List of things that Tyrone have never done

Started by Darby, August 08, 2015, 06:52:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Exactly. Pointless. In fact it's even more pointless than I thought. But it is instructive to note that they (the Ulster Council) and Dongal, both deny what was reported in Teamtalk.

As I said, this was always going to be a he said, no he said, thing, and it was going to be hard to prove either way.

Declan Bonner was wrong to pursue it that way, but whether it actually happened or not is no clearer today than it was then, so it should just be left lie. And Teamtalk's nonsense reporting of it has been shown to be just that.

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2015, 04:21:42 PM
Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2015, 04:07:25 PM
Teamtalk should also be careful of what they quote... they had quotes in their article which actually quoted nothing.

It will be interesting to hear their reply!!

You should also be careful about putting words in peoples mouth. I see you never came back to me when I questioned where I had said that I knew for a fact that it didn't take place!!!!

I didn't say you knew for a fact it didn't take place I was asking a question! You had Bonner hung out to dry when you weren't privy to the detail of what happened and that's wrong. I see Teamtalkmag's FB has a lot of other Tyronie's looking him blamed as well last night.

Bonner felt that one of his players was badly wronged and I don't blame him for mentioning it to the media after a heated match it's only human. A mistake but I think an honest one as he probably thought he was looking after his player when the opposite was true upon reflection!

After all's said and done it's obvious it was one word against the other and the 3 parties have agreed to leave it in the past and don't want to talk about it again which makes Teamtalk's reporting of it even more stupid!!

WT4E

Jeepers Screen your very twisted - your statement insinuated that I knew for a fact whether it was a question or not!

You hate Tyrone lets get over that fact!

I still feel exactly the same about Bonner and Carney for that matter - two people putting lads at risk (Donegal and Tyrone both) no matter what was said or not said - I think the onus should have been put not on sledging in the aftermath but on the duty of care our managers have for their underage players throughout the association!

Teamtalk probably made a mistake but I won't be taking either Ulster or Donegals word for it unless I actually see the report - I would have a feeling that the lads in teamtalk would have seen the document whether or not it was to be kept confidential or not.

longballin

Teamtalk report didn't come close. Desperate attempt to have big headline story. 

RadioGAAGAA

So basically they did it, but cannot be banned due to lack of independent verification.

Its shocking that things have descended to this state, but maybe its time players were mic'd up.

If even half of the stuff you hear being said is true, its an awful state of affairs. [A lot of it is that vile that it would just not be made up - so I don't want to hear the usual "no proof" bullsh!te.]
i usse an speelchekor

screenexile

Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2015, 05:12:29 PM
Jeepers Screen your very twisted - your statement insinuated that I knew for a fact whether it was a question or not!

I still feel exactly the same about Bonner and Carney for that matter - two people putting lads at risk (Donegal and Tyrone both) no matter what was said or not said - I think the onus should have been put not on sledging in the aftermath but on the duty of care our managers have for their underage players throughout the association!

Teamtalk probably made a mistake but I won't be taking either Ulster or Donegals word for it unless I actually see the report - I would have a feeling that the lads in teamtalk would have seen the document whether or not it was to be kept confidential or not.

Are you sure about that?? I thought I hide it quite well!!

Regardless of that everything I've seen points to the fact that the young lad did it. At the time I thought it was the lowest of the low but on reflection we've all done stupid things on the football pitch in the heat of battle and I'm sure after this the young lad in question won't do it again which is all you can ask for really.

Teamtalk's response to the story they got wrong is basically to hang one of their Ulster Council delegates out to dry . . . I imagine one of those two will have to clear the air again!!! Crazy stuff should have been left well alone with the UC statement and that would have been it over!

omaghjoe

The fact that the Ulstercouncil have kept their report confidential would suggest that there is something in it that was not to someones liking, or then again perhaps that they where trying to protect the young lads involved?

But I think we can take from it the following

• If something was said it should not have been said...
  • If something was picked up wrongly by someone it is unfortunate.
  • Declan Bonner should not have made a public statement it should have used the correct channels which in the end is what he had to do anyway. But I am sure he regrets it at this point, and if he trusted his player's (like any manager should) I am sure he was understandbly very angry.
  • Teamtalkmag should keep their mouths shut but considering who likely wrote it, it is unsurprising that they jumped to conclusions and proclaimed it from the rooftops. Although in fairness I dont think that they claim to be a traditional media outlet with sources and editors etc, its a step up from twitter or facebook

On another point Im not sure if anyone has managed to actually fall out with AZOffaly before. But I am sick of his constant level-headness, fair mindedness, reason, and examining all sides and perspectives. So its about time someone twisted his words to mean something other than what he was trying to project and called him out on it.

WT4E

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2015, 05:30:11 PM
Regardless of that everything I've seen points to the fact that the young lad did it.

I haven't heard anything that points to the allegation being true. If someone came out and said "Screenexile is a murderer - he murdered someone this morning" does that mean its true?

omaghjoe

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2015, 05:30:11 PM
Quote from: WT4E on November 04, 2015, 05:12:29 PM

Are you sure about that?? I thought I hide it quite well!!

Regardless of that everything I've seen points to the fact that the young lad did it. At the time I thought it was the lowest of the low but on reflection we've all done stupid things on the football pitch in the heat of battle and I'm sure after this the young lad in question won't do it again which is all you can ask for really.

Teamtalk's response to the story they got wrong is basically to hang one of their Ulster Council delegates out to dry . . . I imagine one of those two will have to clear the air again!!! Crazy stuff should have been left well alone with the UC statement and that would have been it over!

No you dont, in fact the rest of your post is a good indicator of your level of bias

omaghjoe

Quote from: RadioGAAGAA on November 04, 2015, 05:27:22 PM
So basically they did it, but cannot be banned due to lack of independent verification.

Its shocking that things have descended to this state, but maybe its time players were mic'd up.

If even half of the stuff you hear being said is true, its an awful state of affairs. [A lot of it is that vile that it would just not be made up - so I don't want to hear the usual "no proof" bullsh!te.]

If yer serious you really need catch yourself on

If your WUMMING... good work you've already caught WT4E

WT4E

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 04, 2015, 05:48:48 PM

If your WUMMING... good work you've already caught WT4E

He hasn't caught me I'm too busy arguing with this screen man! lol

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 04, 2015, 05:48:48 PM

The 2nd half of the post does not talk about Tyrone or any county in particular.
Its just reflect of the dismal state of affairs.

Dunno about you, but I don't play football to have people having a go at my family's darkest moments.
i usse an speelchekor

Throw ball

Quote from: omaghjoe on November 04, 2015, 05:40:45 PM
The fact that the Ulstercouncil have kept their report confidential would suggest that there is something in it that was not to someones liking, or then again perhaps that they where trying to protect the young lads involved?

But I think we can take from it the following

• If something was said it should not have been said...
  • If something was picked up wrongly by someone it is unfortunate.
  • Declan Bonner should not have made a public statement it should have used the correct channels which in the end is what he had to do anyway. But I am sure he regrets it at this point, and if he trusted his player's (like any manager should) I am sure he was understandbly very angry.
  • Teamtalkmag should keep their mouths shut but considering who likely wrote it, it is unsurprising that they jumped to conclusions and proclaimed it from the rooftops. Although in fairness I dont think that they claim to be a traditional media outlet with sources and editors etc, its a step up from twitter or facebook

On another point Im not sure if anyone has managed to actually fall out with AZOffaly before. But I am sick of his constant level-headness, fair mindedness, reason, and examining all sides and perspectives. So its about time someone twisted his words to mean something other than what he was trying to project and called him out on it.

Fair points all round.

skeog

see donegal chairman accusing teamtalk of untrue statement and requesting tyrone co board issues statement to that effect messy

Snapchap

Quote from: screenexile on November 04, 2015, 04:48:56 PM
You had Bonner hung out to dry when you weren't privy to the detail of what happened and that's wrong...

Yeah you shouldn't proclaim something to be the truth when you don't know the whole facts, eh Screenexile?

Quote from: screenexile on May 23, 2015, 12:34:15 AM
So not only have Tyrone players called out a lad for his Father dying of cancer but...