The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Republicans claiming to be worried about the spread of Covid.  ;D ;D ;D

It's like Hitler claiming to be worried about the safety of Jews.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 06:43:37 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 06:28:44 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 06:18:14 PM
Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 06:08:04 PM
Misspelled,  Leana wen her motto is anti vaccine is  anti freedom so no freedom until vaccinated that's how it works for everyone right

Hadn't heard of her before.

But this appears to be the piece where she says that. https://s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=59771bb1ae7e8a6816e15b98&s=6143a94f9d2fda9d41cf9553&linknum=4&linktot=59

Indeed, vaccines aren't the antithesis of freedom; they are the pathway out of the suffering and isolation brought upon by covid-19. I'd go further to say that being anti-vaccination is anti-freedom.

Some have labeled the recent push by the Biden administration to embrace vaccine requirements as government overreach. I strongly disagree. We are in the middle of the biggest public-health crisis of our lifetimes. This week, we reached the sobering milestone that one in 500 Americans have died of covid-19. One of the core responsibilities of government is to safeguard public health and safety. Vaccination is not just an individual choice; it is one that very much affects the health — and survival — of others.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. But then I don't subscribe to the deranged "f**k-you-and-everyone-else; its-all-about-me" concept of freedom that many in the US do.
anyone not vaccinated by now is not getting it , allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals into the country unchecked is insane both medically and lawfully and that's what Biden is doing all while trying to kick us citizens out of their  jobs .

1. How many are getting through unchecked?
2. Is there any evidence that illegal immigration is responsible, to any significant effect, for the spread of Covid?
3.Assuming, for the sake of argument, that illegal immigration IS a significant contributor to the spread of Covid, why would it make any sense to ignore the problems caused by unvaccinated citizens and residents?
would you be ok with airports allowing people in without vaccines or negative test ?
I like to show the hypocrisy

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on September 22, 2021, 07:19:08 PM

if I was banned off an Internet forum as many times as you have I would take the hint

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 08:03:53 PM

if I was banned off an Internet forum as many times as you have I would take the hint
Republicans are always about banning things they don't like. Hate free speech. And people who don't look like them.

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on September 22, 2021, 08:28:57 PM

Republicans are always about banning things they don't like. Hate free speech. And people who don't look like them.
i never asked for you to be banned , you did it all on your own , several times 👏👏

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 08:45:53 PM

i never asked for you to be banned , you did it all on your own , several times 👏👏
I note you didn't dispute my point. I suppose it's a start that you have decided not to argue against facts.  ;)

Gmac

Quote from: sid waddell on September 22, 2021, 08:50:16 PM

I note you didn't dispute my point. I suppose it's a start that you have decided not to argue against facts.  ;)
it wasn't worthy of a response.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 08:00:29 PM
Misspelled,  Leana wen her motto is anti vaccine is  anti freedom so no freedom until vaccinated that's how it works for everyone right

But this appears to be the piece where she says that. https://s2.washingtonpost.com/camp-rw/?trackId=59771bb1ae7e8a6816e15b98&s=6143a94f9d2fda9d41cf9553&linknum=4&linktot=59

Indeed, vaccines aren't the antithesis of freedom; they are the pathway out of the suffering and isolation brought upon by covid-19. I'd go further to say that being anti-vaccination is anti-freedom.

Some have labeled the recent push by the Biden administration to embrace vaccine requirements as government overreach. I strongly disagree. We are in the middle of the biggest public-health crisis of our lifetimes. This week, we reached the sobering milestone that one in 500 Americans have died of covid-19. One of the core responsibilities of government is to safeguard public health and safety. Vaccination is not just an individual choice; it is one that very much affects the health — and survival — of others.

Sounds perfectly reasonable to me. But then I don't subscribe to the deranged "f**k-you-and-everyone-else; its-all-about-me" concept of freedom that many in the US do.
anyone not vaccinated by now is not getting it , allowing hundreds of thousands of illegals into the country unchecked is insane both medically and lawfully and that's what Biden is doing all while trying to kick us citizens out of their  jobs .

2. Is there any evidence that illegal immigration is responsible, to any significant effect, for the spread of Covid?
3.Assuming, for the sake of argument, that illegal immigration IS a significant contributor to the spread of Covid, why would it make any sense to ignore the problems caused by unvaccinated citizens and residents?
would you be ok with airports allowing people in without vaccines or negative test ?

So no facts or numbers or even rational argument to contribute, just bullshit as usual.

But, unlike yourself, I'll try to answer.

1. There is no hypocrisy. I have never complained here (or anywhere else) about the CBP doing their job and patrolling the border and arresting illegal crossers. I would expect it to be done humanely and the people in question handled humanely. I would expect asylum seekers to be handled humanely. I think the CBP should have whatever resources and funding they need to do their job both thoroughly and humanely. And that should obviously include covid testing and vaccinations, and whatever other vaccinations would be needed.

2. Airports are controlled border crossings. Far easier to control than thousands of miles of a land border obviously. First step in any operation should be the low-hanging fruit, and ports of entry like airports are easy enough to control before you turn to the more complex stuff. That aside I've asked you on several occasions when you're making these claims to provide some substance regarding the numbers, even estimates, of how many people are evading the CBP at the border, but you repeatedly fail to provide any. One would assume you have access to something given that you're repeatedly using it as an excuse for opposing vaccine mandates or, laughably, as a diversion to the lunatic right wing's ovine vaccine denialism.

3. You didn't answer why mandates are wrong on their own merits. Because even if the border is contributing to the spread, that doesn't mean mandates can't help overall.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 09:05:12 PM

So no facts or numbers or even rational argument to contribute, just bullshit as usual.

1. There is no hypocrisy. I have never complained here (or anywhere else) about the CBP doing their job and patrolling the border and arresting illegal crossers. I would expect it to be done humanely and the people in question handled humanely. I would expect asylum seekers to be handled humanely. I think the CBP should have whatever resources and funding they need to do their job both thoroughly and humanely. And that should obviously include covid testing and vaccinations, and whatever other vaccinations would be needed.

2. Airports are controlled border crossings. Far easier to control than thousands of miles of a land border obviously. First step in any operation should be the low-hanging fruit, and ports of entry like airports are easy enough to control before you turn to the more complex stuff. That aside I've asked you on several occasions when you're making these claims to provide some substance regarding the numbers, even estimates, of how many people are evading the CBP at the border, but you repeatedly fail to provide any. One would assume you have access to something given that you're repeatedly using it as an excuse for opposing vaccine mandates or, laughably, as a diversion to the lunatic right wing's ovine vaccine denialism.

3. You didn't answer why mandates are wrong on their own merits. Because even if the border is contributing to the spread, that doesn't mean mandates can't help overall.
the cnn bs talking point that conservative people won't take the vaccine is  a lie  what is true though is the current president and vp said last year that they would not take a vaccine that's connected to the Trump administration , a few months ago Biden,  fauci and Kamala said vaccine mandates would not be implemented . So if you want to see liars look at the white house the media and the mirror

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 09:04:23 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on September 22, 2021, 08:50:16 PM

it wasn't worthy of a response.
That good ol' GQP echo chamber again.

sid waddell

Quote from: Gmac on September 22, 2021, 09:18:11 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 22, 2021, 09:05:12 PM

the cnn bs talking point that conservative people won't take the vaccine is  a lie  what is true though is the current president and vp said last year that they would not take a vaccine that's connected to the Trump administration , a few months ago Biden,  fauci and Kamala said vaccine mandates would not be implemented . So if you want to see liars look at the white house the media and the mirror

Trump threatened to ride roughshod over the FDA and install lackeys to approve a vaccine which hadn't yet gone through the appropriate safety protocols - for no other reason than he wanted to use it as a tool to win the election.

That's fascism - and of course anybody with a brain would have not taken a vaccine that had not been properly tested but railroaded through for political purposes with no thought for the safety of the population.

Now the same people who were clamouring for a vaccine which had not yet been proven safe to be approved so they could take it - on the say so of the dear leader - are refusing in vast numbers to take a vaccine which now has overwhelming safety data behind it.

Biden says "take the vaccine - it's safe". So the loonies refuse to take it.

Some of them prefer to take Ivermectin horse paste and shit out their intestines. What a way to "own the libs". By shitting out your intestines.

It is documented fact that Republicans are by far the biggest vaccine holdouts - and the Republican party is happy to entertain and spread anti-vaxx lunacy.

There's no other word to describe that sort of carry on except evil.

It is evil. And the Republican party is evil.

whitey

Good to have you back Sid

Even though you're talking through your ar$e as usual

Huge percentages of the African American population are also unvaccinated

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

"Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads."

Gmac

Quote from: whitey on September 22, 2021, 10:12:04 PM
Good to have you back Sid

Even though you're talking through your ar$e as usual

Huge percentages of the African American population are also unvaccinated

https://www.kff.org/coronavirus-covid-19/issue-brief/latest-data-on-covid-19-vaccinations-race-ethnicity/

"Black and Hispanic people remain less likely than their White counterparts to have received a vaccine, leaving them at increased risk, particularly as the variant spreads."
72% of black people  in New York are unvaccinated and blm say they are going to bring some George Floyd type protests to the streets over vaccine mandates which they say are racist, how will the mandate loving liberal white little bitches feel about this , can't wait

Gmac

They going to put Haitian's in gitmo ?

sid waddell

Pesky facts.

The Republican party and the right-wing disinformation machine - which is pretty much all of right-wing US media, have blood on their hands.

Evil is almost too mild a word.

https://www.pewresearch.org/ps_2021-09-15_covid19-restrictions_a-02/

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/meet-the-press/nbc-news-poll-shows-demographic-breakdown-vaccinated-u-s-n1277514?cid=sm_npd_nn_tw_mtp

And here are the American adults who say they've already been vaccinated — broken down by demographic group:

All adults: 69 percent
Men: 67 percent
Women: 71 percent
18-34: 63 percent
35-49: 58 percent
50-64: 71 percent
65+: 86 percent
Whites: 66 percent
Blacks: 76 percent
Latinos: 71 percent
Urban residents: 79 percent
Suburban residents: 67 percent