote from: Applesisapples on January 16, 2018, 04:19:54 PM

Gerry might want to admit his personal connections if he wants that to happen. Do you not see why people can't take SF seriously about moving on when their own leader can't admit to what is common knowledge, let alone move past it?
Mary Lou and her northern puppet's response to McElduff shows they're still operating from the same old playbook.

If I'm being generous I'd say Mary Lou is the sort of transitional leader who is unlikely to do anything to change SF's toxic reputation in Irish society but she may be a necessary leader given how the party has set itself up. Doherty seems a much more able leader and I would hope he will have the balls to tackle the past when Mary Lou is eventually ousted, for poor election results in all likelihood.

Il Bomber Destro

How many have SF?