Kildare v Mayo AI Qualifier Round 3

Started by Dinny Breen, June 25, 2018, 09:32:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Quote from: Blowitupref on July 04, 2018, 04:19:15 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 04, 2018, 09:59:22 AM
http://www.the42.ie/mayo-kildare-analysis-4107060-Jul2018/?utm_source=twitter_short

The stats from the game are in that link above.

Those kick out stats have surprised me, didn't think Mayo were that dominant on them; If before the game you'd shown me that stats I'd have said Mayo would have won comfortably.

Not that surprising when you consider some of Mayos best players in that match was their midfielders. I was very surprised however at how loose marking Mayo was in defence. Good defenders Boyle,Keegan,Barrett,Higgins looked well off the pace.

Those four struggled alright and they're usually among our top few players, a mixture of injuries and age I'd say

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam14 on July 04, 2018, 01:22:55 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on July 04, 2018, 09:59:22 AM
http://www.the42.ie/mayo-kildare-analysis-4107060-Jul2018/?utm_source=twitter_short

The stats from the game are in that link above.

Those kick out stats have surprised me, didn't think Mayo were that dominant on them; If before the game you'd shown me that stats I'd have said Mayo would have won comfortably.

Lost a few key knockouts near the end though

Once AOS tired after about 50-55 minutes Mayo's midfield seriously struggled. In the final ten minutes they lost a lot of breaks around the middle. The sort this Mayo team at their peak lived on.

twohands!!!

QuoteUntil then Kildare had only won one of David Clarke's kickouts, but the physical toll of this game was starting to catch up on Mayo and Kildare finished the game winning a total of seven Mayo kickouts, six of these coming in the final quarter.

Not exactly surprising given the Parsons and SoS being on the injured list.

Kuwabatake Sanjuro

On Kildare's kickouts Donnellan froze for the 1st 50 minutes and couldn't get the quick ones off when players were available. He improved towards the end thankfully.
In the first half Mayo won a good few out on the wings with DO'C and Coen getting to them but they generally ended up under pressure out there due to lack of support. Towards the end they didn't have the legs to get out wide or maybe Kildare adjusted a bit. Feely probably could have had a couple of more frees when fielding too as Mayo did their best to put him off on his jump.

cuconnacht

Totm2y.
A backdoor nothing game set by the boards favourite blatherer(Din himself)and just shy of the quota 1st count(100 at T.I).Nearly sure that was more than last years AI final or year befores!
Ominous I thought.It meant media maelstrom and with us involved,never a good ending for us.Disapointed with us not backing up the lillies once the game was TV guarenteed,money's I suppose?
              Cribben and Co roped and branded the Men of the Heather all day,shades of Rainbow,Buckley and the Short Grass a '98'.Hope this the efforts of great minors and u21s of last 8/9 years coming through for ye.Anyway as the 'Boss said to Sully'  with last words in the Road to Perdition, "I'm glad it was you Micheal".Most of mine are of same towards Cill Dara and tip our hat so accordingly.Glad it was.(except Dinny,7daysof stale croissants for him ;) abandoning ship and Mayo comp)  ;D. Besides us Westies have still got the Connies and Donnies.

Props to of all things Sky :o (gasp)a live game from Newbridge when those fkn alps national broadcasters not once in their lazy arsed freeloading history!

trileacman

Quote from: cuconnacht on July 06, 2018, 10:38:48 AM
Totm2y.
A backdoor nothing game set by the boards favourite blatherer(Din himself)and just shy of the quota 1st count(100 at T.I).Nearly sure that was more than last years AI final or year befores!
Ominous I thought.It meant media maelstrom and with us involved,never a good ending for us.Disapointed with us not backing up the lillies once the game was TV guarenteed,money's I suppose?
              Cribben and Co roped and branded the Men of the Heather all day,shades of Rainbow,Buckley and the Short Grass a '98'.Hope this the efforts of great minors and u21s of last 8/9 years coming through for ye.Anyway as the 'Boss said to Sully'  with last words in the Road to Perdition, "I'm glad it was you Micheal".Most of mine are of same towards Cill Dara and tip our hat so accordingly.Glad it was.(except Dinny,7daysof stale croissants for him ;) abandoning ship and Mayo comp)  ;D. Besides us Westies have still got the Connies and Donnies.

Props to of all things Sky :o (gasp)a live game from Newbridge when those fkn alps national broadcasters not once in their lazy arsed freeloading history!

f**k me the board is getting worse. Has seafoid's illness become contagious?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

Quote from: trileacman on July 06, 2018, 10:53:37 AM
Totm2y.

What do you add to the board anyway?

"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Dire Ear

trileacman

Quote from: seafoid on July 06, 2018, 11:10:06 AM
Quote from: trileacman on July 06, 2018, 10:53:37 AM
Totm2y.

What do you add to the board anyway?

Nothing, the same as everyone else. It's a bit precious to consider yourself so enlightened that you "add" something to the echo chamber that is gaaboard. It's largely a collection of individuals giving there unqulified opinion but I would prefer if those opinions were at least manufactured into intelligible sentences.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

giveballaghback

It will make the 100 pages yet, a great obituary to the rhubarbs.

Dinny Breen

Totm2y.

What did I do to upset this native? FFS my grandmother was an O'Malley from Tubber Hill in Westport. No pleasing some people.
#newbridgeornowhere

LooseCannon

LooseCannon

LooseCannon

Are we there yet?

Yeeeeeeaaaaaassss 100 pages.

cuconnacht

Quote from: LooseCannon on July 07, 2018, 12:35:29 AM
Are we there yet?

Yeeeeeeaaaaaassss 100 pages.

;D  :D  ;D
The midnight Faithful deliver.