Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LeoMc

I have said a few times now that changing the Manager would be unlikely to bring about a change in style. However the game has changed (forward Mark) and we now have players capable of taking advantage of that. Perhaps Mickey is capable of evolving the game plan now that he has the players but it has got to the stage where a fresh voice is needed. Maybe, as has been alluded to, Mickey does not talk to the players and it is his back room team that needs freshened up.
The Managerial sub-team of the County board should be taking a sounding from senior/ central players to find out their opinion. If they want a fresh voice go get them one.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 11:23:02 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
What would be the point in giving harte one or even two more years? Nothing will change and we will have wasted yet more time and more talent. It's a fuckin disgrace that we are letting mickey decide for himself when he should go. I wonder how MC curry feels this morning? Worked hard on his game, found a nice but of form, then gets taken off after looking a big threat. And 'petey' playing pure shite and stays on.

Who would you give the job to?
I think we need to put together a team of men. A good manager, good coaches, get Peter Donnelly back for s/c.

southtyronegael

Backroom team has been changed lots already, including last year and made no difference.

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:35:36 AM
Quote from: Angelo on November 02, 2020, 11:23:02 AM
Quote from: southtyronegael on November 02, 2020, 11:19:34 AM
What would be the point in giving harte one or even two more years? Nothing will change and we will have wasted yet more time and more talent. It's a fuckin disgrace that we are letting mickey decide for himself when he should go. I wonder how MC curry feels this morning? Worked hard on his game, found a nice but of form, then gets taken off after looking a big threat. And 'petey' playing pure shite and stays on.

Who would you give the job to?
I think we need to put together a team of men. A good manager, good coaches, get Peter Donnelly back for s/c.

Not exactly a resounding success in Monaghan either having being pegged back by a fitter Cavan team. I don't think fitness is an issue for Tyrone, they had many chances especially in that last ten minutes yesterday to do something with the ball. They didn't. Tyrone don't do well with chasing games, a side effect to the way the team is set up by and large.

southtyronegael

O Rourke, MC Guinness, Rochford, canavan, Logan, dooher, Holmes,  tally, Ricey, MC gleenan. I'm sure we could put together an excellent team from that group.

An Watcher

southtyronegael

RedHand88

Now gavin would be a hell of a swoop. As we all know though, Tyrone don't go outside the county. Would the policy be broken if Gavin was interested?

Ty4Sam

I would imagine Harte is the highest paid inter-county coach, maybe I'm wrong? If that is the case and the county board are prepared to continue paying such wages that means that everyone is within range, financially wise. The decision will come down to whether the proposed manager wants it for other reasons. What reasons would McGuinness not take the job if approached? Would it be because its a neighbouring county? Also, why would Tyrone not put the feelers out to see if he was interested, would be criminal not to.

Of course all of this discussion is hypothetical as the county board and delegates may decide to stick with Harte. A mistake in my eyes, the county is crying out for a fresh outlook albeit no success is guaranteed. Another point, in the absense of physical county board meetings this could hold up the process at a time when we could be preparing for next year.

Tyrone Gaa

Not sure about finances but how can anyone back up Micky is the highest paid county manager?? I'd love to see the evidence to back this up. 

I don't see the need to go outside the county for management. Our clubs do this regularly paying big money and it rarely produces the results.
Living the dream!!!

Ty4Sam

Quote from: Tyrone Gaa on November 02, 2020, 12:31:53 PM
Not sure about finances but how can anyone back up Micky is the highest paid county manager?? I'd love to see the evidence to back this up. 

I don't see the need to go outside the county for management. Our clubs do this regularly paying big money and it rarely produces the results.

You'll never see the evidence of that hence it was my opinion. Who do you think would be higher paid currently?

nrico2006

Fair play to Mckernan for shutting Brolly up.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

RedHand88

Quote from: Ty4Sam on November 02, 2020, 12:35:59 PM

You'll never see the evidence of that hence it was my opinion. Who do you think would be higher paid currently?

Dessie farrell.

southtyronegael

I was up at garvaghy one evening and I followed a trail of empty brown envelopes straight to hartes house.

GetOverTheBar

McGuinness wouldn't touch Tyrone....he would probably get more per year managing Derry City or something sure in the LOI and would keep him in the pro sports arena. He's always got the GAA to fall back on no matter what.