Holidays

Started by Oakleafer93, June 03, 2009, 01:17:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

general

My mother in law is wanting a week down the south in a mobile home -wanting 27th july - 3rd aug. peak season i know. does anyone know of any sites where people may rent their unit out for the week?

BennyCake

Can anyone recommend anywhere in Kerry that would have plenty of self catering apartments to rent?

Keyser soze

Quote from: general on July 08, 2019, 11:00:16 AM
Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2019, 10:58:32 AM
Anyone know of any reliable sites to order currency online?

Get yourself a revolut card - top it up with your home currency and use in the required country via tap or chip and pin. you will receive a favorable rate. Used it in prague recently for a stag doo. small charge for cash withdrawals

Cheers Gen, that sounds like the ticket.

blewuporstuffed

Get yourself a revolut card - top it up with your home currency and use in the required country via tap or chip and pin. you will receive a favorable rate. Used it in prague recently for a stag doo. small charge for cash withdrawals
This

Revolut a great job
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on July 08, 2019, 11:03:17 AM

This

Revolut a great job

I get paid in Euro and the Revolut card is dead handy for transferring to my Stg account too,  at least a day quicker than bank to bank and better rates by far

Keyser soze

Do I need to get a physical card or does it work through the phone app?

brokencrossbar1

Quote from: Keyser soze on July 08, 2019, 12:39:19 PM
Do I need to get a physical card or does it work through the phone app?

I think you can add it to Apple Pay but I haven't used it for that yet

general

Order the Physical Plastic Card - takes 2 days to arrive

dont upgrate to metal - they charge per month for a premium account and its not needed

galwayman

I'm heading to Spain for ten days in September - our apartment has no WiFi included.
Looking for the most cost effective way of getting internet for myself and the wife in the apartment.
I could just use the 4G on my phone and keep topping up the data (I have a limited data plan) but that would end up being expensive as we want to stream etc and also the wife would only be able to use my tethered connection if I'm within range.
There will be days I'm sure where I'll head off solo with one of the kids so it wouldn't really be workable.
Any ideas for an alternative?
My WiFi at home is Vodafone 4G mobile broadband - if I was to bring that router with me would it work over there I wonder?

AZOffaly

Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2019, 11:02:31 AM
Can anyone recommend anywhere in Kerry that would have plenty of self catering apartments to rent?

Castleross Hotel in Killarney does chalets. Also I believe there's self catering apartments in Glenbeigh and Cahirciveen as well. We rented a holiday home down in Cahirciveen a few times, lovely, but not overly cheap.

armaghniac

Quote from: galwayman on July 08, 2019, 12:55:33 PM
My WiFi at home is Vodafone 4G mobile broadband - if I was to bring that router with me would it work over there I wonder?

While there is EU roaming for phones there is not for mobile broadband, this will likely work but check out how much it will cost. You could get this gadget unlocked and buy a Spanish sim card for it.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Rois

Quote from: galwayman on July 08, 2019, 12:55:33 PM
I'm heading to Spain for ten days in September - our apartment has no WiFi included.
Looking for the most cost effective way of getting internet for myself and the wife in the apartment.
I could just use the 4G on my phone and keep topping up the data (I have a limited data plan) but that would end up being expensive as we want to stream etc and also the wife would only be able to use my tethered connection if I'm within range.
There will be days I'm sure where I'll head off solo with one of the kids so it wouldn't really be workable.
Any ideas for an alternative?
I was just looking at the little mobile broadband boxes last week and one of their big selling points was that you could bring it abroad and avoid roaming costs, albeit that doesn't seem to tie with the post below.  That's in NI right enough, but the EE box was top of my list.  Vodafone definitely have a version of the EE box too. 

armaghniac

Vodafone operate in Spain so they may do a deal with roaming on their network there, but the EU roaming directive does not cover dongle type devices, as far as I aware.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

galwayman

Quote from: armaghniac on July 08, 2019, 04:53:14 PM
Vodafone operate in Spain so they may do a deal with roaming on their network there, but the EU roaming directive does not cover dongle type devices, as far as I aware.
Thanks armaghniac - I
Guess a local Spanish data SIM card should work with the 4G router and bypass roaming charges?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 08, 2019, 03:21:28 PM
Quote from: BennyCake on July 08, 2019, 11:02:31 AM

Castleross Hotel in Killarney does chalets. Also I believe there's self catering apartments in Glenbeigh and Cahirciveen as well. We rented a holiday home down in Cahirciveen a few times, lovely, but not overly cheap.

Went through Airbnb this year for a few days in Dingle, house just 15 minute walk from town centre, weve got two dogs now and this place is dog friendly also. Try them
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea