Brexit.

Started by T Fearon, November 01, 2015, 06:04:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnnycool

Jim Wells?

If it wasn't for him and Jim Allister our Stevie would struggle for a show.

Jamwie must be persona non grata after the peelers lifted him in the doorman scandal.

keep her low this half

Lots of speculation that May I about to shaft the DUP. Sooner the better I say. She is proposing the whole UK stay in customs union until a free trade deal is agreed and northern Ireland will stay in the single market therefore regulatory border in the Irish sea. She may not get it through Westminster but it will be fun to watch Arlene and Nigel swinging on a hook.

johnnycool

Quote from: keep her low this half on October 04, 2018, 11:19:44 PM
Lots of speculation that May I about to shaft the DUP. Sooner the better I say. She is proposing the whole UK stay in customs union until a free trade deal is agreed and northern Ireland will stay in the single market therefore regulatory border in the Irish sea. She may not get it through Westminster but it will be fun to watch Arlene and Nigel swinging on a hook.

It's not entirely what Corbyn said he'd support but not far away which could potentially mean Labour and the Lib Dems voting for it to negate the Brexiteers in the Tory party and the DUP.

screenexile

Sounds from Brussels are that the Tories are about to throw the DUP under the bus!!!!

armaghniac

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2018, 02:33:28 PM
Sounds from Brussels are that the Tories are about to throw the DUP under the bus!!!!

At least they should use a Ballymena built one.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

thebar

Quote from: screenexile on October 05, 2018, 02:33:28 PM
Brilliant...DUP in government and they split the union  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rossfan

Foster on RTÉ news this evening -as far as I could make out saying  trade matters are  reserved to Westminster.
Is she preparing the troops or what?

Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Olly

I think the whole football violence thing is affecting people's thinking on brexit
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

armaghniac

Quote from: Rossfan on October 05, 2018, 06:46:57 PM
Foster on RTÉ news this evening -as far as I could make out saying  trade matters are  reserved to Westminster.
Is she preparing the troops or what?

It means Dodds is running the show.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Hereiam

https://youtu.be/np_ylvc8Zj8

At the demise of empire, City of London financial interests created a web of secrecy jurisdictions that captured wealth from across the globe and hid it in a web of offshore islands. Today, up to half of global offshore wealth is hidden in British jurisdictions and Britain and its dependencies are the largest global players in the world of international finance.

This was a very interesting watch and it clears up for me as to why Brexit was started and that it will happen no matter what party is at the helm....because there not really in charge.
Never knew you had 2 separate entities in London with 2 separate Mayors.

I also think that the "City of London" is where the money came from to pay the DUP to back Brexit.
DUP are tied in with some very powerful companies/people now which is very worrying

GJL

Barnier getting his eyes opened today as to the type of backward thinking sh1t we have to deal with here on a weekly basis.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-latest-arlene-foster-dup-extensive-talks-no-deal-irish-border-a8575471.html

tiempo

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/09/brexit-dup-leader-dampens-hopes-of-irish-border-compromise

"I am the leader of the Democratic Unionist party. The clue is in the title." Some man so she is.

Hi which of those reprobates was it stood on side of a lorry at local Klan meeting show of strength and introduced himself as a sectarian bigot to wild applause? Maybe 10/20 years ago now probably during marching season. Remember seeing a clip of it.

JohnDenver

Quote from: tiempo on October 09, 2018, 01:47:15 PM

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/oct/09/brexit-dup-leader-dampens-hopes-of-irish-border-compromise

"I am the leader of the Democratic Unionist party. The clue is in the title." Some man so she is.

Hi which of those reprobates was it stood on side of a lorry at local Klan meeting show of strength and introduced himself as a sectarian bigot to wild applause? Maybe 10/20 years ago now probably during marching season. Remember seeing a clip of it.

Possibly Willie McCrea standing alongside Billy Wright you could be referring to.

tiempo

DUP on for voting against the Tory budget if they don't get their own way on Brexit, I'd say they're clean fucked, the Tories will discard them at the opportune moment for whatever suit them best, bad bad move by Arlene.

GJL

Quote from: tiempo on October 10, 2018, 02:53:57 PM

DUP on for voting against the Tory budget if they don't get their own way on Brexit, I'd say they're clean fucked, the Tories will discard them at the opportune moment for whatever suit them best, bad bad move by Arlene.

Looks like they have been kicked into touch. Delightful viewing. I'd say Barnier had a right chuckle into himself yesterday at the 2 dolly birds!  ;D