Official Cavan GAA Thread

Started by BallyhaiseMan, November 10, 2006, 01:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duckquay

I'd imagine mcguinness will be approached and he would be a serious coup but I can't see it happening.
It will be a local man in all probability, one has already a potential backroom team in place and another is considering going for it or not. All to be finalised before the end of August anyway supposedly.

Itchy

Damien Donohoe on Twitter report Mcguinness a non runner and Peter Reilly declined to apply. Shame on both counts. That leaves Jason Reilly and Mickey Graham internal candidates. Not to mention the former groundsman who is also saying he will apply.

I heard nothing on outside men.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2018, 06:31:46 PM
Damien Donohoe on Twitter report Mcguinness a non runner and Peter Reilly declined to apply. Shame on both counts. That leaves Jason Reilly and Mickey Graham internal candidates. Not to mention the former groundsman who is also saying he will apply.

I heard nothing on outside men.

Outsiders are Horan and Connerton.

rodney trotter

Can't see Horan taking it either. He is managing Westport ,and couldn't give the commitment 2 years ago due to his work with Coca Cola.

The lads in the Celt clinging onto that he didn't rule himself out the last time.  It will be Mickey Graham or Jason

Horan also stated he couldn't see himself managing another County, bar Mayo,

Reilly.http://www.the42.ie/james-horan-can-only-see-himself-coaching-mayo-3834302-Feb2018/

Westside

Jesus lads we're left with Mickey Graham and Jason Reilly at the front of the queue... So so disappointing that this is who we're looking at. Surely there's managers that have done well with Dublin clubs operating at a high level that would be interested.

tommysmith

Mickey will be the next Longford manager I think. Supposably his if he wants it and I would imagine it would be a easier ride compared to Cavan for his first intercounty job.

Itchy

Of all the inside candidates I'd have gone with Peter Reilly. Disappointed he withdrew.

Is Tony mcentee in the mix?

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 30, 2018, 11:47:43 PM
Of all the inside candidates I'd have gone with Peter Reilly. Disappointed he withdrew.

He was mentioned early on but no mention now.

Itchy

Quote from: mrdeeds on July 31, 2018, 09:41:23 AM

Word is that in Mayo there will be a lot of back room changes but Rochford is staying put.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Itchy on July 31, 2018, 12:09:54 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 31, 2018, 09:41:23 AM

Word is that in Mayo there will be a lot of back room changes but Rochford is staying put.

Yeah new selectors anyway.

rodney trotter

Wouldn't have a problem with Mickey Graham getting it. He has proved is he is a good manager at Club Level after a poor spell as Minor manager. Back to back County titles with Mullinalaghta and unlucky not to reach Leinster Club final. He reached a Longford final with Clonguish too in 2011. Club titles with Butlersbridge and Drumalee.

He would get a good backroom team around team. I'd prefer him over Jason Reilly as manager.

mrdeeds

McEntee is stepping down from Mayo.

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: Westside on July 30, 2018, 09:19:00 PM
Jesus lads we're left with Mickey Graham and Jason Reilly at the front of the queue... So so disappointing that this is who we're looking at. Surely there's managers that have done well with Dublin clubs operating at a high level that would be interested.

I very rarely disagree with anything you post Westside, but i have to here.. I definitely don't want anything from Dublin unless its Pat Gilroy or maybe Pillar Caffrey. Andy McEntee for his success with Ballyboden has done nothing with Meath,and Ive heard some horror stories over  some former Dublin greats as managers.
Rodney,you're a Lacken man,how highly would Jason be rated in your club after winning the Intermediate Championship with them?

rodney trotter

He was ok. He was helped by Finbar Reilly,. Jason Reilly didn't seem great tactically, in the Intermedaite replay  Finbar Reilly was making the calls, and he was playing on the field.. He had success with Cavan Gaels last year. Crotty and Eamon Reilly would have been a help there. He would need good people around him , but most managers do.
Lacken was his first Job so he might have improved since then. He managed Belturbet after Lacken and got them promoted in Division 2, but they were involved in a Relegation play off that same year in Intermediate against Drung.

mrdeeds

Wow some start tonight in championship. Surely Conor Smith deserves a chance with county.