Tyrone County Football and Hurling

Started by Fear ón Srath Bán, April 01, 2007, 05:58:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeog

Going on matches so far Tyrone must be very happy.

redzone

On the face of it you would probably say hampsey isn't having a great time in midfield but in everyone of the clips in the Sunday game he's involved in the turnover out the field. If he can do a job on Fenton that would be a massive game changer
Can't see any changes Barr mccarron. I'd imangine Hugh pat will come in but Brennan could be lined up to man mark scully

Thebigdog

The important thing is for Niall Morgan not to dither on the kickouts.  Hesitatation doesn't do the team any good. We really have to do a Mayo tactic on Dublin like the All Ireland finals, it's the only way. The difference is Tyrone have the better players than Mayo. Go for it and see how we get on.

Club boi

Quote from: Thebigdog on July 16, 2018, 12:05:01 AM
The important thing is for Niall Morgan not to dither on the kickouts.  Hesitatation doesn't do the team any good. We really have to do a Mayo tactic on Dublin like the All Ireland finals, it's the only way. The difference is Tyrone have the better players than Mayo. Go for it and see how we get on.

Thats what the supporters want, go for it and see can we match them. Last year was a shambles as we sat back and were the laughing stock of the country

God14

I'd say Colm Cavanagh must be a serious doubt. Would be a massive loss if that's the case.

Club boi

Quote from: God14 on July 16, 2018, 09:46:12 AM
I'd say Colm Cavanagh must be a serious doubt. Would be a massive loss if that's the case.

With so many quick games, and very little recovery time, squads and who can cope best with injuries are going to win this AI

Donegal have lost Mc Brearty
Galway have lost their midfielder Conroy
"if" Tyrone were to lose Cavanagh, Mc Carron and got any other unlucky injuries, Dublin could walk it with their panel as they have stayed injury free

Club boi

Just seen this on twitter - Kieran Cunningham

"Dublin won by five on Saturday. Got 0-4 from bench, Donegal 0-0. Last year's All-Ireland final, Dublin bench 0-2, Mayo bench 0-0, won by a point. 2016 All-Ireland final replay, Dublin bench 0-4, Mayo bench 0-0, won by a point. Always the difference with Dublin"

omagh_gael

Quote from: Club boi on July 16, 2018, 09:51:22 AM
Quote from: God14 on July 16, 2018, 09:46:12 AM

With so many quick games, and very little recovery time, squads and who can cope best with injuries are going to win this AI

Donegal have lost Mc Brearty
Galway have lost their midfielder Conroy
"if" Tyrone were to lose Cavanagh, Mc Carron and got any other unlucky injuries, Dublin could walk it with their panel as they have stayed injury free

McCarron's injury is a blow for him but at least we've got a multitude of options to cover it. Colm is different. However, what was he taken off for? Was it not due to getting a boot in the shins late in first half? Hoping it was more precautionary due to the forthcoming hectic schedule.

Jayop

I assumed Colm coming off was precautionary. Certainly hope so as he's the most irreplacable player we have. I'd say he's far from our best player, but I think he's 100% our most important player.

Look at the early games in the qualifiers and the Monaghan game. He was nowhere near fit and Tyrone laboured big time in those games as a result. As he's got better the last few weeks so have Tyrone looked much better.

Fuzzman

When I first heard about the game and the deal with the Dubs allocation of tickets and them being allowed so much of the main stand with season tickets I started getting annoyed.
I feared that our county board would bend over backwards to accommodate them and I heard on the news here in Dublin this morning that they expect the Dubs to outnumber us.
I have noticed for some time now the Tyrone fans NOT being as football crazy as they used to be and certainly not so vocal. We only sing when we're winning line comes to mind a lot.

The Dubs will come to Omagh in huge mass and I fear us the fans are NOT prepared for that.
I've never seen so many Dubs here so keen to attend a game in my life. I'm being tortured since Sunday asking for tickets and where to stay etc etc.

We need to get our act together and stop them taking over. I don't know. Arrange orange marches in Armagh or Aughnacloy and delay them. Dont let them get near Omagh until 8pm.
You see the shite they do to our supporters when ye come to Dublin from parking scams to booing our frees and annoying poor Morgan.
If we let the Dubs settle in nicely and they get their swagger we can kiss this game goodbye after 20 mins. They thrive on goals and when they get the first the flood gates open.

trailer

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 17, 2018, 11:38:59 AM
When I first heard about the game and the deal with the Dubs allocation of tickets and them being allowed so much of the main stand with season tickets I started getting annoyed.
I feared that our county board would bend over backwards to accommodate them and I heard on the news here in Dublin this morning that they expect the Dubs to outnumber us.
I have noticed for some time now the Tyrone fans NOT being as football crazy as they used to be and certainly not so vocal. We only sing when we're winning line comes to mind a lot.

The Dubs will come to Omagh in huge mass and I fear us the fans are NOT prepared for that.
I've never seen so many Dubs here so keen to attend a game in my life. I'm being tortured since Sunday asking for tickets and where to stay etc etc.

We need to get our act together and stop them taking over. I don't know. Arrange orange marches in Armagh or Aughnacloy and delay them. Dont let them get near Omagh until 8pm.
You see the shite they do to our supporters when ye come to Dublin from parking scams to booing our frees and annoying poor Morgan.
If we let the Dubs settle in nicely and they get their swagger we can kiss this game goodbye after 20 mins. They thrive on goals and when they get the first the flood gates open.

We should expedite Brexit and erect a border IMMEDIATELY. A 2-3 hour delay at Aughnacloy would sort them. BREXIT NOW!

southtyronegael

Fuzzman, alot of Tyrone fans have drifted away because of the whole harte/county board thing and the ones who still attend find it hard to get excited by what they are watching most of the time. The real action starts with the club championship.

longballin

Saturday night is do-or-die for Tyrone with many supporters; not necessarily win which might be too much of an ask but restore some pride after the debacle against Dublin last summer. It was the manner of that defeat which was so demoralising and humiliating. 

redhandefender

Ugh just realised when I'm not logged in I can see that bell end South Fermanagh Gaels posts.

sensethetone

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 17, 2018, 02:26:27 PM
Fuzzman, alot of Tyrone fans have drifted away because of the whole harte/county board thing and the ones who still attend find it hard to get excited by what they are watching most of the time. The real action starts with the club championship.
You sound like the Derry men now lol