Tyrone v Armagh

Started by ONeill, July 10, 2011, 07:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFS

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2011, 11:23:32 PM
It's odd, to me, that McKeever is seen as a big loss. I think that he has always been a liability in terms of being CHB against good teams. He might be a good leader (must be - wasn't he captain when Armagh won the U21s?) but always seemed to struggle against good speedy players.

McKeever is very like McGeeney. McGeeney would've struggled marking the odd player too, but it was his presence, positional play, huge physicality and drive out of defence that made him so integral. McKeever is every bit as important to Armagh now as McGeeney was then.

Blowitupref

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 21, 2011, 11:34:02 PM
Agreed. I'd be somewhat surprised to see Stevie Mc at FF (as opposed to CHF), especially with Big Joe in there.
Yeah i thought McDonnell was No11 now.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

armaghniac

QuoteCould be an absolute master stroke changing up his tactics and keeping his opponents guessing as he's reinventing his mangement style!

Why would Harte bother with managerial genius against the present Armagh setup. It isn't 2005, you know.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

GAAboardmod1

If players personal lives start appearing then bans will start, common sense.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: armaghniac on July 22, 2011, 12:03:12 AM
QuoteCould be an absolute master stroke changing up his tactics and keeping his opponents guessing as he's reinventing his mangement style!

Why would Harte bother with managerial genius against the present Armagh setup. It isn't 2005, you know.

I don't think he can switch off like that, it's not in the DNA of the man.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ziggysego on July 22, 2011, 01:03:30 AM
Apparently the game will be streamed online, here:

http://www.footbo.com/Blogs/73063-watch_Tyrone_vs_Armagh_live_online_streaming

The GAA passed a motion last week which banned the streaming of games while other games were on, so I'd doubt it'll be streamed.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

omagh_gael

Haven't heard anything re Justin being injured Fuzzman but he mustn't be right if he's not starting.

I for one hope McKeever isn't playing. Think he's a huge player for Armagh and is a sticky hard marking player who inspires others around him. Tyrone's forward line will have an easier night if he isn't breathing down their necks.

PAULD123

Quote from: Fear ón Srath Bán on July 21, 2011, 11:24:36 PM
                                                     Pascal McConnell

Martin Swift / Jamie Clarke     Joe Mc Mahon / Stevie Mc Donnell      Ryan Mc Menamin / Micheal O'Rourke

Sean O'Neill / Malachy Mackin     Conor Gormley / Billy Joe Padden     Philip Jordan / Johnny Hanratty

Kevin Hughes / Charlie Vernon     James Lavery / Sean Cavanagh

Colm Cavanagh / Finnian Moriarity     Brian McGuigan / Kevin Dyas     Peter Harte / Aaron Kernan

Tommy Mc Guigan / Paul Duffy     Mark Donnelly / Brendan Donaghy     Kyle Coney / Andy Mallon

Paul Hearty *

* Projected pair-offs.

If it works out like this then Tyrone will have to switch the Jamie Clarke marker. Clarke would destroy Swift. However given the other match-ups, Armagh may struggle to get the ball to Clarke to do any damage.

Personally I think BJP should be pushed into centre forward. He is no No.14 i know that but he has decent hands, and most importantly is really hard working. I think he could cause problems fro McMahon by movement and just being a general nuisance. That would allow Stevie to drop to CHF where he seemed to do okay in the last game (from reports, obviously I didn't see the game).

Tyrone forward line does not look formidable and is long way from the days of O'Neill, Canavan, Mulligan.

I'm not as certain now as I was that Tyrone will win, but I'd still make them slight favorites

Goats Do Shave

It's going to be WWIII in & around midfield!!

LeoMc

Quote from: ONeill on July 21, 2011, 10:34:08 PM
Sean O'Neill worries me slightly in terms of his defensive duties but sure Davy wasn't an expert at that discipline either.

Same here but I think he deserves his chance. This is the perfect time to do it as Armaghs half forwards would not be the most attack minded.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on July 22, 2011, 01:11:17 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on July 22, 2011, 01:03:30 AM
Apparently the game will be streamed online, here:

http://www.footbo.com/Blogs/73063-watch_Tyrone_vs_Armagh_live_online_streaming

The GAA passed a motion last week which banned the streaming of games while other games were on, so I'd doubt it'll be streamed.

There are no other games on at that time, derry v Kildare on at 4 and down v cork on @ 6
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

SuperHo

swift/clark - when swifty was 18 he marked wee peter in a club game.   peter took one score off him.  clark's a class act but still not quite peter

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: SuperHo on July 22, 2011, 11:13:56 AM
swift/clark - when swifty was 18 he marked wee peter in a club game.   peter took one score off him.  clark's a class act but still not quite peter

What age was wee Peter?

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: PAULD123 on July 22, 2011, 07:54:48 AM
If it works out like this then Tyrone will have to switch the Jamie Clarke marker. Clarke would destroy Swift...

I wouldn't be so sure about that at all - Swift did well in the Donegal game, that last-second (decisive) fumble apart, and he's becoming more comfortable in the full-back line at county level with each game.

Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...