Previous topic - Next topic

Maroon Manc

Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 20, 2021, 12:17:27 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 20, 2021, 12:09:34 PM
Quote from: OgraAnDun on January 20, 2021, 12:03:34 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 20, 2021, 11:40:25 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 19, 2021, 11:41:39 PM
Quote from: thebigfella on January 19, 2021, 11:36:02 PM
Dodged one on Sancho I reckon. No where near the quality for the valuation and looking like a full season without gates receipts etc... due to covid so I'd say luck rather than good business

Yeah I've watched a number of games with him, average, Haaland though is top drawer

Yep and I think Ole knew it too long before the rest. We all know the problem there and I'd say no point having him if it comes with that other parasite.

I'd be seeing what Diallo is like in the background before even contemplating a move for Sancho again; and at least 30 million below what Dortmund wanted.

Dortmund seem to be trying to flog Sancho now judging by their latest comments

Haaland is something else, United were linked with him before he made the move to Salzburg and then again in summer 2019 after 6 months there. United have really slipped up not buying him long before he went to Dortmund. As for Sancho I think its going to depend in Diallo and I don't trust the owners; Ole wasn't backed anywhere near he should have been last summer and if United can finish top 4 with a bit to spare I'd have reservations whether they'll spend big this summer.

Would agree but if the rumours about Haaland only signing if a release clause was included are true, then Utd were completely right to avoid him. His agent is a complete parasite of the highest order

Can understand that point but getting him a player as good as him for £17m is the best bit of business any team has done in a long time. Form their point of view I can see why they want to Dortmund, it was the right path for him before going to one of the real big boys. Dortmund will need to sell one of Sancho or Haaland this summer and its apparent its Sancho given his contract situation. The issue is whether anyone will pay what their looking for, I'm not so sure; You've got the like of Neymar & Mbappe who've both less then 18 months left on their deals so could be a lot of big players moving in the next few years.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 20, 2021, 12:48:56 PM
Dodged one on Sancho I reckon. No where near the quality for the valuation and looking like a full season without gates receipts etc... due to covid so I'd say luck rather than good business

Yeah I've watched a number of games with him, average, Haaland though is top drawer

Yep and I think Ole knew it too long before the rest. We all know the problem there and I'd say no point having him if it comes with that other parasite.

I'd be seeing what Diallo is like in the background before even contemplating a move for Sancho again; and at least 30 million below what Dortmund wanted.

Haaland is something else, United were linked with him before he made the move to Salzburg and then again in summer 2019 after 6 months there. United have really slipped up not buying him long before he went to Dortmund. As for Sancho I think its going to depend in Diallo and I don't trust the owners; Ole wasn't backed anywhere near he should have been last summer and if United can finish top 4 with a bit to spare I'd have reservations whether they'll spend big this summer.

Would agree but if the rumours about Haaland only signing if a release clause was included are true, then Utd were completely right to avoid him. His agent is a complete parasite of the highest order

Can understand that point but getting him a player as good as him for £17m is the best bit of business any team has done in a long time. Form their point of view I can see why they want to Dortmund, it was the right path for him before going to one of the real big boys. Dortmund will need to sell one of Sancho or Haaland this summer and its apparent its Sancho given his contract situation. The issue is whether anyone will pay what their looking for, I'm not so sure; You've got the like of Neymar & Mbappe who've both less then 18 months left on their deals so could be a lot of big players moving in the next few years.

Agreed the move for Haaland should been the big one instead of messing around on the Sancho deal a year later.

If Diallo comes in and shows potential which the Italians seems to be rating him with, then the Sancho deal becomes less crucial.

Haaland is going to end up in Real Madrid I would say at this stage.

thebigfella

Quote from: NAG1 on January 20, 2021, 01:16:11 PM

Agreed the move for Haaland should been the big one instead of messing around on the Sancho deal a year later.

If Diallo comes in and shows potential which the Italians seems to be rating him with, then the Sancho deal becomes less crucial.

It was - the problem was the clauses in the contract and Utd rightly (or luckily) didn't sign him.

trailer

Quote from: thebigfella on January 20, 2021, 01:26:33 PM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 20, 2021, 01:16:11 PM

It was - the problem was the clauses in the contract and Utd rightly (or luckily) didn't sign him.

What's Haaland's value? 200m? He's best striker under 21 in the world. If he continues this form for say 10 years, 200m might be a very cheap deal. Not many clubs have that sort of cash and even fewer now with Covid.

Maroon Manc

Don't know how anyone can say it was lucky we didn't sign Haaland. The lad is phenomenal, a special talent. The only clubs a special player leaves United for is Barca/ Real and their both very skint.

Getting him for £17m last January is one of the best buys of the last 10 years, giving him a new contract would soon get rid of the clause.

A huge opportunity missed for United.

thebigfella

You can't have it both ways. Raiola is a parasite and his bulshit is too much of a distraction, hence why Pogba needs to go.

No doubt Haaland would be great signing and improve the first 11 but at what cost? It would be the same shit every transfer window.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: thebigfella on January 20, 2021, 02:31:47 PM
You can't have it both ways. Raiola is a parasite and his bulshit is too much of a distraction, hence why Pogba needs to go.

No doubt Haaland would be great signing and improve the first 11 but at what cost? It would be the same shit every transfer window.

You're assuming every player is like Pogba, Haaland hasn't caused Dortmund any problems since he signed. The agent is a parasite but so is Pogba and thats the big issue United have.

Haaland is different and knows how to behave, luckily has his dad in his ear which will make a difference.

Boycey

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 20, 2021, 02:19:37 PM
Don't know how anyone can say it was lucky we didn't sign Haaland. The lad is phenomenal, a special talent. The only clubs a special player leaves United for is Barca/ Real and their both very skint.

Getting him for £17m last January is one of the best buys of the last 10 years, giving him a new contract would soon get rid of the clause.

Think you are miles off on this Maroon, the whole point of the release clause was to leave Raiolo in charge further down the line. Haaland wouldn't sign a new contract? A club spends a year or two developing to the point where hes a £100m+ asset and have to sell him for £50m or whatever the release clause is, guess where the rest of the moneys going? Raiolo of course.

You could argue that United would have the benefit of the couple of years he spent at the club but the day United get involved in a deal like that is the day they may give up. It probably suits Dortmund but if Haaland was really available for a straight forward £17m at the time every giant club in Europe would have been in the hunt

Helix.

A win is a win. Back on top. Fulham probably deserved a point but Pogba goal the difference  8)

Cavani needs to be starting the next day vs Liverpool, and the game after that, and the game after that.....

GJL

Good to see a win where Bruno is not the stand out performer. Others standing up and taking responsibility.

Cunny Funt

Easy to see tonight why Fulham got results over Leicester, Spurs and Liverpool recently. A well organised and drilled outfit and was always likely to take something special to beat them and Pogba delivered.

Great character shown in the first half of this season to win so many games after going a goal behind and now have an unbeaten away run that now equals one of Uniteds best ever teams.

NAG1

Good response to going a goal down.

AWB is still so naïve,  how many times did he get caught on the wrong side or got played around with a simple inside pass.
Better teams will exploit that and yes the CB's were at fault for the goal, but he was looking across the play and should have been able to either step up or snuff out the pass. I was in disbelief when the co-commentator said he was having an excellent season.

Outside of that some good positives and on to the next one.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Boycey on January 20, 2021, 05:59:22 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 20, 2021, 02:19:37 PM

Think you are miles off on this Maroon, the whole point of the release clause was to leave Raiolo in charge further down the line. Haaland wouldn't sign a new contract? A club spends a year or two developing to the point where hes a £100m+ asset and have to sell him for £50m or whatever the release clause is, guess where the rest of the moneys going? Raiolo of course.

You could argue that United would have the benefit of the couple of years he spent at the club but the day United get involved in a deal like that is the day they may give up. It probably suits Dortmund but if Haaland was really available for a straight forward £17m at the time every giant club in Europe would have been in the hunt

I can see those points but not every player is like Pogba who's going to let his agent cause mayhem, imagine Haaland was upfront in this United team. Realistically if he had come to United they would have to have given the agent and probably Haaland snr a fee for taking renegotiating the contract and taking out the clause but how much is he going to cost United a fortune if they want him in the next 18 months; The buyout clause is apparently 75m euros and probably cost another 20m euros in agents fees etc.

Maroon Manc

Quote from: NAG1 on January 21, 2021, 08:43:54 AM

AWB is still so naïve,  how many times did he get caught on the wrong side or got played around with a simple inside pass.
Better teams will exploit that and yes the CB's were at fault for the goal, but he was looking across the play and should have been able to either step up or snuff out the pass. I was in disbelief when the co-commentator said he was having an excellent season.

AWB hasn't been great for a while and desperately needs more time on the training pitch, great to get the win but it was far from convincing. Pogba reinforcing the view he's a joke, all the ability in the world as last night showed but continued to go through the motions for his 4 seasons at OT.

Martial/Greenwood again were poor, Greenwood in particular is so low on confidence; He desperately needs a goal. I think we'll get punished sooner rather then later in these games we're only winning by a goal unless we start winning games more comfortably. 10 wins and 3 draws from the last 13 league games is some record and something nobody seen coming, lets hope it continues.

NAG1

Quote from: Maroon Manc on January 21, 2021, 09:00:15 AM
Quote from: NAG1 on January 21, 2021, 08:43:54 AM

AWB hasn't been great for a while and desperately needs more time on the training pitch, great to get the win but it was far from convincing. Pogba reinforcing the view he's a joke, all the ability in the world as last night showed but continued to go through the motions for his 4 seasons at OT.

Martial/Greenwood again were poor, Greenwood in particular is so low on confidence; He desperately needs a goal. I think we'll get punished sooner rather then later in these games we're only winning by a goal unless we start winning games more comfortably. 10 wins and 3 draws from the last 13 league games is some record and something nobody seen coming, lets hope it continues.

Yeah the form of the front players outside of Cavani is definitely a concern, that is why I can't understand why DVB isnt getting more game time.

But to be fair to OGS and the squad they are finding a way to win. These are the types of games where points were being dropped previously.