Club transfers

Started by SCFC, March 21, 2015, 03:15:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SCFC

Not just Mark Dunne. Paddy and Paul Dunne also left Rosenallis for The Rock.
And I'm pretty sure a guy called Brian Fitzpatrick also took the same route. And Phil Peake could also possibly be from Rosenallis.

Neutralobserver

Quote from: SCFC on December 03, 2019, 05:56:52 PM
Not just Mark Dunne. Paddy and Paul Dunne also left Rosenallis for The Rock.
And I'm pretty sure a guy called Brian Fitzpatrick also took the same route. And Phil Peake could also possibly be from Rosenallis.

Are you serious? Why would rosenallis take them back then? And is that the same paddy over them with the guy from galway. Jesus that's messy or how would they have the nerve to return after that period of time or was it just that there was no team there at that time? Committee and players must be a quiet bunch up there

The Boy Wonder

Neutralobserver - in my humble opinion you're totally out of order with your derogatory remarks on John O'Loughlin's transfer back to Rosenallis. That lad has given his all to the county since he first wore the jersey. If he had stayed playing with Rosenallis when he was younger then the chances are he would never have developed into the player he was and is. The Rosenallis club has made magnificent progress in the past 10-15 years and it will be great to see JOL togging out in the colours of his home parish.

Laoiseabu

I expect Rosenallis with OLoughlin to be fairly snug at senior next year . Sure wouldn't they be every bit as good as Ballyfin who nearly got to a senior final this year .

Neutralobserver

Quote from: The Boy Wonder on December 04, 2019, 12:00:38 AM
Neutralobserver - in my humble opinion you're totally out of order with your derogatory remarks on John O'Loughlin's transfer back to Rosenallis. That lad has given his all to the county since he first wore the jersey. If he had stayed playing with Rosenallis when he was younger then the chances are he would never have developed into the player he was and is. The Rosenallis club has made magnificent progress in the past 10-15 years and it will be great to see JOL togging out in the colours of his home parish.

your telling me that every good player that does not play senior with their own club should leave their home club to further their own career. im not disputing the fact that o loughlin is a good player and that he has given everything to his county.  he has been a magnificent servant but why rosenallis now when they gone to senior? he will be a serious addition to that team and there is no doubting that but it just leaves me amazed that when rosenallis needed him most he was no where to be seen along with all the other players mentioned in this thread from rosenallis.

all you have to do is look back at the brian daly saga a few years back, how did that leave barrowhouse feeling??  and thats just to mention 1.

From the Terrace

I dont know why people on here have to find a issue with everything. Its surely a good thing for Laois football JOL is back kicking in Laois, Also for Rosenallis a great addition.

TheGiantSquid

Was he not trying to get a move to Portlaoise a few years ago?

Neutralobserver

Quote from: TheGiantSquid on December 04, 2019, 06:22:43 PM

It gets better and better... so it's not for the love of rosenallis he is doing this.... why did that not go through?

portlaoisekid

No, rumour we all heard but it had no truth in reality.

portlaoisekid

Quote from: Neutralobserver on December 04, 2019, 09:06:24 PM

It gets better and better... so it's not for the love of rosenallis he is doing this.... why did that not go through?
because it never happened.

Lads are really losing the heads over nothing here, player goes back to his original club.It makes sense, if he did rock up at Portlaoise it would look bad but to go home, there is no issue.Calm down.

Blow-in

Agreed. Great to see him back in the Laois championships

Ballyroan Abbey

Transfers were heard last night any of note?
Believe Murray didnt put his in for Rosenallis after, Cillian Mc from Ballypickas to Abbeyleix was heard however

Jd

Rob Tyrell gone to Courtwood for football according to Laois today. Good one for Courtwood. Obviously wanted to play football at a better level and Camross don't really take it too seriously

Helix.

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/01/25/boost-for-laois-club-as-former-kildare-footballer-transfers-in/?fbclid=IwAR3FxfWrkAtiLrpB5EAnCbGAoeB332XFLxO36f4AsL7E5TgnFopfIzFKyt8

A nice coup for St Joseph's Eoghan O'Flaherty will be a welcome addition to the team. Plenty of experience with Kildare over the years.

No idea whether any internal transfers this year.

The PRO

Quote from: Helix. on January 25, 2022, 03:06:00 PM
https://www.laoistoday.ie/2022/01/25/boost-for-laois-club-as-former-kildare-footballer-transfers-in/?fbclid=IwAR3FxfWrkAtiLrpB5EAnCbGAoeB332XFLxO36f4AsL7E5TgnFopfIzFKyt8

A nice coup for St Joseph's Eoghan O'Flaherty will be a welcome addition to the team. Plenty of experience with Kildare over the years.

No idea whether any internal transfers this year.
About 35 now I reckon. Joe's could get a couple of good years out of him.