Photos and videos of Tyrone over the years

Started by Fuzzman, December 03, 2014, 12:04:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

Yeah he was a great player wasnt it and boy do we need defenders like him now.

Actually if we had to rate our top 6 defenders of all time who would ye pick?
Again I suppose it depends how old you are and who you saw.
Wing backs have become a lot more attack minded in the last 10 years. Even corner backs
Ricey & Block certainly up there,
Jordan
Fay Devlin
Noel McGinn
McGarvey

sensethetone

Seanie McGlaughlin and Ronan McGarrity maybe even Collie Holmes.

Fuzzman

Good players but can't see them in best defenders ever
I suppose what I mean is tough tackling REAL defenders and not so well known for attacking prowess.

Up The Middle

Fay Devlin. John Lynch. McMenamin. Gormley. Ronan McGarrity. Paul Devlin as well (very underrated).
I'm very important. I have many leather-bound books and my apartment smells of rich mahogany.

Dell

1. P. McConnell
2. J.Lynch
3. C. McAnalllen
4. F. Devlin
5. K. McCabe
6. C. Gormley
7. P. Jordan
8. E. McKenna
9. P. Donaghy
10. B. Dooher
11. B. McGuigan
12. S. Cavanagh
13. S. O'Neill
14.  F. McGuigan
15.  P. Canavan
light travels faster than sound this is why some people appear bright until they speak

Champion The Wonder Horse

Quote from: sensethetone on January 22, 2015, 10:49:45 AM
done that in 97 usf, about 10 secs after the throw in.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=igZRLbC5mXo

Probably the most one-sided game between these two ever, and there have been a few. It's hard to believe that the disorganised rabble, who failed to score a single point from play in that match, had less than two years earlier come within a dodgy pickup of winning the All-Ireland.

sensethetone

Ok it wasn't after 10secs lol, great goal.

Fuzzman

Fair aul team there Dell. Not sure about McCabe at wing back though although I was a wee bit young to remember him well enough
I never really forgive him for the peno in 86

Am surprised how many rate McGarrity so highly. Good player alrite but top 6 since the 80s. Dunno lads.
How many games did Cormac actually play at FB?

red hander

Quote from: Fuzzman on December 09, 2014, 03:11:09 PM
Trying to steal my thread are ye lads. Haha
I was up home at the weekend and well known member of the club kindly sent me these great pics.
Anyone wanna stab a guess at what matches they were for.

Look at who was No 12 in the 3rd pic team sheet

Is that Paul Maxwell in pic with Fr Trendy and Aidan Skelton? Paul once kicked me in the head (accidentally, I might add) during a soccer match while I was in goals... haven't been the same since  :P

Gaffer

That's Paul Maxwell alright.

As regards Darcy

WTF is he doing in a Tyrone changing room?

"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

BennyHarp

Quote from: Dell on January 22, 2015, 06:39:54 PM
1. P. McConnell
2. J.Lynch
3. C. McAnalllen
4. F. Devlin
5. K. McCabe
6. C. Gormley
7. P. Jordan
8. E. McKenna
9. P. Donaghy
10. B. Dooher
11. B. McGuigan
12. S. Cavanagh
13. S. O'Neill
14.  F. McGuigan
15.  P. Canavan

That's not far away though I'd probably have Ricey in for Fay Devlin. I was a big fan of Fay but Ricey has to be in there for his leadership, toughness and ability to drive forward from deep.
That was never a square ball!!

StGallsGAA

I'd have Ciaran McGarvey ahead of Cormac (RIP) at no 3, nothing to do with games played, rather the job he had to do with the quality of players around him. 

ziggysego

My wee brother playing for Greencastle in Croke Park.
Testing Accessibility

Fuzzman

nrico2006

Quote from: Fuzzman on April 28, 2015, 03:09:24 PM
A big thank you to Liam Morris Newtownstewart for allowing me to link to his amazing collection of Facebook pics
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php? Just click on each pic to move to the next one

fbid=905272672871664&set=pb.100001668190311.-2207520000.1430229833.&type=3&theater

I see a lot of the team sheets he puts up from days gone by, some collection the man has.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'