The Patronising Dublin Fan Thread

Started by Sidney, August 09, 2014, 11:19:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: seafoid on February 12, 2019, 04:26:54 PM
Certainly we would like to win the League but Monaghan were very good and even Fento was overwhelmed and if we don't make the final it could mean that we don't win Sam
At this stage all Dublin supporters would be happy to just avoid relegation, truth be told.

That defeat in the O'Byrne Cup final has, as I predicted, destroyed the myth of invincibility surrounding this Dublin team.

With Mayo flying at the moment, we'll find it very difficult to avoid being in the drop zone after the next roound of fixtures.

Unlike Mayo, Tyrone, Roscommon and Cavan, this Dublin team have no experience of being involved in a relegation battle - and that's what makes the prospect very dangerous.

If the players start thinking they're too good to go down, they could end up doing just that.

If Mayo win at Croke Park on February 23rd, it may be time to say goodbye to Jim Gavin and hello to Sam Allardyce.

kerryforsam19

Question to the dubliners on this thread

Do you realise the anger and frustration among rest of the gaa public over the financial doping?

Do you realise a big proportion of the gaa public have little or no respect for Dublin's achievements over the last few years due to the financial doping?

I think Dublin are in serious denial about it all.

Dinny Breen

f**k me, the patronising of a very average Cork team is unbearable. Somehow when Kildare & Meath get hammered by Dublin, the Leinster Championship is a joke. They obliterated Cork in the quarter finals of the All Ireland and you have people literally saying Cork have showed the way to beat Dublin. The game had no intensity and apart from Jack Mc was played at the pace on O'Byrne Cup game in January. They will do the same next week in their neutral game in Croke Park. They will go to Omagh and rest 5/6 key players while getting game time into their injured parties ready for 2 more games in neutral venues.
#newbridgeornowhere

shantygael

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on July 13, 2019, 11:36:37 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on July 13, 2019, 11:19:40 PM
f**k me, the patronising of a very average Cork team is unbearable. Somehow when Kildare & Meath get hammered by Dublin, the Leinster Championship is a joke. They obliterated Cork in the quarter finals of the All Ireland and you have people literally saying Cork have showed the way to beat Dublin. The game had no intensity and apart from Jack Mc was played at the pace on O'Byrne Cup game in January. They will do the same next week in their neutral game in Croke Park. They will go to Omagh and rest 5/6 key players while getting game time into their injured parties ready for 2 more games in neutral venues.

Donny you need to give the missus a good ride. You sound like u need one 🤣🤣🤣🤣
+1,😁
you've only had enough to drink when you cant hold onto the ground

GetOverTheBar

Quote from: kerryforsam19 on August 06, 2019, 08:54:17 AM
Did many dubs travel to omagh? I suppose they luas doesn't go that far  ;)

Have to give it to the Dubs, they were there on mass. Very good turnout.

Although less keen on the woman beside me making plans for her hairstyle and taking selfies "for the final".

seafoid

Jim Gavin is sans pareil

https://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/he-was-here-in-spirit-philly-mcmahon-pictured-in-tears-as-he-pays-breaking-bad-inspired-tribute-to-father-37275086.html

I wouldn't say we were cruising. As we've experienced in the last few years, no surprise there from Tyrone. My admiration has gone up for them ten-fold and to a man they stayed on the pitch at the end.

Read more here:
      'My admiration has gone up for them ten-fold' - Jim Gavin shows respect for Tyrone 
      'These are classy guys' - Joe Brolly reveals text he received from Dublin's James McCarthy ahead of All Ireland final  
"At 0-1 to 0-5, they had the momentum. But our guys don't blink, which is a great characteristic.

"Putting Colm Cavanagh to full-forward showed their intent. Our guys are extremly fatigued from a fantastic battle."
After a summer that drew plenty of negative attention, Gavin feels that today's final was a credit to both teams.
"It's and All-Ireland final, there's a lot on the line. I think the GAA should be very proud of both counties, the spectacle that they put on today," added Gavin.

"We were probably just ahead of them in efficiency terms. The collective ethos in that Dublin team is just a pleasure to watch.
"The players who didn't get game time must be disappointed, but they don't show it.

You're never safe in a game, not against quality opposition. They can get a goal and the whole dynamic of the game can change. We pride ourselves on our technical skills coming out in the heat of battle.
"That's a very young Tyrone team, they'll certainly be back."

With four All Ireland titles to his name now, Gavin admits that he is just living in the moment and not giving any thought to what lies ahead.
"I didn't envisage anything when I took over Dublin. I just envisaged trying to do my very best for them. We all just volunteer our time, it's a choice that we make. There are no guarantees." added the Dublin boss.
"When it's all over, we'll look back. But we're just living in the moment now.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

sid waddell

A lot of joy among Dublin supporters tonight but the overwhelming emotion is one of relief

We hadn't knocked Meath out of the championship since 1995, so it's a serious monkey off the back

Dublin-Meath knockout Leinster finals have always been sickeningly tense affairs and tonight was no different

It might be a cold Saturday night in November but inside the hearts of Dublin supporters, it's as warm and sunny as that glorious Sunday afternoon in July 1995 when we last knocked Meath out

All we need now is Blur and Oasis to go head to head for the Christmas number one

6th sam

Quote from: From the Bunker on December 05, 2020, 04:49:15 PM

Absolutely valid points, (And fair play to Dublin for making the most of the ridiculous advantages they enjoy, )  but do other county players benefit from a loaded AI system, have all their games at home, an almost guaranteed AI medal and several extra perks along the way. NO!

Halfquarter

Very true, if only the Leitrim footballers got off their fat asses and got down to the gym in Carrick , football could be saved.
Oh, and gobbled up their Protein shakes and got their  volunteers out of their beds.

sid waddell

Quote from: Halfquarter on December 05, 2020, 09:20:33 PM
Very true, if only the Leitrim footballers got off their fat asses and got down to the gym in Carrick , football could be saved.
Oh, and gobbled up their Protein shakes and got their  volunteers out of their beds.
You'd miss the old days when Leitrim were beating Dublin in the championship and winning All-Irelands

Halfquarter

Quote from: sid waddell on December 05, 2020, 09:26:22 PM
You'd miss the old days when Leitrim were beating Dublin in the championship and winning All-Irelands

Yes, you'd miss the old days , when Dublin weren't the only team winning All Ireland's .

Owenmoresider

You'd miss the old days when any other team were beating Dublin in the championship and winning All-Irelands
Fixed that for you.

sid waddell

Quote from: Owenmoresider on December 05, 2020, 09:49:04 PM
You'd miss the old days when any other team were beating Dublin in the championship and winning All-Irelands
Fixed that for you.
In how many seasons since 1888 have Sligo won a Connacht championship match?

I'd be interested to get the view of somebody from Fermanagh as to whether they believe their team should still compete in the Ulster championship, despite winning it 0 times ever

6th sam

Back in the good old days of 1994 . Leitrim beat Roscommon in the Hyde, Galway in Tuam and Mayo in the Hyde. Their reward was playing a Dublin team in the Dubs 4th championship match in Croke park. Unsurprisingly Dublin tanked them. It was wrong then and it's wrong now. Dublin now have further financial advantages and a very strong "success breeds success " advantage . That "success breeds success" phenomenon would be fair enough, if the success was under equitable circumstances, but it ain't