Man Utd Thread:

Started by full back, November 10, 2006, 08:13:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Onthe40

Shaw is a must keep also, the one player with class when he's fit

NAG1

Mount deserves a chance at least, he hasnt got anywhere near fit enough to make an impact.

Hopefully he can get there and return some of the faith put in him with that transfer.

Just such a mess squad wise it is difficult to see where they are going.

Ethan Tremblay

Quote from: trailer on December 11, 2023, 09:31:14 AMEtH will need 3-4 more windows to revamp this team.

These need moved on ASAP

AWB - get rid
Varane - get rid
Lindelof - get rid
Maguire - keep
Dalot - ???
Malacia - ???
Evans - sell, too old, otherwise would have kept on
Regulon - ???

Casemiro - get rid
Eriksen - keep, experienced
McTominay - keep, good squad player
DVB - get rid
Amrabat - get rid

Martial - pay to get rid
Rashford - keep, would be great if he had great players around him. 
Antony - get rid
Sancho - get rid

These have huge question marks over them
Onana - end of season to see if he can sort himself out
Mount - squad player, end of season to see what can be made of him
Fernandes - keep, would be more effective in a good team

Players who you'd want to keep
Martinez
Garnacho
Hojlund

Squad is an absolute f**king mess.

A big thing I think is that the overall squad is piss, and the better players are suffering for it.  We will never get the best of Rashford, Fernandes or Hojlund in an attacking sense, because the overall squad are lacking. 

That's not to say they haven't been underperforming.  For Fernandes and Rashford, they should be willing the team on in every game, but they seem to bend when it gets tough. 

Hojlund should find his feet, but the premier league is unforgiving, so he would need to do it fast.  Again, suffers from the lack of quality around him. 
I tend to think of myself as a one man wolfpack...

NAG1

Fernandes can be frustrating at times in games, but there is no way anyone can question his effort levels.

Sometimes does too much trying to bring the team with him, to the detriment of his own game but he is one of the very few that give it everything they have.

Maroon Manc

Might get worse before its going to get better, thankfully there's not a huge appetite to sack ETH amongst United's support. If the club wasn't such a shambles from top to bottom then that might be different but given the context of the situation we find ourselves in then I really want him to stay.

He's not blameless but with a proper structure then the likes of Antony wouldn't be signed for £80m and neither would have Casemiro. That team that started on Saturday is about as poor as I've ever seen, only Shaw & Fernandes would be stating in a proper team; I'm a huge fan of Garnacho but he wouldn't be starting every week in a really top side but he has too at United.

Expectancy is low for the week ahead but playing the same way we have in recent weeks tactically will likely lead to 2 serious beatings. Mount must be close to a comeback for midweek, he'll probably start at Anfield.

Surely there must be a swap deal United can do in the short term with Sancho, there's been rumours of Raphina who was a revelation at Leeds but United are going to have to get another centre forward this January.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 11, 2023, 02:28:19 PMMight get worse before its going to get better, thankfully there's not a huge appetite to sack ETH amongst United's support. If the club wasn't such a shambles from top to bottom then that might be different but given the context of the situation we find ourselves in then I really want him to stay.

He's not blameless but with a proper structure then the likes of Antony wouldn't be signed for £80m and neither would have Casemiro. That team that started on Saturday is about as poor as I've ever seen, only Shaw & Fernandes would be stating in a proper team; I'm a huge fan of Garnacho but he wouldn't be starting every week in a really top side but he has too at United.

Expectancy is low for the week ahead but playing the same way we have in recent weeks tactically will likely lead to 2 serious beatings. Mount must be close to a comeback for midweek, he'll probably start at Anfield.

Surely there must be a swap deal United can do in the short term with Sancho, there's been rumours of Raphina who was a revelation at Leeds but United are going to have to get another centre forward this January.

Sancho's reputation is going before him here, none seen as a disruptive influence in a dressing room. This wont help getting him shifted out.

trailer

Quote from: NAG1 on December 11, 2023, 03:00:44 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on December 11, 2023, 02:28:19 PMMight get worse before its going to get better, thankfully there's not a huge appetite to sack ETH amongst United's support. If the club wasn't such a shambles from top to bottom then that might be different but given the context of the situation we find ourselves in then I really want him to stay.

Sancho's reputation is going before him here, none seen as a disruptive influence in a dressing room. This wont help getting him shifted out.

There's no one to sign him on those wages if he is w**ker in dressing room which he looks to be. He gave bother at City and Dortmund apparently. Utd should have known that and swerved him. Instead they pursued him for 18 months when they didn't actually need him at all. They had Rashford and Greenwood at the time.

Armagh18

Quote from: Onthe40 on December 11, 2023, 11:12:08 AMShaw is a must keep also, the one player with class when he's fit
That's biggest problem with him. But a top player.

tiempo

Quote from: Armagh18 on December 11, 2023, 03:32:32 PM
Quote from: Onthe40 on December 11, 2023, 11:12:08 AMShaw is a must keep also, the one player with class when he's fit
That's biggest problem with him. But a top player.

Top top surely?

Blowitupref

When going through that Squad list as some already have it makes one wonder how last season Ten Hag managed to get 75 league points and reach two domestic cup finals winning one. More of a struggle this season with injuries and new signings not making as quick of an impact as Casemiro,Martinez did last year.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

Armagh18

Quote from: Blowitupref on December 11, 2023, 06:50:32 PMWhen going through that Squad list as some already have it makes one wonder how last season Ten Hag managed to get 75 league points and reach two domestic cup finals winning one. More of a struggle this season with injuries and new signings not making as quick of an impact as Casemiro,Martinez did last year.
Was about to disagree with you there and name a strong team from last year but it still wasn't brilliant. Having said that, a fit and in form Martinez, Varane, Shaw, Casemiro and Rashford (scoring form as his all round play was never good) and that is a different team.

J70

Why is Shaw at centre back and Varane on the bench?

Nanderson

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2023, 09:17:24 PMWhy is Shaw at centre back and Varane on the bench?
I've heard reports that Varane was one of the touts to the media. Would explain why he hasn't played for a while but keeps getting these niggly injuries

gawa316

Quote from: J70 on December 11, 2023, 09:17:24 PMWhy is Shaw at centre back and Varane on the bench?

Been told a few times on here is Varane can't play the left side of the center ::) Maguire is the 'form' CB and he can only play the right side

Armagh18

Quote from: Nanderson on December 11, 2023, 09:43:40 PM
I've heard reports that Varane was one of the touts to the media. Would explain why he hasn't played for a while but keeps getting these niggly injuries
Hasn't been great when he sis play. If he is a leak then let him go play fifa with Sancho.